Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think she looked beautiful, agreed that the color would be better on a brunette and would have liked a dress color that went better with the necklace.

If you can't wear some sparkle, false eyelashes, shine and LOTS of diamonds in Monaco, then where? Check out the attire of the other guests and her sisters in law.

Last edited:
I love the colour of her dress, for me she is perfect.

Elly C said:
The latest pics on Getty of Albert & Charlene dancing show that her gown perfectly complements the decor of the sporting club. They are very nice pictures and Charlene looks very elegant.

Getty
ditto

Charlene looks beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous. Love that color on her . She looks so much like Grace Kelly.

The overall look is lovely. I like the colour of her dress (blondes always look good in pink) and at least she's covering up her bossom. I also like the way her hair was done. And of course the diamond necklace (ocean tiara) looks fantastic. Diamonds go with any colour.

I don't like the pink Arkis dress.I thought the color was too much.

great post. Charlene seems to bring out the ugly in some people. Not just here try the other board. I have never seen such malice toward someone. The funny this that the entire board over there is all in agreement with one another. Purely ridiculous

And why is it ridiculous that they all are agree with another?

I like the corset-like detailing on the bodice of the dress. Does anyone know does it come in other jewel like colours such as: sapphire blue, emerald green and amethyst purple?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

:flowers:

i have to say charlene looked faboulous in her fucsia dress. it completely suits her! besides, i wonder if they knew what colour she was wearing since the decorations are also fucsia! :)

what surprised me though is that her skin seems badly damaged by the sun (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F7N1cSiCD1o/Tjxf1b1GAZI/AAAAAAAAU5A/164J_6mI8Bo/s1600/229.jpg), with darker spots. of course it doesn't show in every picture but it surprises me that she didn't take better care...

princess victoria seems to have the same problem (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RRshsJ9EW...9ifCNGcVPw/s1600/ste_internationa_6283883.jpg)

I don't think it's damaged by the sun.
She's got freckles and she used more make up in the past but after honeymooning in the sun maybe she thought she doesn't need so much make up and the spots just shined through.

Charlene looks gr8 in this fuschia color. She looks radiant. Her eye makeup was too heavy though.

I was so happy to see some real COLOR on her that this look gets an instant, enthusiastic nod of approval from me. She looked faaaaaabulous. Love the hair, even the dramatic eye makeup. This is Monaco, and the occasion called for her to dazzle. And that she surely did. :clap:

Charlene looked amazing! I love the colour on her.

The strong color is a great choice on her especially after we have been seeing her in grey's for evening looks in the past. The only part I did not like was the stitching "V" all over the bodice, it reminds me of V for Valentino which gives the impression its a Valentino piece when it is not. Other than that she looked great in the dress.

Nice to see Charlene in a bright colour, did she know the room colour theme was the same?! Looks a bit 'naff' with everything pink IMO! But she does look lovely over all. Have to say, I barely recognise her face from earlier days.

Disappointment for me, Charlene has looked much, much better last year, super elegant and classy.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0baBbUK4CQapR/x610.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/02/article-1299756-0AAA2813000005DC-764_241x674.jpg

This year, everything seems to be loud, flashy & TACKY. Matching the deco to Charlene's dress, omg! Its all too much, colour & different fabrics of the dress, ocean tiara as a necklace, Grace reloaded hairstyle, but nothing works together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aqqgUBazZ8KU/610x.jpg

I was so impressed with their wedding, where the motto was LOOK AT ME but in such an elegant, regal and classy way, yesterday it was LOOK AT ME again, but very cheap & B-celebrity.

Charlene has never been more stunning than she was at last summer's Red Cross Ball, or than she was at her wedding a few weeks ago.

Thanks for posting the beautiful photos to remind me! :flowers:

But unlike several here, I think she looked gorgeous this year as well, in that fuschia gown.

Oh I thought Charlene was splended last year AND this year. Nothing tacky about it at all. It's a ball and she dressed for a ball.

I agree Opal...a consistent skin care regimen recommended by a professional is KEY in that sort of climate.

And for God's sake...get rid of the cigarettes!! No skin care regimen in the world will overcome the effects of nicotine on a fair complexion.

Thanks Duke of Marmalade for sharing this.

Here are some more photos of this event. This looks like the same dress she wore to her wedding brunch. Also partially seen is a large photo of the new princess wearing her Ocean Tiara.

The necklace she is wearing looks like a new version of the Van Cleef and Arpels Alhambra four leaf clover necklace which Princess Grace also had.

MYROYALS: ALBERT&CHARLENE

MYROYALS: WEDD

artnet Magazine

Thanks Duke of Marmalade for sharing this.

Here are some more photos of this event. This looks like the same dress she wore to her wedding brunch. Also partially seen is a large photo of the new princess wearing her Ocean Tiara.

The necklace she is wearing looks like a new version of the Van Cleef and Arpels Alhambra four leaf clover necklace which Princess Grace also had.

MYROYALS: ALBERT&CHARLENE

MYROYALS: WEDD

artnet Magazine

Thanks for sharing this! I didnt recognize the dress since it looks much better now with the necklace.
While at her wedding brunch Charlene looked plain & stressed out, this time she looks really lovely (and with a better fitted bra underneath)!

That necklace must be magnificent because it obviously blinds one to the obvious. There is no the difference between the two occasions where she wore that dress. She is still in dire need of a visit to a top notch corsetiere! She was showing way more than she should!

Last edited:
She looked ABSOLUTELY exquisite and that magenta shade on her was fabulous. The small bit of exposed cleavage definitely added to the classic style and sophistication of the look. The magnifcent necklace and beautifully styled hair further complimented the overall picture. This girl is really and truely bringing the glamor back to Monaco. Well done Charlene. You are a stunning, stunning girl! Many royals can learn from your exceptional fashion sense.

Last edited:
Thats a lovely dress and she wore it very well. The hair do is also nice and it seems she likes it as its not the first time we've seen it. Personally, I thought she looked a bit too dressy for the event even though the overall was really nice. I think I would've enjoyed it for the event if the dress was shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom