Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 10: October 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 10 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Here are pics of Charlene and Albert at the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow. Charlene is wearing a lovely grey gown which initially appeared to be very low cut, but it's not.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

I think the color of the gown is a bit too pale, but the style is absolutely lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the color of the gown is a bit too pale, but the style is absolutely lovely.

I love her hair too. The cut of the gown suits her very well. Maybe a different color would have been nice. She is so fair and with blonde hair this color of the gown makes for a monochromatic look. Princess Charlene looks vibrant in bright colors and muted shades, pastel colors favor her too. Sometimes she has a dress ordered in two different colors. Maybe she will wear this gown in another color.

What a fantastic dress, and a figure that you need to wear such a dress. Love her hair a little puffed up too.

Last edited:
Both dresses are hideous on her. I wish she would dress like she was attending a fashion show.

Now this has to be the worst dress Charlene has worn for an official engagement. What was she thinking?

Now this has to be the worst dress Charlene has worn for an official engagement. What was she thinking?

Is that her knickers showing?? :eek:

Last edited:
Oh gosh, that is just inappropriate. She needs help. I'm so embarrassed for her.

Another disturbing outfit from Charlene, on Saturday night Albert and Charlene hosted a dinner for many Russian personalities from politics, from business, sports, science.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1375659_691067920905750_688656989_n.jpg
This dress doesn't look elegant at all with the lights of cameras, probably Charlene didn't know how it would look at the flashes. This dress is inappropriate for a dinner wi...th russian ministers.

oops, this is not good indeed, i think you're right and they didn't consider the flashlight impact, but in appears 'see through' and that can't be good for a Princess for whatever occassion

I thought that the dress for the ballet looked good with hairstyle etc but the see through dress is beyond awful, tacky, horrible, what was she thinking???

The same has happened to Princess Caroline when she attended the Rose Ball in 2008 and when she attended the wedding of her friend Ines de la Fressange. The flash camera is more powerful than the lights in one's dressing room. The high intensity of the light put off by a flash makes opaque clothing, such as a black shirt, at times look see through due to the strength of the flash.

Last edited:
Wow...it's a lovely dress but it's not the best choice for a meeting with a dignitary.

Last edited:
Atrocious! I usually cut her some slack, but I don't see any redeeming qualities about this look. Even her hair looks awful. Oh dear.

She looks tarty ....not best look

Last edited:
Se didn't do it purpose and is probably mortified. Feel sorry for her. As agogo said in #12, this can happen.

Charlene saw the dress at the fashion show for Akris. It was transparent there too. Charlene knew this. There was no accident. I liked Charlene but too many times is she excused now.

Why dress well only for fashion shows? This is more important, an official state visit in a g20 country. She represents a Catholic country,all of Monaco.

She has been attending events for over 10 years now. She dressed well while dating Albert. This is immature and disgusting. Can you imagine the outrages and press if the spouse of a Prime minister or royal wore the same?

Charlene needs people to stop kissing up and tell her the solid truth. She needs advise, a new fashion house and an expert adviser who is not the king of Spain's mistress. This is not how she should dress and she knew that before she married.

SHRIEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! *faint*

I'm surprised Albert doesn't get up the nerve to tell her: "Darling you look positively atrocious!"

:eek:

The black is a sign of the times for Charlene .. she needs help and fast .. it is an awful dress. The ballet is fine her hair is fine she looks okay nothing special IMO

The Palace has taken the photo away from their Facebook... It got very much criticism there. I just saw the photo of this dress at the Akris show, and if Charlene was there, she must have seen what the dress looked like at the flashlights.

I tend to agree with cepe. I don't think for a minute that P Charlene would choose to wear a see-through dress to a formal occasion, since she usually covers up pretty well. She must be very upset by the result since she comes across as a rather modest person. I think she needs better advice...

Last edited:
This is not the first sheer item she has worn. Nor is it the first time she has worn something revealing enough to show her breasts. The dress was sheer on the runway. She needs new advisors. The palace should fire whomever posted the pictures. There was more than a little criticism. It was scalding.

Akris does the princess no favors. They have been responsible for most of the criticized outfits. The US debacle, the Sweden dress and this. She needs a new fashion house. Armani did well for her in the many years before they were engaged. She should go back.

Last edited:
The Palace has taken the photo away from their Facebook... It got very much criticism there. I just saw the photo of this dress at the Akris show, and if Charlene was there, she must have seen what the dress looked like at the flashlights.
I was going to post noting my surprise that the Palace had allowed such a pic to be released on the official site. (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the white outfit that she wore to the opera. I thought it washed her out and her hair looked really messy.

As for the see through outfit, that was a definite no. It looks really unprofessional and a bit tacky.

I think the designer let her down by not putting in enough lining when they altered it from the see through version. I imagine next time Charlene will choose a dress that wasn't originally see through, or at least make sure the designer puts in tons of lining.

I agree the pale dress for the ballet made her look a bit washed out and I wasn't keen on the make-up as I thought she looked a little doll like. I did like the style of the dress and I liked her hair. As for the transparent Akris number, really not keen.(And think it was inappropriate for the occasion).

Another disturbing outfit from Charlene, on Saturday night Albert and Charlene hosted a dinner for many Russian personalities from politics, from business, sports, science.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1375659_691067920905750_688656989_n.jpg
This dress doesn't look elegant at all with the lights of cameras, probably Charlene didn't know how it would look at the flashes. This dress is inappropriate for a dinner with russian ministers.

Gadzooks!!!! I am speechless at how totally awful and inappropriate for the occasion the dress is, I do not understand her thought process at all. I give up

P.cs Charlene made 2 big fashion faux pas during this visit:
She was wearing pants while meeting Partriarch of Orthodox Church
Trasparent dress for official meeting
Let's hope she will finish with 2 faux pas...

Not the first woman, or even princess, this has happened to and no doubt will not be the last. Cannot get too worked up about it. Did love what she wore to the Bloshoi.

Last edited:
Se didn't do it purpose and is probably mortified. Feel sorry for her. As agogo said in #12, this can happen.
I too feel very sorry for her!! The very fact that the photo was removed from the official website tells me that neither she nor Prince Albert knew beforehand the affect the cameras would have on the dress. She is not a show-of and I am sure that she will be much more careful in future. The dress itself is very beautiful and was perfect for the occasion. We all make mistakes, and after all, although she is a princess, she is still a human being! To all the members who are crucifying her, thank your lucky stars it wasn't you in the pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom