Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene was included on Vanity Fair's best dressed list. This article was basically a vehicle to let us know that Kate was on it, but Charlene made it, too!!!

Vanity Fair Best Dressed: Kate Middleton Style – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Here is another link
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton leads the style set on Vanity Fair Best Dressed list | Mail Online

Carla Bruni Sarkozy leads the list, Kate is on the third and Charlene on the ninth place. No wonder Charlene is mentioned, I really like her style, with boobs or not!:flowers:
I am just curious, if Alejandro Santo Domingo and Andrea Dellal, both mentioned in the lists, have something common with partners of Charlotte and Andrea Casiraghi?

so the question is what will pc wear to the red cross ball...im waiting with excitment :)

Princesse Charlene attending the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses in
Europe" in Monaco today, August 3rd, wearing a grey dress and a white jacket, simple and
elegant - that's the style she should refine.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Love this look on her, very elegant. :flowers:

Elegant look but boring IMO. A brooch would've been nice or a nice pendent.
The shoes also put the look off for me, they're creamy where the outfit is grey and the jacket is white, nice grey heels would've worked great!

Oh Lady Finn,the dress is not ugly at all.It's a classical black dress
It's just a bit vulgar.This is what happens when women want to look too sexy by showing too much flesh (breast or legs).Charlene is not the only exception:cool:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Imageshack - 177sm.jpg
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

By the way,Charlene is not the only one to be blamed.Prince Albert has to guide her too.If he can't,he can hire for her a serious designer or a lady in waiting.
This is for sure a serious fashion faux pas.If I am not mistaken,l'odre de Malte has connections with the Catholic Church so there is no need to show her boobs that way.
Charlene is a very beautiful woman,so she doesn't need those extravagancies.
I hope,she will avoid dressing like her sister in law Stephanie who had some hilarious looks.As Duke said,she should be careful on how she dresses to be taken seriously
On the other hand,I have no problem with Charlene wide shoulders.Her body shape is much more attractive and beautiful than the bodies of some skinny or anorexic women.:whistling:

Agree. This kind of strapless dresses look awful to Charlene, because on her boops "on air and large shoulders.
Style is better to Letizia, she is thinner built, less boops.
But for Charlene this look is to be banned for ever.
And you are right, she needs help. She might did not know at all what was the ordre de Malte!It is inimaginable in a religious environmnent to be half naked. She needs a protocoll+stylist advisor, in order to adape her dresses to any circumstance, but again the Palace has to help her.
And this advisor has to be NOT Stephanie, because her also sometimes... a catastrophy. Boops and legs on air!

Elegant look but boring IMO. A brooch would've been nice or a nice pendent. your right but at least she is moving in the right direction

The white jacket is ugly, the grey clutch looks primitive and outmoded.I think PrCharlene should accept a few tips of stylist.Her outfits doesn't fit the situation.All imo.

Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife
A really ugly dress, not sophisticated at all, that looks horrible on her.

I think its look very cheap when you show off the "girls" like that:whistling:

I think its look very cheap when you show off the "girls" like that:whistling:
I think it even worse when one feels compelled to "name" body parts in an effort to conceal just how vulgar and insulting one's contribution to the debate is.

Whether it is the "girls" or "Hans and Franz" is irrelevant. It is incredibly offencive and I can think of no other HSH or HRH who is treated thus.

I am at a loss to understand why debate about Charlene's fashion and style is described in such vitriolic, personal, even intimate, terms when other fashion threads show that spirited debate is healthy and even fun!

So you don't like the dress! Actually, neither do I, but I do not feel the need to assassinate the poor woman's character to make my point.

:previous:Much agreement. I find it interesting that when I ask a Charlene detractor what she should be wearing, "they" either "don't know" or have no opinion.

However, I do agree with SemiSquare in that a brooch or other piece of jewelry (even a bracelet of substance) would add some pizzazz.

Last edited:
I think it even worse when one feels compelled to "name" body parts in an effort to conceal just how vulgar and insulting one's contribution to the debate is.

Whether it is the "girls" or "Hans and Franz" is irrelevant. It is incredibly offencive and I can think of no other HSH or HRH who is treated thus.

I am at a loss to understand why debate about Charlene's fashion and style is described in such vitriolic, personal, even intimate, terms when other fashion threads show that spirited debate is healthy and even fun!

So you don't like the dress! Actually, neither do I, but I do not feel the need to assassinate the poor woman's character to make my point.

So sorry, i didn`t mean to upset you...

great post. Charlene seems to bring out the ugly in some people. Not just here try the other board. I have never seen such malice toward someone. The funny this that the entire board over there is all in agreement with one another. Purely ridiculous

On this thread we are all "girls together", surely.....

I've seen much more vitriol in these threads which have been allowed by the moderators.

For instance, at the same time, on another thread someone is calling a woman "trash", and "tramp".....

Last edited:

Princesse Charlene attending the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses in
Europe" in Monaco today, August 3rd, wearing a grey dress and a white jacket, simple and
elegant - that's the style she should refine.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I really like the simplicity of this outfit. She looks very classy.

You've clearly never been in the Princess Letizia fashion thread. Just wait until people start questioning Charlene's mental health or joking that Albert should divorce her solely based on her outfits.

There's nothing wrong with the dress. The dress itself is fine. It's the way she wore the dress. There was really no reason for her breasts to be pushed up in that manner. That look doesn't look good on anyone- princess or not.

Charlene has worn similar dresses without the same effect: Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage princier : concert au stade Louis II

Noblesse & Royautés » Albert de Monaco et Charlène au Amber Fashion Show

Noblesse & Royautés » Charlène Wittstock à une exposition consacrée à Nelson Mandela Even this dress, which is strapless AND has a cut out in the chest, seems less "look at my breasts" than the one she recently wore.

Congratulations to HSH on being named to Vanity Fair's International BEST DRESSED List...I think it's a very well deserved honor for the new Princess of Monaco! :whistling:

You've clearly never been in the Princess Letizia fashion thread. Just wait until people start questioning Charlene's mental health or joking that Albert should divorce her solely based on her outfits.

There's nothing wrong with the dress. The dress itself is fine. It's the way she wore the dress. There was really no reason for her breasts to be pushed up in that manner. That look doesn't look good on anyone- princess or not.

Charlene has worn similar dresses without the same effect: Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage princier : concert au stade Louis II

Noblesse & Royautés » Charlène Wittstock à une exposition consacrée à Nelson Mandela Even this dress, which is strapless AND has a cut out in the chest, seems less "look at my breasts" than the one she recently wore.

That is exactly what i mean, it dosn`t look good on anyone- princess or not.
And look at the pic of Charlene with the same dress, without showing off the breasts, she looks so beautiful:)

Lyonnaise said:

I love this look on her...this is the Charlene I like to see.

The white jacket is ugly, the grey clutch looks primitive and outmoded.I think PrCharlene should accept a few tips of stylist.Her outfits doesn't fit the situation.All imo.

Hummmm...Charlene's outfit, if worn by another recent royal bride, would be praised for its simplicity and respect for those less fortunate in troubled economic times.

Cartoon names for female body parts are distressing, especially coming from women.

My best girlfriend uses "the girls" all the time, but I ignore it. She thinks its cute, I find it sophomoric.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't mean it the way it might have sounded to you.
"Hans and Franz" are the names Heidi Klum gave her boobs.
I wanted it to sound funny.
And I really think Charlene has good taste and fashion sense.

KittyAtlanta said:
Hummmm...Charlene's outfit, if worn by another recent royal bride, would be praised for its simplicity and respect for those less fortunate in troubled economic times.

A lot of what "another recent royal bride" wears is equally derided (along with lots of other royals), so it's not just Charlene getting critisized for what she wears. People who are not fans of Kate would nitpick about that outfit had she wore it instead of Charlene.

:previous:Much agreement. I find it interesting that when I ask a Charlene detractor what she should be wearing, "they" either "don't know" or have no opinion.
i posted several clothing options for her, its back a page or two but im not the type of person to complain without giving ideas on how to improve a situation-just check it out and tell me what you think

Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage princier : concert au stade Louis II

Noblesse & Royautés » Charlène Wittstock à une exposition consacrée à Nelson Mandela
im not a fan of strapless tops, dresses or gowns on her because of her shoulders--imo
just check out a post i did several days ago...there are some ideas that would fit her

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:I found your post (#115, I think) and all the selections are very nice...nice for another recently wed woman. The day dresses are very Kate. Although I like Kate, Charlene can do more dramatic clothing.

However, I do love the gown, but I like her in strapless so that nothing competes with her jewelry; which is (to me) the more important component.

Now, if she chose to just wear earrings (of a non-dangly nature) or no jewelry at all, that gown on Charlene would be the cat's meow!

MARG said:

Regardless of what one calls her breasts it doesn't change the pushed up look she has and honestly it's tacky....IMO she wasn't 'attacked' anymore then Letizia, Kate or even Mary (have you read that thread? Some seriously dislike her) but a spade is a spade and putting your boobs on display like that is far more vulgar then calling them 'the girls' . I didn't think the post was a character assassination at all.....just my opinion

Last edited:
for the sake of correct grammer-her showing the world her breast is in bad taste..ok im done with that subject can we move on unless the breast show up again then can we readdress it then?
now for her choice of clothing--im sorry but she should follow kate's look. yes its safe and might even be called plan but it works and she really needs to follow someone else's style just for now..imo

for the sake of correct grammer-her showing the world her breast is in bad taste..ok im done with that subject can we move on unless the breast show up again then can we readdress it then?
now for her choice of clothing--im sorry but she should follow kate's look. yes its safe and might even be called plan but it works and she really needs to follow someone else's style just for now..imo

I could not disagree more. I love Kate's look... for Kate. It works for her and her circumstances.

Charlene is a completely different person, in a different country and needs to dress in a look that works for HER.

And I really don't like comparing the two AT ALL.

Royal Newbie said:
I could not disagree more. I love Kate's look... for Kate. It works for her and her circumstances.

Charlene is a completely different person, in a different country and needs to dress in a look that works for HER.

And I really don't like comparing the two AT ALL.

Well said. Two completely different and unique women in different circumstances. what works for one wouldn't automatically work for the other.

In sum we seem to agree that a more respectful phrasing is desirable and that comparisons
do not always carry on the discussions, by now we should concentrate on Princess Charlene's
fashion and style again!

I don't like to compare Charlene and Kate either.
Charlene's job can not be compared to Kate's.
They don't share the same taste of clothes and they both have totally different bodies to wear different clothes!
Let's just hope Charlene goes on like she has.
I like her in black and I think Armani would agree on that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom