Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather is very hot during the summer, as you saw it at the wedding day we have to wear something where we can be well in our clothes and it is also hot during the night. All the women here are wearing open tops with a bra or without bra.
We have many portraits of the queens of XVII or XVIII centuries with top and dresses without bra, it was normal.I think that this is not the last time we will see Princess Charlene without bra. It is not a shame.

Good to see the couple in another event but I'm not feeling the dress.Her breast looks huge and they look like that they're spilling towards her armpits *cringe*..Sorry to say this::flowers:

Her "Jolie" necklace-the one in black and gold would have been perfect as an accessory.She has a nice collection of jewelries but she seems allergic to wear those.I like her minimalist style but a necklace plus smashing bracelets would have been nice on her.And please,PC..stay away from the heavy black eyeliner!..she looks good when she's pale.Bring back the person who did her wedding make-up!

Last edited:
We have many portraits of the queens of XVII or XVIII centuries with top and dresses without bra, it was normal.
Well, there were no bras in XVII or XVIII centuries, the brassiere started being common only in early 20th century ;)

Where is the lovely classy lady from her wedding day? She looks tacky, too much cleavage and a messy hair.

the dress is a repeat from the Nelson Mandela exhibit in February and the cut out is not only tacky but far too revealing
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08OLdYt6RE2Pb/x610.jpg

She looks too severe. Maybe if the hair was softer, it would have balanced out the gown (which does look a tad too revealing). A pair of earrings and a necklace would have helped a lot, in my opinion. Also, I usually think some people need to tone down their makeup, but she looks very wane to me. Spice it up, Princess Charlene!

lol im soooo not surprise im going to give her a nickname of tacklene if she dosent get her dressing undercontroll..way to much clevelage,she looks like she is going out to a disco..or rollorskateing..imo

My first reaction on seeing this was "(sigh) why does she always feel the need to put her breasts on display?" The outfit itself is not terrible, but her cups runneth over and it's not a good look on her, especially since she is now a princess. She needs to keep that in mind when dressing, IMO.

"Her belly shining through the belt"..hahaha!..this is so funny:ROFLMAO:

Dear Princess Charlene,

In case you're listening to Miss Isabell Kristensen's fashion advice,please stop it now!..In the name of Grace Kelly,just stick to Akris or Armani.You were doing it right..they might be boring and predictable but at least it was classy,fashion wise.

Love,
Me

Last edited:
What a stark contrast to the white demure dress she wore at the last event.

Oh my god! we are seing her belly through the belt, what a shame.! what a skandal!
I do not like her hair as we saw last evening, but why saying something? the one person who could say 'no' was the prince Albert and he was happy whith Charlene at his side and a little pride. as they were in the stairs to go to their seats. It is not worse than the dress of Princess Stephanie last year at the Red Cross Gala last year in 2010. and the people of the country (last evening, they were in Menton, a french town) are used to watch wifes dressed as Charlene was. It is not because she is a princess sovereighn, she must dress like old ladies, she is young and beautiful it will not be the last times, she will wear a dress like this one she was wearing last evening.

I agree with that statement I'm sure we'll see that dress on her again and she walk around with a lot of pride while wearing that dress not thinking anything is wrong with that type of style-just more fodder for me so keep it up girlie I need a good laugh

I don't like it, simply because I think it looks tacky, not just because she's the consort of a reigning prince. But she is still young, so maybe she should wear all of these things while she still can! :lol:

Last edited:
Oh my god! we are seing her belly through the belt, what a shame.! what a skandal!
I do not like her hair as we saw last evening, but why saying something? the one person who could say 'no' was the prince Albert and he was happy whith Charlene at his side and a little pride. as they were in the stairs to go to their seats. It is not worse than the dress of Princess Stephanie last year at the Red Cross Gala last year in 2010. and the people of the country (last evening, they were in Menton, a french town) are used to watch wifes dressed as Charlene was. It is not because she is a princess sovereighn, she must dress like old ladies, she is young and beautiful it will not be the last times, she will wear a dress like this one she was wearing last evening.

Because it's a fashion thread and that's what this thread is for? If the argument you wrote above would be the argument all the time, why have a fashion thread in the first place? To put pictures only?

im telling you ladies 3 more crazy outfits like this last one and im giving her the nickname tacklene...because she has earn it!
also do you u think she really dosent know how to dress for the occasion? or could it be attention is attention dosent matter if its good or bad just look at me-whats are your thoughts

Well, there were no bras in XVII or XVIII centuries, the brassiere started being common only in early 20th century ;)

If I remember correctly, at some point at the French Court, it was fashion to expose the breasts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
im telling you ladies 3 more crazy outfits like this last one and im giving her the nickname tacklene...because she has earn it!
also do you u think she really dosent know how to dress for the occasion? or could it be attention is attention dosent matter if its good or bad just look at me-whats are your thoughts

It is okay to call a dress "tacky", but we won't give someone nicknames like the
one you've proposed, that's offending. Princess Charlene will surely make more
fashion mistakes and she'll find some good looks, we'll see what developments
the future will bring.

Somehow ppl focuse more on fashion faux-pas than beautiful dresses/outfits...IMO Charlene chose very beautiful,classy,elegant styles in the past and the dress with the belly-cut-out did look very nice while she was standing,only when she sat down it looked a little bit strange. I guess semisquare is always dressed perfectly with a super body-shape and flawless hair *lol*
I have seen far worse things than a little bit of belly,so I don´t understand the whole issue...
Because Charlene is very tall and slim she can wear pretty much anything and for sure she has experts to help her find the right silhouettes and colours for her.

In reference to KittyAtlanta, it was also the fashion during the French Empire and Regency England to wear dampened muslin dresses. No small wonder that the fashionable world succumbed to pneumonia or "a chill". Imagine walking around in wet clothes all the time. Also in the French court there was a trend for rouged nipples at one time. I read waaaay too much history......

I love her with her hair down, she is beautiful !

A bit behind on this topic.

I didn't recognize the wedding dress brunch at all with the necklace added to it. It's amazing how just one accessory can make a outfit seem different. Charlene looked good both times, but I prefer the necklace look.

As for the cut-out dress controversy. It did make me think of Paris Hilton at worst, Blake Lively at best, but I don't think Charlene should be labelled as tacky for wearing it. Usually, she wears very safe, very boring, very predicable Armani fashion. This dress, with its nods towards Versace and Gucci, is sexy, daring and different. As for it' not being princessy, lets remember that Princess Diana wore TONS of cleavege baring gowns/cocktails dresses the last 2 years of her life and nobody thought she looked not-regal. And, as has been mentioned by others: nudity and body-baring is nothing new where court fashion is concerned. Also: if Charlene is tacky, what does that make Stephanie? While Charlene has her misses, at least she tries to dress the part of stereotypical princess fashion most of the time. When was the last time Stephanie made anyone think 'princess'? (I like Stephanie, but not her style sense It makes a mockery of royalty and fashion.)

I like that she is recycling clothes, although I bet it frustrates fashion insiders given that Kate does it too.

A bit behind on this topic.

I didn't recognize the wedding dress brunch at all with the necklace added to it. It's amazing how just one accessory can make a outfit seem different. Charlene looked good both times, but I prefer the necklace look.

As for the cut-out dress controversy. It did make me think of Paris Hilton at worst, Blake Lively at best, but I don't think Charlene should be labelled as tacky for wearing it. Usually, she wears very safe, very boring, very predicable Armani fashion. This dress, with its nods towards Versace and Gucci, is sexy, daring and different. As for it' not being princessy, lets remember that Princess Diana wore TONS of cleavege baring gowns/cocktails dresses the last 2 years of her life and nobody thought she looked not-regal. And, as has been mentioned by others: nudity and body-baring is nothing new where court fashion is concerned. Also: if Charlene is tacky, what does that make Stephanie? While Charlene has her misses, at least she tries to dress the part of stereotypical princess fashion most of the time. When was the last time Stephanie made anyone think 'princess'? (I like Stephanie, but not her style sense It makes a mockery of royalty and fashion.)

I like that she is recycling clothes, although I bet it frustrates fashion insiders given that Kate does it too.
Love your post. Anyway in my eyes, she looks a little bit preggers...

If I remember correctly, at some point at the French Court, it was fashion to expose the breasts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I have been an avid reader of anything concerning past fashions and clothes, and I never heard of something like that... I know that there was a lot of cleavage exposure some times, but they didn't go as far as to show the breasts themselves!

Somehow ppl focuse more on fashion faux-pas than beautiful dresses/outfits...IMO Charlene chose very beautiful,classy,elegant styles in the past and the dress with the belly-cut-out did look very nice while she was standing,only when she sat down it looked a little bit strange. I guess semisquare is always dressed perfectly with a super body-shape and flawless hair *lol*
I have seen far worse things than a little bit of belly,so I don´t understand the whole issue...
Because Charlene is very tall and slim she can wear pretty much anything and for sure she has experts to help her find the right silhouettes and colours for her.
hehehe i wish..im very careful with my dress,i do dress in someone's opinion rather plan but the basic are always covered...yes folks pasties work wonders esp if you wear t-shirts

Charlene is tacky, what does that make Stephanie? While Charlene has her misses, at least she tries to dress the part of stereotypical princess fashion most of the time. When was the last time Stephanie made anyone think 'princess'? (I like Stephanie, but not her style sense It makes a mockery of royalty and fashion.)
its make princess stephanie's choice not all of them but a lot of them tacky...but this is a form on charlene's dress

in regards to princess stephanie choice of clothing ..yea a lot of them can be called tacky but this is a form on charlene not stephanie
and in regards to kate recycling her clothing..imo the issue is not the repeat of clothing but the choice,if its correct for them event she is attending, and if it shows way to much skin..she can repeat all of the clothes til the cows come home but if its showing almost all of your breast and you already have large breast then its vulgar imo
again this isnt about kate but charlene...all of this is said with love and kindness so pls dont take offense at my wording

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm an "elderly type" and I thought she looked terrific, maybe not the best she's ever looked but quite fine. I haven't seen her ever look tacky or vulgar. I think everyone has their own opinion of what is vulgar when it comes to the cleavage issue, but as I said IMO she hasn't come close to vulgar.

I Agree with Cordelia and Melina; some of you are acting like this is the freakin 1950s! There is defnitely not too much cleavage. What is with people thinking that every slit down a woman's chest equals too much cleavage; a slit does not necessarily mean over abundance of breast. I think the dress was ok, it definitely looked better when she was sitting down. As for her belly showing, I swear it had to be like 2% of her entire stomach; oh my call the Princess police. I think she wore the dress better at the Nelsen Mandella event than this recent one. I was thinking to myself a few days ago that I wish she would wear her hair down more; and now she has. I just wish it was in some form of style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom