The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
So was the dress stitched up from the table cloth or did the left-overs of the dress fabric go on the tables?
Matching the color scheme in such a blatant way does not exactly result in the most subtle or elegant effect...
you sum it up perfectly...i couldnt place it but wow...dress in a way to match the decor..now we'r in high school or at a wedding?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Gorgeous, just gorgeous - but....the mascara! What is happening? Is there a new style using gobs of mascara? So unappealing - and so unnecessary - though the sum total effect in Charlene's case seems to have a purpose and 'goes'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Old 08-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I believe that unfortunately, it's not just a matter of heavy mascara; the Princess appears to be wearing false eyelashes which are too thick, too black and too exaggerated - close up:

Photo from AP Photo
Old 08-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Disappointment for me, Charlene has looked much, much better last year, super elegant and classy.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...CQapR/x610.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...64_241x674.jpg

This year, everything seems to be loud, flashy & TACKY. Matching the deco to Charlene's dress, omg! Its all too much, colour & different fabrics of the dress, ocean tiara as a necklace, Grace reloaded hairstyle, but nothing works together.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zZ8KU/610x.jpg

I was so impressed with their wedding, where the motto was LOOK AT ME but in such an elegant, regal and classy way, yesterday it was LOOK AT ME again, but very cheap & B-celebrity.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I believe that unfortunately, it's not just a matter of heavy mascara; the Princess appears to be wearing false eyelashes which are too thick, too black and too exaggerated - close up:

Photo from AP Photo
At least she is not using heavy lower liner. Her effect at least with that looks like there was a sufficiently light hand in application.

She is stunning, though - I think. Well done IMO.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Marmalade - you have a good point there.... What happened to the regal creature on her wedding day ???

The answer, alas, is that the above creature never really existed.
The lady has a mind of her own....
Old 08-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love the colour of the dress, but I wish it was a flowy dress instead of a fitted one. I also wish she'd keep out of the sun.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Courtier

Last year she was just perfect. Make up, dress...
This year is ok for me but not that breathtaking as last year!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Courtier

I like the dress, but it looks better on the model than on Charlene.
I also think her face was too shiny.

But she looks very happy and in love with her prince.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

To be sincere,I do not like at all Charlene's outfit worn at Red Cross Ball 2011.First of all,the dress it 's nice,but it doesn't suit Charlene,who is a nordic type of beauty,this colour would have looked better on a brunette.Besides this,it wasn't nice to see that the colour of Charlene's outfit,who is actually Princess of Monaco,coincided with the colour of some tableclothes.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really think she looked beautiful, agreed that the color would be better on a brunette and would have liked a dress color that went better with the necklace.

If you can't wear some sparkle, false eyelashes, shine and LOTS of diamonds in Monaco, then where? Check out the attire of the other guests and her sisters in law.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

I love the colour of her dress, for me she is perfect.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Prince Albert II Of Monaco And Princess Charlene Of Monaco Attend The

Red Cross Ball tonight

Loving the hair, the dress is nice and love the Ocean tiara as necklace -good work HSH....!
Princess Charlene looks fantastic in this dress, a beautiful colour for here and the hair is smashing
Old 08-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
The latest pics on Getty of Albert & Charlene dancing show that her gown perfectly complements the decor of the sporting club. They are very nice pictures and Charlene looks very elegant.

Getty
ditto
Charlene looks beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous. Love that color on her . She looks so much like Grace Kelly.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The overall look is lovely. I like the colour of her dress (blondes always look good in pink) and at least she's covering up her bossom. I also like the way her hair was done. And of course the diamond necklace (ocean tiara) looks fantastic. Diamonds go with any colour.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the pink Arkis dress.I thought the color was too much.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
great post. Charlene seems to bring out the ugly in some people. Not just here try the other board. I have never seen such malice toward someone. The funny this that the entire board over there is all in agreement with one another. Purely ridiculous

And why is it ridiculous that they all are agree with another?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Courtier

I like the corset-like detailing on the bodice of the dress. Does anyone know does it come in other jewel like colours such as: sapphire blue, emerald green and amethyst purple?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

i have to say charlene looked faboulous in her fucsia dress. it completely suits her! besides, i wonder if they knew what colour she was wearing since the decorations are also fucsia! :)

what surprised me though is that her skin seems badly damaged by the sun (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F7N1cSiCD1.../s1600/229.jpg), with darker spots. of course it doesn't show in every picture but it surprises me that she didn't take better care...

princess victoria seems to have the same problem (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RRshsJ9EWt...na_6283883.jpg)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Courtier

I don't think it's damaged by the sun.
She's got freckles and she used more make up in the past but after honeymooning in the sun maybe she thought she doesn't need so much make up and the spots just shined through.

Closed Thread