The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

It does seem like charlene can never win when dealing with this topic. I remember at the Red Cross Ball when she was clearly the best dressed there and someone complained that she looked like a movie star more than a Princess. WTH! She looks great when compared to her frumpy sister's in law yet she gets criticized for being too glamourous.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
It does seem like charlene can never win when dealing with this topic. I remember at the Red Cross Ball when she was clearly the best dressed there and someone complained that she looked like a movie star more than a Princess. WTH! She looks great when compared to her frumpy sister's in law yet she gets criticized for being too glamourous.
I couldn't agree more.
She certainly has more fashion sense than Stephanie and Caroline.
And maaaany other royals!
Imo Stephanie looks cheap and Caroline boring!

Old 08-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Majesty

she looked rather tired at the menton music festival. the dress wasn't her best, with suck a neckline and with her belly showing...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

With Princess Charlene, we will never be bored, she has tasts of fashion that you have not . For me it is a difference of tasts between, the anglo saxon and european fashion culture But, she does not wear cloths that you buy in an ordinary shop, girls, the clothes that she is wearing are of big designers, Armani, Terence, Akris or Lagerfeld (see the civil ceremony.), She likes also to be a little sexy. we see a little part of her belly through her belt and it becomes a shame, how old are you ? I ask myself ?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Some more
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sr3rKTlVS3...25281%2529.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qLrXNcjFtk...on-637x0-3.jpg

A pretty dress (? - or are these wide legged pants) although not liking the cut of the neckline. Much improved look on Charlene incl hair.
LOVE this dress, neckline especially, and the wide pant legs - looks classy but also very comfortable. Charlene has the knack - if that's what one can call it - of wearing her clothing - her clothes don't wear her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
Is that her belly shining through the belt?
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...axphotos393228

Hmm, odd
Looks great IMO. Refreshingly casual cum formal. To have a body like hers - I'd flaunt it, too. Slim but boff - brimming with health and beauty. She makes whatever she wears work. IMO never has made a step wrong yet.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
LOVE this dress, neckline especially, and the wide pant legs - looks classy but also very comfortable. Charlene has the knack - if that's what one can call it - of wearing her clothing - her clothes don't wear her.

Looks great IMO. Refreshingly casual cum formal. To have a body like hers - I'd flaunt it, too. Slim but boff - brimming with health and beauty. She makes whatever she wears work. IMO never has made a step wrong yet.
Well put, a little sexy but not too much. Perfect for Monaco
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Commoner

I almost have to see her walking in this dress to see if it is pants or not. I love the dress on her. It was also nice to see her wear something that she hasn't worn in the spotlight before.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Courtier

Too bad she didn't wear some jewellry with the black outfit. It would have helped her not look so... er... bare. Some gold jewels would look good to accent her gold belt.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Princess Charlene at the celebration for the 100th anniversary of the Monte Carlo Golf Club yesterday,
August 27, 2011 wearing a short black dress. Although it's her usual style and nothing new I like it
this time, together with that nice hairstyle and the matching shoes.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Charlene at the celebration for the 100th anniversary of the Monte Carlo Golf Club yesterday,
August 27, 2011 wearing a short black dress. Although it's her usual style and nothing new I like it

Yes, I totally agree. She looks just fine to me, really relaxed!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Very nice. Classy and elegant. Perfect!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I agree, nothing new here but at least she has made an effort with a new hairstyle. The dress fits well and is a classic piece. Its a putty she doesn't put effort into jewelry at events as her look always seems to be missing something.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Charlene looks classy from head to toe but I agree that a necklace is missing.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Majesty

She looked lovely.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

The black dress is nice and simple. She looks lovely, the problem is that she always looks like a small child at church that was being made to do something they don't necessarily want to do. Many of us adults have learned how to "fake" a look of enjoyment at events that we'd rather not attend, maybe she should learn this skill and learn it quickly.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I think that might have been me. Or at least I was one of the backers of that complaint.

When I first started following her post-engagement, there was a of an anti-Charlene negativity and I did, and still do, agree with some of the critiques (education, speaking the language of Monaco, too much plastic surgery) and it bled over into how I saw her fashion-wise.

However, in the months since the engagement was announced, and the wedding, I've been informally learning more about her. I think she is more accomplished than what she is given credit for and I do think she genuinely cares about Monaco. Plus, she's honest about her fashion history, which appeals because there are many a famous folk who won't even admit to getting fashion advice.

I still think she has a way to go because she becomes truly stylish, but I now like and look forward to seeing her fashion originality: a luxurious but breezy glamour.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I like the simplicity of this outfit. She looks really nice, and the wisps of hair that she has framing her face make her look youthful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Only thing I would have done different is to put on some jewelry; her shoulders and chest look very bare.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Love that black dress. Very elegant.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Courtier

Oh yes, Charlene does look absolutely lovely. The fitted back strapless dress is so chic and elegant. I love the way her hair has been softly pulled back. A very beautiful look indeed. However, I do agree with a plain black dress like this one, some form of necklace would have been very complimentary.

Closed Thread