Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black outfit reminds me a top of the jumpsuit, she wore it before the wedding at some charitable fashion show I think :ermm:
Nice look, elegant but indeed she looks tired.

Hardly unusual, with all the various functions to attend, never mind The Wedding ! I know she's strong physically, but all these events and happenings can be pleasant in one respect, but utterly draining in another.

Here comes the white!!! ;)

South African President Jacob Zuma (L) shakes hands with Prince Albert of Monaco (2ndL) next to Monaco's Princess Charlene and South African First Lady Ma Thobeka Mabhida Zuma at the King's house in Durban on July 6 2011.

Repeated crocheted dress
http://9.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:28064562:preview:watermark?v=130d5eaa534

Here are two more pics of today's dress, she's worn it before at one of her pre-wedding interviews (see her old fashion thread).

** Front view ** Back view **

Agami.pearl, you are right, yesterday's outfit is also recycled, she's worn it on May 27 during the AmberLounge Fashion Monaco 2011.

iceflower said:
Here are two more pics of today's dress, she's worn it before at one of her pre-wedding interviews (see her old fashion thread).

This dress, IMO, is ugly, cheap and tacky looking (I'm sure it probably really cost a fortune) .....usually I love her style but just no to this....didn't like it the first time either and dislike it more now....

I really like Charlenes style over the past 6 months or so but this dress is so tacky.

The white crocheted dress is more suitable for an outing with friends, but not for a meeting with the president IMO. It does look a bit tacky.

Oh, I think she looks smashing in it. Beautiful. I imagined what I would look like in it, had a good laugh. She, also, looks more rested.

COUNTESS, I like the dress too..I think she looks smashing in it.

Maybe the mood of the luncheon was relaxed and informal, which is why she decided to wear that.

Totally not appropriate for meeting a head of state.

I like the white dress she wore. It's very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the brunch dress was smashing as was her hairdo. Didn't like the black one.
Love, love the crochet dress, very few could do that justice.
Do agree that it was not appropriate for the occasion.

A dress like that is only tacky, imo, if there is a lot of jiggling, and rolls, not a rock hard body like PC

Yup, better for a day on the French Riveria. Why couldn't she wear a shift dress? :bang: Any idea who the designer is?

She looked stunning, the president's wife in her suit looked like a stuffed sausage, so what is appropriate. I think jealousy is part of the comments.

She looks extremely pale and tired IMO

Actually, she looks better than she did. I think she got much needed rest.

The white crocheted dress is the work of South African, Durban-based designer Terrence Bray (S/S 2011 Collection). He is PC's favorite SA designer and has done quite a few of her evening dresses in the past. While she looks great in this particular number, I agree that it was not suitable for the occasion. What's more, it's winter now in SA, albeit a very mild winter in Durban.

And wearing black on your honeymoon, the previous day? C'mon, dear Princess, the eyes of the world are on you -- get some good advice and make a special effort. This is also not the time to 'recycle'. A special occasion calls for a statement; something appropriate and memorable.

I agree..that black dress washed her out and it is NEVER a good idea to wear black on one's honeymoon....unless you have just received news of a death in the family or something!

Agami.pearl, you are right, yesterday's outfit is also recycled, she's worn it on May 27 during the AmberLounge Fashion Monaco 2011.

I think Charlene looked lovely when she met the President of SA. I really do not think the dress was inappropriate.

For this occasion I would have liked to see her in a beautifully tailored white linen pants suit (with a thin black pin-stripe), and no blouse underneath... maybe just a string of pearls, and her hair loose... Forgive me, I'm playing dress up now! :lol:

Black again. *sigh* She looks so pretty and they seem really happy. I like the geometric patterns and what seems like very intricate African bead work. But IMO this is a dress that 'tries too hard' -- too much happening -- without coming together in a clean silhouette. She missed an opportunity to dazzle, sadly.

I think she looks lovely and happy.

They do look more relaxed in these pictures than those from the weekend. With all that was going on the wedding must have been a tremendous strain. I must say that I think they look happy in these pictures. I love her dress with the native design on it, very lovely.

Not a fan of the dress, probably because she's covering it up with the scawl and I can't see the whole thing. She does look more at ease, maybe having the wedding over or being in her home country, who knows.

She looks beautiful and relaxed and happy.

Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert II of Monaco kiss prior to a dinner party at Oyster Box on July 7, 2011 in Durban, South Africa.

Dramatic long black lace dress with embroidery. Looks a bit much for me.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/11...28DEC9EB4EE00BD83599A928370CF662493CAB6046F68

The close-up is horrible - usually footballer's wives show off such a cleavage why make it so obvious :bang:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/11...CFE6328EB8BD9BD83599A928370CF3C8ED17C4A82A95F
Can't see the dress but I hate this decollete with these fake breast defying all the gravity rules.
I was expecting better from Charlene and Giorgio Armani's advices!

Everything is wrong with Charlene and that black dress - too much cleavage, the dress itself has too much of everything. Her hair doesn´t look good either, and she looks tired and sad in the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom