Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
then she really needs to figure out what to wear because her last outfit look very much like a certain's persons style of clothing well...minus the lack of jewlery..
she has only two ways to go..safe and plan or struggle thru the land of fads...and the later dosent go well if your wearing clothes that dont fit your body type
also im sorry to say this but i dont think she has an eye for style..imo and i say that because she has had a lot of time to develop a style and it hasnt happen yet..again imo

Why should she go either one way or another? What about finding something in the middle that may work for her? Just my thoughts of course.

I agree Princess Luna. She is the Princess only for a month now. Let her grow into the role.

I love the colour of this gown

The color of the gown is quite lovely. She looks very nice (good jewelry choice too).

The cut of the dress is boring and the colour doesn´t match with her tanned skin at all. I don´t like her hair like this. The necklace/tiara is beautiful.

The cut of the dress is boring and the colour doesn´t match with her tanned skin at all. I don´t like her hair like this. The necklace/tiara is beautiful.
Yes of course it's the tan--- I was trying to work out why despite loving the colour of this dress I don't find it particularly works on Charlene.
I am looking forward to seeing some detailed photos of the gown as it appears to have some lovely details to it.

What a pity that the gorgeous and subtle Ocean tiara/necklace has to make its debut of being worn in public combined with a dress which doesn't do it justice at all.
The gown is absolutely the wrong color for it, the mix of fabrics doesn't work IMHO, it's too stiff, too shiny, too quilted, and too tight.
Perhaps sister-in-law Caroline wanted to do her a favor by turning up in a frock that's unquestionably worse.

I really don't like what that dress is doing to her figure. Her body is amazing and the dress is making her look rectangularish (not a word, I know). (There is, of course, the other reason I think the dress looks odd, but I don't want to speculate!)

Despite that, she looks great and I love love LOVE her necklace.

I don't like her dress and whole appearance this evening at all. I think the dress is ugly, I love the necklace but I don't know why she is wearing it with this dress. I don't get it. I think it's awful.

Well done, Charlene!!! I love the gown. The necklace is gorgeous, fitting her neckline perfectly. Hair has had attention. Larger clutches are becoming all the rage. She looks wonderful...and Albert ain't so bad himself.

i hope she grows her hair out or dyes it ( i know its blond) so that she can try more hairstyles

augggggghhhhh one step forward 5 backward
the color is very pretty, the gown is different and i like the hair but im not a fan of that thing around her neck..its to modern for me but whatever
here is my choice 1st
http://images.neimanmarcus.com/products/mt/NMT3GY9_mt.jpg
2nd choice
http://images.neimanmarcus.com/products/mt/NMT3LKN_mt.jpg
then i would have her in the same hair style
who is selling her on the idea that strapless gowns are for her? she looks like a block wearing strapless gowns, shirts whatever-imo
imo but i just beat my head aganist the wall..what fun

about her style- she has been in the public eye for yrs not a couples of weeks but yrs and she has yet to find a stylet.... again yet meaning that this isnt her 1st day on the job...

The latest pics on Getty of Albert & Charlene dancing show that her gown perfectly complements the decor of the sporting club. They are very nice pictures and Charlene looks very elegant.

Getty
ditto

So was the dress stitched up from the table cloth or did the left-overs of the dress fabric go on the tables?
Matching the color scheme in such a blatant way does not exactly result in the most subtle or elegant effect...

She looked perfect ! What a nice colour, style and superb necklace !

So was the dress stitched up from the table cloth or did the left-overs of the dress fabric go on the tables?
Matching the color scheme in such a blatant way does not exactly result in the most subtle or elegant effect...
you sum it up perfectly...i couldnt place it but wow...dress in a way to match the decor..now we'r in high school or at a wedding?

I believe that unfortunately, it's not just a matter of heavy mascara; the Princess appears to be wearing false eyelashes which are too thick, too black and too exaggerated - close up:

Photo from AP Photo

Disappointment for me, Charlene has looked much, much better last year, super elegant and classy.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0baBbUK4CQapR/x610.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/02/article-1299756-0AAA2813000005DC-764_241x674.jpg

This year, everything seems to be loud, flashy & TACKY. Matching the deco to Charlene's dress, omg! Its all too much, colour & different fabrics of the dress, ocean tiara as a necklace, Grace reloaded hairstyle, but nothing works together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aqqgUBazZ8KU/610x.jpg

I was so impressed with their wedding, where the motto was LOOK AT ME but in such an elegant, regal and classy way, yesterday it was LOOK AT ME again, but very cheap & B-celebrity.

I believe that unfortunately, it's not just a matter of heavy mascara; the Princess appears to be wearing false eyelashes which are too thick, too black and too exaggerated - close up:

Photo from AP Photo

At least she is not using heavy lower liner. Her effect at least with that looks like there was a sufficiently light hand in application.

She is stunning, though - I think. Well done IMO.

Duke of Marmalade - you have a good point there.... What happened to the regal creature on her wedding day ???

The answer, alas, is that the above creature never really existed.
The lady has a mind of her own....

I love the colour of the dress, but I wish it was a flowy dress instead of a fitted one. I also wish she'd keep out of the sun.

Last year she was just perfect. Make up, dress...
This year is ok for me but not that breathtaking as last year!

I like the dress, but it looks better on the model than on Charlene.
I also think her face was too shiny.

But she looks very happy and in love with her prince.

To be sincere,I do not like at all Charlene's outfit worn at Red Cross Ball 2011.First of all,the dress it 's nice,but it doesn't suit Charlene,who is a nordic type of beauty,this colour would have looked better on a brunette.Besides this,it wasn't nice to see that the colour of Charlene's outfit,who is actually Princess of Monaco,coincided with the colour of some tableclothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom