The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Caroline looks stunning at the Rose Ball tonight.
The art deco style suits her well and makes her look even more like her grandmother Charlotte whom she honors by wearing her fringe tiara as a necklace.

Princess Caroline of Hanover attends the Rose Ball 2015 in aid of the... Nieuwsfoto's | Getty Images
Princess Caroline of Hanover attends the Rose Ball 2015 in aid of the... Nieuwsfoto's | Getty Images
Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Caroline of Hanover attend... Nieuwsfoto's | Getty Images

Old 03-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

The material is cheap looking.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Most of the pics we have seen so far don't do the gown justice. Most show Caroline holding the posy in a way that hides the dropped waist and lovely detailing of the dress.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 3: May 2012 -

Pcs Caroline is very pretty. Art Deco suits her well. Nevertheless she could have worm the gorgeous dress she worn in the Royal Danish wedding eve. Pearl grey with full little peplums.
One of her best gowns ever.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's a nice gown but somehow her overall was boring for me. Not sure what was missing from this look. Her hairstyle didn't suit her.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes, art deco suits Caroline well but to be honest she's too old for this dress. Her arms show her real age and its not a pretty sight.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/6491672d...umko1_1280.jpg
Old 03-29-2015, 03:52 AM
Majesty

The white gown is very lovely.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Courtier

I like her dress and I like how she always gives a nod to the theme of the evening. However, I don't think the hair particularly suits her and I agree that maybe her arms would have been better covered.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Caroline has worn long white gloves in the past might be time to start wearing them again.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Caroline has worn long white gloves in the past might be time to start wearing them again.
She has even worn such gloves recently: http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...on-950x0-1.jpg
Old 03-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I also think the art deco look suits Caroline well, but I'm not a fan of the dress as I think it has quite a "busy" appearance (am not sure if this is the correct word to use here).

The fringe tiara is wonderful as a necklace.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

I completely agree. She has done an admirable job of remaining slim throughout her adult life but she appears prematurely aged beyond her 50-something years at this point. And it really shows in her arms.

The dress is stunning and elegant on Caroline but she needed to accessorize with long opera gloves.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Her arms are fine and better than the woman next to Albert. She has gotten very thin.
Terrific of her to go with the twenties hairstyle. The dress and jewels are very authentic looking and stunning.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, art deco suits Caroline well but to be honest she's too old for this dress. Her arms show her real age and its not a pretty sight.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/6491672d...umko1_1280.jpg
I don't think this entire ensemble does anything for Caroline. Her makeup is overly shiny and robs her of all colour and the gown would have looked better on a twenty or thirty-year-old. Both make her look pallid. To put it bluntly, she looks like mutton dressed as lamb!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/467...jbXEh2rQ%3d%3d

Individually, her hair is beautifully dressed in 1920's style and the gown is a masterpiece of 1920's style design, but not on Princess Caroline. The pallid colour of the gown and the lack of support garments make this a complete washout. It seems to fall straight from the shoulders in a shapeless droop, which makes her look very wide which, of course, she is not. The exposed arms are perhaps also not a good look for a woman of her age.

I think if Lagerfeld said she'd look great she'd wear a burlap sack.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I had wondered what kind of bra she could wear with that dress and after seeing that omg, not a good picture.but, these outfits are for the gala and not for photos, so that does make a difference
Old 03-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know the season of this Chanel gown? (I am assuming it is Chanel)
Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think to describe Caroline as "mutton dressed as lamb" is harsh and sadly indicative of how women over 50 can be labelled if they dare to continue to have fun with fashion. She is attending a themed ball, wearing a costume. She doesn't have to ensure her arms are covered up because the flesh isn't as taut as it once was. If she bobs her hair or choose a very light palette, It might not suit her, but I don't think this is an inappropriate or ridiculous attire for her to wear which is what I understand the expression to mean. She is simply enjoying entering into the spirit of the occasion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-31-2015, 08:41 PM
Majesty

I agree Elly.HRH Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi, Princess of Hanover and Monaco, could not be anyone's mutton if she tried. She is the most elegant of women, and in her own way exudes a natural regal dignity that few other Royal women on the scene today can match.

However, I don't think her costume was all that flattering to her for the reasons I posted above.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:03 AM
Courtier

One of the reasons I follow Caroline is that I'm interested in fashion. I think she has fun with what she wears - sometimes it doesn't work or isn't to everyone's taste but at least she isn't boring.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

No, she is definitely Not boring...ever! But imho, this dress does nothing for her at all. It just hangs like a nightgown and the color just washes her out. The only thing that I love is the gorgeous diamond tiara worn as a necklace!! Stunning!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, princess caroline, princess caroline's fashion & style, princess carolines eveningwear, princess carolines style