The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife
A really ugly dress, not sophisticated at all, that looks horrible on her.
I fail to see what is ugly about the dress since its black & simple and very elegant for what the pictures reveal.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I fail to see what is ugly about the dress since its black & simple and very elegant for what the pictures reveal.

(..)
I can´t see if the dress is beautiful or not, since it is so unsuitable from the top part and looks so tasteless. That´s what I meant by that it isn´t sophisticated.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

(..)
The dress is elegant, I agree.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife
A really ugly dress, not sophisticated at all, that looks horrible on her.
Nothing special about the dress at all, its black, plain and boring IMO. The unflattering part and which looks wrong to me is the top part.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Administrator

As it's been said before sugery speculations are not appropriate here and have been deleted!
Thanks for your understanding!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Courtier

I think Charlene looks beautiful. A lovely, simple and elegant gown. Timeless actually. What I love is that she still looks glamorous without all the jewels.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
I think Charlene looks beautiful. A lovely, simple and elegant gown. Timeless actually. What I love is that she still looks glamorous without all the jewels.
I agree, moreover she looks happy and self-confident.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

There's way too much boob showing. If some princesses can get commented on for showing their knees, then it has to be pointed out that Charlene shows too much clevage.

She's stunning to begin with- she doesn't need to push up her boobs so much.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it's disappointing when she is "gilding the lily", time and time again.

We all know she has a good figure, so why does she have to draw extra attention to it ?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
If some princesses can get commented on for showing their knees, then it has to be pointed out that Charlene shows too much clevage.
There's no problem about mentioning that she's showing too much, Lyonnaise.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
let me break it down for you...
her breast are meeting you way before she does-strapless dress look better when the"girls" are not popping out
her shoulders are swimmer shoulders and you need...need...need something to break up that horzinal plan...a stright line like that make her looks like out of proportion.i.e like a stright line
no jewlery -earrings, braclet or even a necklace-you need something with a little bling
all of her accessories are black...you need something to break all that up..
imo folks

Quote:
you always need some type of jewlery...small or big its always a must..imo
its like having mash potatos w/o the gravy u need it..a little or a lot of gravy is alway needed
Old 08-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
We all know she has a good figure, so why does she have to draw extra attention to it ?
Its beyond me since the unnecessary boob showing really cheapens her appearance, Charlene could look stunning in that dress but unfortunately she doesnt, no class methinks.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Courtier

I can only agree with you all.
She is beautiful, she's got a fantastic body and there is no need for her to show "Hans and Franz".
But maybe Albert likes it that way. He doesn't have a problem with it.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

smush u do have a point he might like her dressing in a not so classy way and imo he seems to be the kind of man you would have to go out out of your way to make happy..to many ladies willing to take your place...imo
Old 08-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Courtier

When I am the Prince of Monaco and I don't like my girlfriends/finacées/wifes dressing code I remind her of my status and that she also represents the state.
So I ask her nicely to dress appropriate and I don't have the feeling PA did that.
Maybe it's just the opposite. He likes her body, her shoulders and "Hans and Franz" so he doesn't care about the dress code.
He just wants his wife to look sexy and beautiful!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
When I am the Prince of Monaco and I don't like my girlfriends/finacées/wifes dressing code I remind her of my status and that she also represents the state.
So I ask her nicely to dress appropriate and I don't have the feeling PA did that.
Maybe it's just the opposite. He likes her body, her shoulders and "Hans and Franz" so he doesn't care about the dress code.
He just wants his wife to look sexy and beautiful! .
IMO it is not a matter of Albert liking or not having problems with it.
The point is what is appropriate and, most important, what suits her. Strapless does not suit her at all, specially with her broad shoulders and inflated air bags. It is just not harmonious. Besides, 'sexy' is far more subtle than wearing strapless with boobs popping out. Many women can look extremely sexy without showing an inch of skin.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
let me break it down for you...
her breast are meeting you way before she does-strapless dress look better when the"girls" are not popping out

you always need some type of jewlery...small or big its always a must..imo
its like having mash potatos w/o the gravy u need it..a little or a lot of gravy is alway needed
haha - I agree with you on both counts. You especially need some bling with such a simple, solid-coloured dress.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Charlene looked fantastic in the black dress. I hope she is secure and confident in her life to have so many people criticizing her at every turn.
This dress is too ugly
This dress shows too much boob
She needs to avoid black
She shouldn't wear halter type dresses
I swear she gets criticized more than Kate in the outfits department. I highly doubt wearing a strapless black gown is going to discredit Monaco anymore than Albert's illegitimate children have done.
ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF CHAR!
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think the dress is bad except for the exposure of too much cleavage and really it is boring in that Charlene wears this style and halter styles all the time. I don't mean she should cover herself up from head to toe, but in this instance, it was an appearance with the Head of the Order of Malta which is a very old order and is in close association with the Vatican so Charlene should have left the low cut cleavage in the closet. She could wear a strapless dress, but cut higher around the bust and also wear a shawl. Charlene is a Royal not a celeb.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Strapless or not, black or not, I think she looks beautiful and sexy.
Showing "Hans and Franz" is not the type of clothes I would prefer when I have to represent the state.
She doesn't need some bling with it. It all looks perfect the way it is!
But it's all a matter of taste and liking. You can't change that.

Closed Thread