The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Palace has taken the photo away from their Facebook... It got very much criticism there. I just saw the photo of this dress at the Akris show, and if Charlene was there, she must have seen what the dress looked like at the flashlights.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

I tend to agree with cepe. I don't think for a minute that P Charlene would choose to wear a see-through dress to a formal occasion, since she usually covers up pretty well. She must be very upset by the result since she comes across as a rather modest person. I think she needs better advice...

Old 10-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Gentry

This is not the first sheer item she has worn. Nor is it the first time she has worn something revealing enough to show her breasts. The dress was sheer on the runway. She needs new advisors. The palace should fire whomever posted the pictures. There was more than a little criticism. It was scalding.

Akris does the princess no favors. They have been responsible for most of the criticized outfits. The US debacle, the Sweden dress and this. She needs a new fashion house. Armani did well for her in the many years before they were engaged. She should go back.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Palace has taken the photo away from their Facebook... It got very much criticism there. I just saw the photo of this dress at the Akris show, and if Charlene was there, she must have seen what the dress looked like at the flashlights.
I was going to post noting my surprise that the Palace had allowed such a pic to be released on the official site. (...)
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't like the white outfit that she wore to the opera. I thought it washed her out and her hair looked really messy.

As for the see through outfit, that was a definite no. It looks really unprofessional and a bit tacky.

I think the designer let her down by not putting in enough lining when they altered it from the see through version. I imagine next time Charlene will choose a dress that wasn't originally see through, or at least make sure the designer puts in tons of lining.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

I agree the pale dress for the ballet made her look a bit washed out and I wasn't keen on the make-up as I thought she looked a little doll like. I did like the style of the dress and I liked her hair. As for the transparent Akris number, really not keen.(And think it was inappropriate for the occasion).
Old 10-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Another disturbing outfit from Charlene, on Saturday night Albert and Charlene hosted a dinner for many Russian personalities from politics, from business, sports, science.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...88656989_n.jpg
This dress doesn't look elegant at all with the lights of cameras, probably Charlene didn't know how it would look at the flashes. This dress is inappropriate for a dinner with russian ministers.
Gadzooks!!!! I am speechless at how totally awful and inappropriate for the occasion the dress is, I do not understand her thought process at all. I give up
Old 10-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Courtier

P.cs Charlene made 2 big fashion faux pas during this visit:
She was wearing pants while meeting Partriarch of Orthodox Church
Trasparent dress for official meeting
Let's hope she will finish with 2 faux pas...
Old 10-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Not the first woman, or even princess, this has happened to and no doubt will not be the last. Cannot get too worked up about it. Did love what she wore to the Bloshoi.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Se didn't do it purpose and is probably mortified. Feel sorry for her. As agogo said in #12, this can happen.
I too feel very sorry for her!! The very fact that the photo was removed from the official website tells me that neither she nor Prince Albert knew beforehand the affect the cameras would have on the dress. She is not a show-of and I am sure that she will be much more careful in future. The dress itself is very beautiful and was perfect for the occasion. We all make mistakes, and after all, although she is a princess, she is still a human being! To all the members who are crucifying her, thank your lucky stars it wasn't you in the pictures!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Ummm...Really Charlene? I was hoping it was my eyes playing tricks on me. I dont know what to say about this choice in attire other than....what on earth was she thinking??? I also agree that this is one of the most ghastly and inappropriate outfits yet. Come on Charlene, you have better taste than this girl...get a grip.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Courtier

I cannot think of any other princess whose black thong was visible when on an official visit
Old 10-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that the flesh-coloured lining of the deep V-neck is too fine. She doesn't seem to be wearing a bra, and it shows. I do like her hair (...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think the color of the gown is a bit too pale, but the style is absolutely lovely.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Gentry

Mum, no one is crucifying her. It is time someone said the truth, no matter how harsh. Only then will Charlene hear it.

This is not the first time she has been so inappropriate in her dress. On another state visit her breasts were visible because she wore no bra. This is also not the first time she has worn clothes that were sheer or transparent. She was excused those other times as new or not knowing. This time there was no excuse and the criticism was fierce, even from her fans. That is why the palace removed it. The criticism, not embarrassment.

Charlene had no excuse not to know. She had a front row seat to the show and this is the picture on the runway. 34a0d337d67f82bf9ab7bd96e599f537opt - HostingPics.net - Hbergement d'images gratuit

No other princess or queen has shown her underwear intentionally. They would be eviscerated in their media. If it happened once, they took extra precautions that it never did again. Charlene apparently cares more for her fashion shows than being a representative of a country.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

The dress is pretty hideous see through or not. She should've worn at least a body slip underneath. But preferably something else entirely.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Gentry

don't you all think you are a bit harsh with her ?

Words can hurt more than a thousand violent hands
Old 10-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think that P Charlene has intentionally chosen to wear a see-through dress. I do believe either the fashion house or her advisers should take responsibility for this incident. She is not to blame...
Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Gentry

Harsh for saying that wearing a sheer dress on a state visit was inappropriate? No, it is honesty. A dose of it is due. Charlene has too many people saying yes. Being harsh would be calling her names. She wore the dress and knew beforehand. I see no words that hurt her here.

C4, how could she not know? The dress was worn in front of her. I put the link above. It was sheer then. She wore it straight away. It was sheer in low light, too. She has to take responsibility too. She should and could have said, non! This is not the first time.

She needs new advisors and a new fashion house. Only she can make that happen.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Must be something wrong with my eyes. I don't see any problem with the dress with the black herringbone design that Charlene was pictured wearing in that group shot in Russia. The shoulder area is see-through but the rest of the dress has a clever lining which hides anything we aren't supposed to see, unlike the version worn by the model on the catwalk.

Have a look at the whole photo, ladies and gentlemen, and compare Charlene's sleek appearance with the outfit worn by the woman standing next to her! Charlene's host and hostess aren't exactly paragons of sartorial splendour. Charlene looks just fine (though Albert needs to buy some suits in a larger size).
Old 10-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Thank you.She dresses edgier than the rest of the grown royal ladies but it's not like she is wear a bustier and a leather mini skirt.

Tags
princess charlene, princess charlene daytime fashion, princess charlene eveningwear, princess charlene fashion, princess charlene outfits, princess charlenes style