The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She could wear a strapless dress, but cut higher around the bust and also wear a shawl. Charlene is a Royal not a celeb.
do you think she is confuse on that matter?
Quote:
many people criticizing her at every turn.
but she makes it sooo easy whereas princess kate dosent
Quote:
Many women can look extremely sexy without showing an inch of skin.
i totally agree and those women know how to lure men in with that type of dressing but that does require skill and confidence -imo if charl would achieve something other than being someone's mate i think she would think about her choice of clothing and how it reflects on her and her husband..imo
also i wonder if you are large busted if you should avoid strapless dress altogether ?

Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think this kind of bust is very helpful when it comes down to wearing couture and high end designer dresses (very befitting to a Princess of Monaco who is supposed to be more celebrity than other royals) - that otherwise would hang off the body like a potatoe sack.

Having said that, there is no need to show off the bust in a cheap way and stress it beyond the necessity of making a certain dress style look good. Not the bust is wrong, but the emphasis on the bust is. It makes a classy and elegant evening dress on a princess look like an on-purpose-too-tight dress on a B-celeb craving for attention.

Charlene doesnt need that at all and it doesnt help her to be taken seriously when it comes to her duties.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife
A really ugly dress, not sophisticated at all, that looks horrible on her.
Oh Lady Finn,the dress is not ugly at all.It's a classical black dress
It's just a bit vulgar.This is what happens when women want to look too sexy by showing too much flesh (breast or legs).Charlene is not the only exception
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Imageshack - 177sm.jpg

By the way,Charlene is not the only one to be blamed.Prince Albert has to guide her too.If he can't,he can hire for her a serious designer or a lady in waiting.
This is for sure a serious fashion faux pas.If I am not mistaken,l'odre de Malte has connections with the Catholic Church so there is no need to show her boobs that way.
Charlene is a very beautiful woman,so she doesn't need those extravagancies.
I hope,she will avoid dressing like her sister in law Stephanie who had some hilarious looks.As Duke said,she should be careful on how she dresses to be taken seriously
On the other hand,I have no problem with Charlene wide shoulders.Her body shape is much more attractive and beautiful than the bodies of some skinny or anorexic women.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Very well said soraya!!!!!
Maybe we should give Charlene some time to adapt in her new role as a HSH.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Serene Highness

good point soraya i'll give her time but shes had a lot of time already to adjust
Old 08-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
. . . . . . but she makes it sooo easy whereas princess kate dosent?
First and foremost, Catherine in not a Princess, she's a Duchess!

Secondly, Her Serene Highness Charlene Princess of Monaco is not the first and only royal lady to make a fashion faux pas. She most definitely will not be the last.

Thirdly, give the woman a break. Being a royal is new to her and to be honest, Prince Albert is no help at all. He has a certain style he likes to see on women and I think Charlene is still dressing to please. Time will give her the confidence to be her own woman and I for one will be watching with interest.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Princesse Charlene attending the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses in
Europe" in Monaco today, August 3rd, wearing a grey dress and a white jacket, simple and
elegant - that's the style she should refine.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Full view ** Upper part
that is better glad to see or not see the "girls"

sugar marg
cate's official title is HRH Catherine Dutchess of Cambridge....she is a princess and of higher station that princess charl-......
and she is n the public eye and what goes with that are people liking you and your dress and people who dont... she has a lot of time to develope a way of dressing that would bring her praise but unforunately she seems to be a slow learner...nothing wrong with being slow
Old 08-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
simple and elegant - that's the style she should refine.

exactly!!!
this kind of look is great on Charlene!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene was included on Vanity Fair's best dressed list. This article was basically a vehicle to let us know that Kate was on it, but Charlene made it, too!!!

Vanity Fair Best Dressed: Kate Middleton Style – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Charlene was included on Vanity Fair's best dressed list. This article was basically a vehicle to let us know that Kate was on it, but Charlene made it, too!!!

Vanity Fair Best Dressed: Kate Middleton Style – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Here is another link
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton leads the style set on Vanity Fair Best Dressed list | Mail Online

Carla Bruni Sarkozy leads the list, Kate is on the third and Charlene on the ninth place. No wonder Charlene is mentioned, I really like her style, with boobs or not!
I am just curious, if Alejandro Santo Domingo and Andrea Dellal, both mentioned in the lists, have something common with partners of Charlotte and Andrea Casiraghi?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

so the question is what will pc wear to the red cross ball...im waiting with excitment :)
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princesse Charlene attending the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses in
Europe" in Monaco today, August 3rd, wearing a grey dress and a white jacket, simple and
elegant - that's the style she should refine.

Love this look on her, very elegant.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Elegant look but boring IMO. A brooch would've been nice or a nice pendent.
The shoes also put the look off for me, they're creamy where the outfit is grey and the jacket is white, nice grey heels would've worked great!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Oh Lady Finn,the dress is not ugly at all.It's a classical black dress
It's just a bit vulgar.This is what happens when women want to look too sexy by showing too much flesh (breast or legs).Charlene is not the only exception
Imageshack - 177sm.jpg

By the way,Charlene is not the only one to be blamed.Prince Albert has to guide her too.If he can't,he can hire for her a serious designer or a lady in waiting.
This is for sure a serious fashion faux pas.If I am not mistaken,l'odre de Malte has connections with the Catholic Church so there is no need to show her boobs that way.
Charlene is a very beautiful woman,so she doesn't need those extravagancies.
I hope,she will avoid dressing like her sister in law Stephanie who had some hilarious looks.As Duke said,she should be careful on how she dresses to be taken seriously
On the other hand,I have no problem with Charlene wide shoulders.Her body shape is much more attractive and beautiful than the bodies of some skinny or anorexic women.
Agree. This kind of strapless dresses look awful to Charlene, because on her boops "on air and large shoulders.
Style is better to Letizia, she is thinner built, less boops.
But for Charlene this look is to be banned for ever.
And you are right, she needs help. She might did not know at all what was the ordre de Malte!It is inimaginable in a religious environmnent to be half naked. She needs a protocoll+stylist advisor, in order to adape her dresses to any circumstance, but again the Palace has to help her.
And this advisor has to be NOT Stephanie, because her also sometimes... a catastrophy. Boops and legs on air!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
exactly!!!
this kind of look is great on Charlene!
YES! Simply elegant!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Elegant look but boring IMO. A brooch would've been nice or a nice pendent. your right but at least she is moving in the right direction
Old 08-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

The white jacket is ugly, the grey clutch looks primitive and outmoded.I think PrCharlene should accept a few tips of stylist.Her outfits doesn't fit the situation.All imo.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife
A really ugly dress, not sophisticated at all, that looks horrible on her.

I think its look very cheap when you show off the "girls" like that
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
I think its look very cheap when you show off the "girls" like that
I think it even worse when one feels compelled to "name" body parts in an effort to conceal just how vulgar and insulting one's contribution to the debate is.

Whether it is the "girls" or "Hans and Franz" is irrelevant. It is incredibly offencive and I can think of no other HSH or HRH who is treated thus.

I am at a loss to understand why debate about Charlene's fashion and style is described in such vitriolic, personal, even intimate, terms when other fashion threads show that spirited debate is healthy and even fun!

So you don't like the dress! Actually, neither do I, but I do not feel the need to assassinate the poor woman's character to make my point.