Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 10: October 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it all depends on the type of fur. I would have no problems wearing rabbit fur, but mink or fox crosses the line for me. And I'd happily wear NZ possum fur mainly because they are considered a pest there and they need to be killed anyway.

I think it all depends on the type of fur. I would have no problems wearing rabbit fur, but mink or fox crosses the line for me. And I'd happily wear NZ possum fur mainly because they are considered a pest there and they need to be killed anyway.

mink and fox are also considered pests. People rear poultry (it is Thanksgiving after all), beef, pigs, sheep, goats and their skins, fleece, feathers etc are used. Mink is also farmed.

mink and fox are also considered pests. People rear poultry (it is Thanksgiving after all), beef, pigs, sheep, goats and their skins, fleece, feathers etc are used. Mink is also farmed.

Yes I know but that's not what I mean. I have less of a problem with rabbit fur because rabbits are also eaten just like cows, pigs, chickens, etc. The problem I have with, for instance, mink is that it's purely farmed for it's fur. As far as I know there is no indigenous species whose survival depends on the eradication of minks and foxes. This is however the case in NZ with the possum.

Yes I know but that's not what I mean. I have less of a problem with rabbit fur because rabbits are also eaten just like cows, pigs, chickens, etc. The problem I have with, for instance, mink is that it's purely farmed for it's fur. As far as I know there is no indigenous species whose survival depends on the eradication of minks and foxes. This is however the case in NZ with the possum.

I accept your view but I take into account the livelihood in rural environments where poverty is a real issue and the impact of wild mink and foxes on livestock.

Interesting debate, but we need to get back on track and keep to Charlene's fashion

Last edited:

Time to close this thread! The new thread can be found here!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom