The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Much agreement. I find it interesting that when I ask a Charlene detractor what she should be wearing, "they" either "don't know" or have no opinion.

However, I do agree with SemiSquare in that a brooch or other piece of jewelry (even a bracelet of substance) would add some pizzazz.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think it even worse when one feels compelled to "name" body parts in an effort to conceal just how vulgar and insulting one's contribution to the debate is.

Whether it is the "girls" or "Hans and Franz" is irrelevant. It is incredibly offencive and I can think of no other HSH or HRH who is treated thus.

I am at a loss to understand why debate about Charlene's fashion and style is described in such vitriolic, personal, even intimate, terms when other fashion threads show that spirited debate is healthy and even fun!

So you don't like the dress! Actually, neither do I, but I do not feel the need to assassinate the poor woman's character to make my point.
So sorry, i didn`t mean to upset you...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think it even worse when one feels compelled to "name" body parts in an effort to conceal just how vulgar and insulting one's contribution to the debate is.

Whether it is the "girls" or "Hans and Franz" is irrelevant. It is incredibly offencive and I can think of no other HSH or HRH who is treated thus.

I am at a loss to understand why debate about Charlene's fashion and style is described in such vitriolic, personal, even intimate, terms when other fashion threads show that spirited debate is healthy and even fun!

So you don't like the dress! Actually, neither do I, but I do not feel the need to assassinate the poor woman's character to make my point.
great post. Charlene seems to bring out the ugly in some people. Not just here try the other board. I have never seen such malice toward someone. The funny this that the entire board over there is all in agreement with one another. Purely ridiculous
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

On this thread we are all "girls together", surely.....

I've seen much more vitriol in these threads which have been allowed by the moderators.

For instance, at the same time, on another thread someone is calling a woman "trash", and "tramp".....
Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princesse Charlene attending the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses in
Europe" in Monaco today, August 3rd, wearing a grey dress and a white jacket, simple and
elegant - that's the style she should refine.

** Full view ** Upper part **
I really like the simplicity of this outfit. She looks very classy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

You've clearly never been in the Princess Letizia fashion thread. Just wait until people start questioning Charlene's mental health or joking that Albert should divorce her solely based on her outfits.

There's nothing wrong with the dress. The dress itself is fine. It's the way she wore the dress. There was really no reason for her breasts to be pushed up in that manner. That look doesn't look good on anyone- princess or not.

Charlene has worn similar dresses without the same effect: Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage princier : concert au stade Louis II

Noblesse & Royautés » Albert de Monaco et Charlène au Amber Fashion Show

Noblesse & Royautés » Charlène Wittstock à une exposition consacrée à Nelson Mandela Even this dress, which is strapless AND has a cut out in the chest, seems less "look at my breasts" than the one she recently wore.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to HSH on being named to Vanity Fair's International BEST DRESSED List...I think it's a very well deserved honor for the new Princess of Monaco!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
You've clearly never been in the Princess Letizia fashion thread. Just wait until people start questioning Charlene's mental health or joking that Albert should divorce her solely based on her outfits.

There's nothing wrong with the dress. The dress itself is fine. It's the way she wore the dress. There was really no reason for her breasts to be pushed up in that manner. That look doesn't look good on anyone- princess or not.

Charlene has worn similar dresses without the same effect: Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage princier : concert au stade Louis II

Noblesse & Royautés » Charlène Wittstock à une exposition consacrée à Nelson Mandela Even this dress, which is strapless AND has a cut out in the chest, seems less "look at my breasts" than the one she recently wore.
That is exactly what i mean, it dosn`t look good on anyone- princess or not.
And look at the pic of Charlene with the same dress, without showing off the breasts, she looks so beautiful
Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise

I love this look on her...this is the Charlene I like to see.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironical View Post
The white jacket is ugly, the grey clutch looks primitive and outmoded.I think PrCharlene should accept a few tips of stylist.Her outfits doesn't fit the situation.All imo.
Hummmm...Charlene's outfit, if worn by another recent royal bride, would be praised for its simplicity and respect for those less fortunate in troubled economic times.

Cartoon names for female body parts are distressing, especially coming from women.

My best girlfriend uses "the girls" all the time, but I ignore it. She thinks its cute, I find it sophomoric.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sorry I didn't mean it the way it might have sounded to you.
"Hans and Franz" are the names Heidi Klum gave her boobs.
I wanted it to sound funny.
And I really think Charlene has good taste and fashion sense.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

Hummmm...Charlene's outfit, if worn by another recent royal bride, would be praised for its simplicity and respect for those less fortunate in troubled economic times.
A lot of what "another recent royal bride" wears is equally derided (along with lots of other royals), so it's not just Charlene getting critisized for what she wears. People who are not fans of Kate would nitpick about that outfit had she wore it instead of Charlene.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Much agreement. I find it interesting that when I ask a Charlene detractor what she should be wearing, "they" either "don't know" or have no opinion.
i posted several clothing options for her, its back a page or two but im not the type of person to complain without giving ideas on how to improve a situation-just check it out and tell me what you think

Noblesse & Royautés » Mariage princier : concert au stade Louis II

Noblesse & Royautés » Charlène Wittstock à une exposition consacrée à Nelson Mandela
im not a fan of strapless tops, dresses or gowns on her because of her shoulders--imo
just check out a post i did several days ago...there are some ideas that would fit her
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I found your post (#115, I think) and all the selections are very nice...nice for another recently wed woman. The day dresses are very Kate. Although I like Kate, Charlene can do more dramatic clothing.

However, I do love the gown, but I like her in strapless so that nothing competes with her jewelry; which is (to me) the more important component.

Now, if she chose to just wear earrings (of a non-dangly nature) or no jewelry at all, that gown on Charlene would be the cat's meow!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG

Regardless of what one calls her breasts it doesn't change the pushed up look she has and honestly it's tacky....IMO she wasn't 'attacked' anymore then Letizia, Kate or even Mary (have you read that thread? Some seriously dislike her) but a spade is a spade and putting your boobs on display like that is far more vulgar then calling them 'the girls' . I didn't think the post was a character assassination at all.....just my opinion
Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

for the sake of correct grammer-her showing the world her breast is in bad taste..ok im done with that subject can we move on unless the breast show up again then can we readdress it then?
now for her choice of clothing--im sorry but she should follow kate's look. yes its safe and might even be called plan but it works and she really needs to follow someone else's style just for now..imo
Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
for the sake of correct grammer-her showing the world her breast is in bad taste..ok im done with that subject can we move on unless the breast show up again then can we readdress it then?
now for her choice of clothing--im sorry but she should follow kate's look. yes its safe and might even be called plan but it works and she really needs to follow someone else's style just for now..imo
I could not disagree more. I love Kate's look... for Kate. It works for her and her circumstances.

Charlene is a completely different person, in a different country and needs to dress in a look that works for HER.

And I really don't like comparing the two AT ALL.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie

I could not disagree more. I love Kate's look... for Kate. It works for her and her circumstances.

Charlene is a completely different person, in a different country and needs to dress in a look that works for HER.

And I really don't like comparing the two AT ALL.
Well said. Two completely different and unique women in different circumstances. what works for one wouldn't automatically work for the other.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

In sum we seem to agree that a more respectful phrasing is desirable and that comparisons
do not always carry on the discussions, by now we should concentrate on Princess Charlene's
fashion and style again!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Courtier

I don't like to compare Charlene and Kate either.
Charlene's job can not be compared to Kate's.
They don't share the same taste of clothes and they both have totally different bodies to wear different clothes!
Let's just hope Charlene goes on like she has.
I like her in black and I think Armani would agree on that

Closed Thread