The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Fur? I see Caroline wearing fur. Where is Charlene wearing fur?

Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The jacket Charlene is wearing on top of her gown is actually a mink cape, so it's fur!

Old 11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see Charlene wearing a fur. We can believe it is a fur but it is not a fur. Caroline is wearing e fur.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I don't see Charlene wearing a fur. We can believe it is a fur but it is not a fur. Caroline is wearing e fur.
A fur stole is different than a fur jacket. I'm sure that Akris knew what they said when they said she was wearing a mink cape.

By the way: Akris protects animal rights and so on, so I'm pretty sure that no animals were hurt for that cape!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope you are right. Few things disgust me more than people who wear real fur or mink in the 21st century!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Quote:
She is wearing a fur coat. Mink fur is a fur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I hope you are right. Few things disgust me more than people who wear real fur or mink in the 21st century!
I'm right there with you. I really hope Charlene's mink fur coat is a fake fur coat, not a real one.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I think that for political correctness and for not to unnecessarily raise unpleasant sensations and comments they should not wear a natural fur.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Nobility

People wear natural leather and natural fur and eat meat that is killed specifically for this purpose.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrijnn View Post
I think that for political correctness and for not to unnecessarily raise unpleasant sensations and comments they should not wear a natural fur.
Generally wearing fur is more acceptable in Europe. And cold climates of course. As for political correctness -

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Cepe, thank you.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Nobility

I think it all depends on the type of fur. I would have no problems wearing rabbit fur, but mink or fox crosses the line for me. And I'd happily wear NZ possum fur mainly because they are considered a pest there and they need to be killed anyway.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Cepe, I thank you as well.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I think it all depends on the type of fur. I would have no problems wearing rabbit fur, but mink or fox crosses the line for me. And I'd happily wear NZ possum fur mainly because they are considered a pest there and they need to be killed anyway.
mink and fox are also considered pests. People rear poultry (it is Thanksgiving after all), beef, pigs, sheep, goats and their skins, fleece, feathers etc are used. Mink is also farmed.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
mink and fox are also considered pests. People rear poultry (it is Thanksgiving after all), beef, pigs, sheep, goats and their skins, fleece, feathers etc are used. Mink is also farmed.
Yes I know but that's not what I mean. I have less of a problem with rabbit fur because rabbits are also eaten just like cows, pigs, chickens, etc. The problem I have with, for instance, mink is that it's purely farmed for it's fur. As far as I know there is no indigenous species whose survival depends on the eradication of minks and foxes. This is however the case in NZ with the possum.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Yes I know but that's not what I mean. I have less of a problem with rabbit fur because rabbits are also eaten just like cows, pigs, chickens, etc. The problem I have with, for instance, mink is that it's purely farmed for it's fur. As far as I know there is no indigenous species whose survival depends on the eradication of minks and foxes. This is however the case in NZ with the possum.
I accept your view but I take into account the livelihood in rural environments where poverty is a real issue and the impact of wild mink and foxes on livestock.

Interesting debate, but we need to get back on track and keep to Charlene's fashion

Old 11-28-2013, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread! The new thread can be found here!

Tags
princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion, princess charlene outfits, princess charlenes style