Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Charlene at the celebration for the 100th anniversary of the Monte Carlo Golf Club yesterday,
August 27, 2011 wearing a short black dress. Although it's her usual style and nothing new ;) I like it
this time, together with that nice hairstyle and the matching shoes.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Very nice. Classy and elegant. Perfect!

Princess Charlene at the celebration for the 100th anniversary of the Monte Carlo Golf Club yesterday,
August 27, 2011 wearing a short black dress. Although it's her usual style and nothing new ;) I like it
this time, together with that nice hairstyle and the matching shoes.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I agree, nothing new here but at least she has made an effort with a new hairstyle. The dress fits well and is a classic piece. Its a putty she doesn't put effort into jewelry at events as her look always seems to be missing something.

Charlene looks classy from head to toe but I agree that a necklace is missing.

The black dress is nice and simple. She looks lovely, the problem is that she always looks like a small child at church that was being made to do something they don't necessarily want to do. Many of us adults have learned how to "fake" a look of enjoyment at events that we'd rather not attend, maybe she should learn this skill and learn it quickly.

It does seem like charlene can never win when dealing with this topic. I remember at the Red Cross Ball when she was clearly the best dressed there and someone complained that she looked like a movie star more than a Princess. WTH! She looks great when compared to her frumpy sister's in law yet she gets criticized for being too glamourous.

:ermm: I think that might have been me. Or at least I was one of the backers of that complaint.

When I first started following her post-engagement, there was a of an anti-Charlene negativity and I did, and still do, agree with some of the critiques (education, speaking the language of Monaco, too much plastic surgery) and it bled over into how I saw her fashion-wise.

However, in the months since the engagement was announced, and the wedding, I've been informally learning more about her. I think she is more accomplished than what she is given credit for and I do think she genuinely cares about Monaco. Plus, she's honest about her fashion history, which appeals because there are many a famous folk who won't even admit to getting fashion advice.

I still think she has a way to go because she becomes truly stylish, but I now like and look forward to seeing her fashion originality: a luxurious but breezy glamour.

Only thing I would have done different is to put on some jewelry; her shoulders and chest look very bare.

Oh yes, Charlene does look absolutely lovely. The fitted back strapless dress is so chic and elegant. I love the way her hair has been softly pulled back. A very beautiful look indeed. However, I do agree with a plain black dress like this one, some form of necklace would have been very complimentary.

Last edited:

Princess Charlene attending The Yorkshire Variety Club Golden Ball at Harewood
House on September 4, 2011 in Leeds, England

Great dress, matching accessories, nice hairstyle, I like the whole look!

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Back view ** Side view ** Close up **

Charlene looks lovely here - I find nothing to dislike & everything to admire.

I love everything..the hair,gown,earrings..even her posture! A+!

The simple cut of the gown really flatters her statuesque figure.

Last edited:
She looks stunning. Love the simplicity of the gown.

Totally agree:) What a gorgeous dress,lovely earrings and pretty hairdo!Another great outfit from Charlene,she has good style and taste:flowers:

She does have great taste!! Her dress is very similar to my wedding dress of a few years ago:winkiss::winkiss::winkiss:

The seam across her waist highlights her narrowness of her hips and the color is too close to her skin. Still I like it because overall she looks amazingly good.

Last edited:
The colour is so much better. Dazzling colours like pink does not work on her, but gold and bronze and white.
But I don´t like the shoes.

Princess Charlene attending The Yorkshire Variety Club Golden Ball at Harewood
House on September 4, 2011 in Leeds, England

Great dress, matching accessories, nice hairstyle, I like the whole look!

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Back view ** Side view ** Close up **

Beautifully put together. Helps that she is both stunning and in such good shape. I also like to see a dress that looks comfortable to wear - and this dress seems to drape just right. Looks effortless. Love that. The dress is her, not the other way around.

The Leeds dress is beautiful, and looks great on Charlene. Her hair and makeup look wonderful. I do wish she would smile a little more in pictures, it might make her look like she is enjoying the event more.

I have to agree, the dress is lovely but also looks like it is very comfortable to wear, very nice indeed. She just looks very lovely.

Absolutely beautiful, just stunning!

She might have attached a train and worn that gown to her wedding!

I agree with you guys. This is one of the best looks I have seen from Princess Charlene. It seems to me that she is finally hitting her stride.

Overall look was great, simple and very well put together but unfortunately the color of her dress was quite boring and did her no good.
Loved her hairstyle but nothing special as similar has been seen.

There are just two words to add:

WOW and perfect!

I agree. WOW and perfect are fitting words for this particular look. Well done Charlene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom