Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 10: October 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if Charlene knew the dress would be so sheer she wouldn't have worn it anywhere!

Surely we can all agree with that!

Incidentally, I googled images for 'princess charlene', and of course there are 100s of pictures. And she looked pretty darn fabulous in all of them.

I found this photo on twitter

Instagram

Charlène wore already this dress for the Aktis party. We see that this dress has a white lining . It was not transparente.

In that photo the dress looks rather nice. To me this is just an unfortunate case with flash photog, if she wore it before with no problem she probably didn't think there would be one this time.
I think the dress overall is quite nice. It somehow makes her shoulders look very nice and not huge. Despite the unfortunate wardrobe malfunction, this is the best she has looked in awhile.

Last edited:
Somebody said me, this dress is perhaps not transpatent but it is ugly. It is your opinion of all here of this tread . No matter the taste of the princess Charlene, Charlene liked it and she sold it and she wore it.
All the sites of fashion are saying always that she is very elegant , There is an ocean between all of you who are conservativ and the sites of the fashion I often send you the links of these sites. She said that she wanted to do of monaco a town of fashion and she suceeded to make a fashionshow with Dior for the first time in Monaco in may. She designed the uniform of the students of Monaco, she half a new designer of Monaco Papa in wearing a dress of his collection at the . She designed the new uniform of the students of the schools of monaco with a new designer she wants also to help to launch. She will be at the head of a jury of a cars elegance races at the end of may. It is a fashion show with Cars . it will take place on the place of the palace and there are already many people who want to come to attend it .It will be a big event. Also I LAUGH when I read your comments, she must do that , she must ....Here on this beard, you don't like her for the beginning and you are always criticing her . She does a lot for the fashion and no matter of your critics; all the sites are saying she is one of the most elegant of the princess.and she does not need of your advices of persons which do not know of the fashion.

Wow, thanks for belittling people with an opinion different from your own. Most people here (including myself) have said they don't attack Charlene, just her questionable choice of dress in this case.

I don't know what they call your tone above where you live, but where I'm from it's called "rude."

I bet if Charlene knew the dress would be so sheer she wouldn't have worn it anywhere!

Charlene wore the Louis Vuitton Capucines bag to the Louis Vuitton show!

The Royal Couturier: Worn in Fashion Week: Princess Charlene Takes Paris!

http://www.louisvuitton.co.uk/front/#/eng_GB/Collections/Women/Handbags/products/Capucines-GM-M48871

She looked her, usual, stunning, and let's get past that awful outfit she wore the other day. We all make mistakes.

She looked her, usual, stunning, and let's get past that awful outfit she wore the other day. We all make mistakes.

I LOVE this look on Charlene - perfect. I looked up the price of the drool worthy bag and at 3,250 pounds it's out of my price range - Booo!!! LOL

In that photo the dress looks rather nice. To me this is just an unfortunate case with flash photog, if she wore it before with no problem she probably didn't think there would be one this time. I think the dress overall is quite nice. It somehow makes her shoulders look very nice and not huge. Despite the unfortunate wardrobe malfunction, this is the best she has looked in awhile.

You summed it up well because I, too, am in the minority who really like this dress / look. It's a shame that it does not photograph well under harsh flash lighting, but lesson learned, hopefully. [It's been fun reading all the comments though! :) ]

A comment on that fashion blog mentions that PC uses many different stylists, which explains a lot. They probably work independently too without any synergy in planning her wardrobe. And that could possibly be why we are seeing so much inconsistency and 'low moments'... I personally hope that she would rectify this situation by ensuring that her stylists work together. My other wish is that she would also start looking more at other fashion houses (Akris should not be the Alpha and the Omega). Oh, and less black, please, and a little bit more bling! But I guess I can't have it all... haha

I also liked the black sheer dress and do feel that in person it didn't look see through like in the picture. Big deal.
Don't like any of these giant suitcase like handbags that are so expensive, though.

Somebody said me, this dress is perhaps not transpatent but it is ugly. It is your opinion of all here of this tread . No matter the taste of the princess Charlene, Charlene liked it and she sold it and she wore it. All the sites of fashion are saying always that she is very elegant , There is an ocean between all of you who are conservativ and the sites of the fashion I often send you the links of these sites. She said that she wanted to do of monaco a town of fashion and she suceeded to make a fashionshow with Dior for the first time in Monaco in may. She designed the uniform of the students of Monaco, she half a new designer of Monaco Papa in wearing a dress of his collection at the . She designed the new uniform of the students of the schools of monaco with a new designer she wants also to help to launch. She will be at the head of a jury of a cars elegance races at the end of may. It is a fashion show with Cars . it will take place on the place of the palace and there are already many people who want to come to attend it .It will be a big event. Also I LAUGH when I read your comments, she must do that , she must ....Here on this beard, you don't like her for the beginning and you are always criticing her . She does a lot for the fashion and no matter of your critics; all the sites are saying she is one of the most elegant of the princess.and she does not need of your advices of persons which do not know of the fashion.

I think that most of us here on TRF like Princess Charlene and want her to be a great success. She is one of the most attractive princess in Europe and usually Charlene is elegantly attired. Royal protocol is on the conservative side and the fashion industry is not. Usually European princesses dress nicely and sometimes their choice don't work. Undoubtedly the majority of the posters here are not experts in the fashion industry but we do know what we do or don't like. It is natural to be surprised when a well known celebrity or princess chooses a ill fitting gown or poorly designed gown. That is all that we are discussing.

Princess Caroline once said in an interview that she could not always wear what she wanted to because her father is the reigning prince and the public expects a princess to dress in a certain way. I think that Princess Charlene is going to dress as she chooses. Perhaps with less regard to what is typically expected of a princess. Certainly Charlene is not prudish or a conservative wall flower.

An actress needs to show up on the movie set on time and knowing her lines. A princess's duties include arriving on time, properly dressed and making polite conversation. Because of the scrutiny of the media small gaffes and mistakes are blown out of proportion. A scandal erupts when really there is not much to discuss. People like fashion and enjoy talking about fashion. That is all that is going on here. And thank you for discussing the contributions that Charlene has made in Monaco. Do you have a link to photos of the school uniforms that Princess Charlene designed?

Last edited:
I agree with the valid comments on this thread. But...Charlene was so exquisitely dressed at the time of her engagement and marriage. It seems that ever since then she's gone out of her way to look dowdy, horrible, an embarrassment, take your pick. I can see if she wants to tone down the jewels and embellishments, but for the things of all things holy, she is representing her country, husband and herself.

I admit I'm totally baffled. To me it looks like she's gone out of her way to look horrible. :ermm:

Charlene's recent outfit, black and blue, is very beautiful as well. That's 2 engagements in a row where I have liked what she has worn. On disappointing thing is her hot pink lip stick.

I agree with the valid comments on this thread. But...Charlene was so exquisitely dressed at the time of her engagement and marriage. It seems that ever since then she's gone out of her way to look dowdy, horrible, an embarrassment, take your pick. I can see if she wants to tone down the jewels and embellishments, but for the things of all things holy, she is representing her country, husband and herself.

I admit I'm totally baffled. To me it looks like she's gone out of her way to look horrible. :ermm:

I'm sorry but come on.... the semi see-through of this weekend was unfortunate, there have been some bland outfits, but there have also been some great outfits, particularly when she's dressing casually or for visits with a lot of kids involved
No need for drama..

Princess Charlene at a Ralph Lauren Collection Show and private dinner in Paris on October 8, 2013, wearing a long evening gown in a fantastic colour - looks great on her!

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Back view **

Oh thank goodness Charlene has been on another engagement!!
A beautiful dress and a lovely colour!

Wow! Now that outfit is stunning! Fabulous colour on her! Matching bag and earrings and even a bracelet. She looks terrific.

Princess Charlene at a Ralph Lauren Collection Show and private dinner in Paris on October 8, 2013, wearing a long evening gown in a fantastic colour - looks great on her!

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Back view **
This is a lovely dress and the color looks wonderful on Charlene. And jewels, BIG jewels! YAY! A+++ on this wonderful dress and accessories.

I'm at a loss for words.. She looks absolutely stunning!!! Hair, makeup, jewelry. The gown is to die for on her and the color... smashing! Amazing transformation.

Superb! Everything works. She is the most stunning princess.

She pulled out all the stops, and I love it. The color and cut of the dress are great on her, and the jewelry is well chosen. Well done :flowers:.

Excellent she look amazing and OMG look at the substantial earrings. Lovely, just lovely.

Last edited:
Hurrah! for Charlene. She looks great, and those are some great honking earrings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she is perfection in that purple gown. Good job, Charlene! When she gets it right, she certainly is stunning.

And why isn´t she able to dress herself this way at official engagements? :confused:

That dress is amazing. She looks gorgeous. I just wish she were this pulled together during official engagements.

Hallelujah! Is this why you've been going without any jewelry Charlene? To starve us and then surprise us with big gorgeous earrings and a bracelet? The dress is divine, a fantastic blue/violet, terrific skirt, makeup that makes her face look so soft and great hairstyle, I like the volume lately.

Is it a Lauren dress?

Gosh. When she pulls out all stops she surely is a sight to behold. This is close to perfection. One of PC's best 'looks' of the year. I adore.

Really gorgeous. Just knocked it out of the park. Well done!!

She looks amazing. Love the whole look. Now introduce more colour into your everyday wardrobe Charlene. Please.

She looks stunning the jewels are beautiful the gown and it's colour are stunning on her the bag is gorgeous she looks like a Princess ..... thank goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom