Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 1: October 2003 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was quite dressed up for this event. Why wear a Chanel outfit when receiving children, it seemed odd to me.
The outfit reminded me of a clowns outfit but in a different color :ROFLMAO:
I love the dress very festive if u ask me

I thought she was quite dressed up for this event. Why wear a Chanel outfit when receiving children, it seemed odd to me.

Yes, indeed. :lol: Far too many ruffles... I'm not fond of the shoes either.

Glistening Seas

:newyear: Surprisingly enough; back in the 70's & 80's that style made it's way into the higher end stores.

:candycane: Caroline's dress is truly the height of haute coutoure the texture is beautiful, and the sleeves and neckline are true to the style of that era.

:candycane: Quite an elegant example of couture art form at it's best! a dee-lightful dress indeed. :poinsettia:

It's mostly the collar that makes it look clownish. If the top part had been a normal collar line then it wouldn't have been so bad because otherwise I like the dress.

I agree,dazzling, and the shoes with platform I dislike so much...:eek:

Inappropriate and rather ridiculous appearance - overdressed for the occasion, badly over-accessorized and overly fussy.
She's dressed like a little rich kid who just started the hobby of Norwegian knitting and got herself a part-time job as circus clown.
There's nothing elegant about it.

I love the dress. It's very avant garde and daring.

Glistening Seas

:xmastree: As a happy co-incidence in the 70's i owned a dress similar in style in sleeves & collar only a different fabric.

:candycane:It was a beautiful emerald green georgette lined dress with white georgette collar & sleeves identical to Caroline's style.

:candycane: As much as i loved my dress it was the height of fashion style without a doubt, Carolines is far more beautiful than we could have imagined. The texture in this dress is divine and texture seems to be staying around for a while in fashion. Quite a masterful creative artwork- really it's a feast for the eye good job

MONACO - DECEMBER 16: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover and her daughter Princess Alexandra of Hanover arrive to attend Christmas Tree party at Monaco Palace

Horrible outfit! The ruffle style of the dress makes Caroline look like a clown, plus the dress is quite short and the ultra-peeptoe-platforms are more suitable for Charlottes age group, not for an almost 52 year old woman whose face now clearly shows the strains of life.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/94...2E6EC6F8D87C863A8515E390E545DB3539CAA63253A8C

No, the outfit isn't horrible ( at least to me and, and with all the respect to your opinion ), it's just unconventional ( but then again, when did P. Caroline ever behaved conventionnaly in her life or in her wardrobe? ). Ok, i must admit that the colar is awful, but apart from that, the dress looks warm and cosy, and the flounces give it quite a festive look so according to the occasion... :santa2: :santa2: :santa2:

I think maybe if there were only ruffles on one part of the dress it would be better, or maybe fewer layers to the ruffles.

By saying this was the style in the 70's and 80' do you think she has had this dress that long? Or is the style coming back into fashion. I have never been a Caroline watcher. Is she known for wearing her clothes so many years later. (Like Princess Anne in England.)

It's not a dress I would wear but I give Caroline credit for being comfortable enough with herself to wear things that are really different. She must have a lot of self confidence to be able to do that.

Inappropriate and rather ridiculous appearance - overdressed for the occasion, badly over-accessorized and overly fussy.
She's dressed like a little rich kid who just started the hobby of Norwegian knitting and got herself a part-time job as circus clown.
There's nothing elegant about it.

:lol:

This is a horrible outfit! It's like she's trying too hard to be young and fashionable.....and it's just not working.

And the platform open-toe sandals with opaque hose?

:newyear::fireworks::champagne:

:lol:

This is a horrible outfit! It's like she's trying too hard to be young and fashionable.....and it's just not working.

And the platform open-toe sandals with opaque hose?

:newyear::fireworks::champagne:
Oh, Sassy, let's give her the benefit of the doubt. I agree she seems to be having some trouble accepting her age but, let's face it, would you like to see her dress as a well behaved granny? Well, i wouldn't, i think i wouldn't even recognize her in such manners. She as always been a rebel woman and a rebel princess, and she dresses accordingly...:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

:newyear1:
HAPPY NEW YEAR

I Think if the collar and 1/2 the sleeve ruffles would have been edited out, then it would be much, much better. One of those instances where runway didnt translate well off models.

Princess Caroline looks younger in this photo.

I don't know what that is on her purse?
I like the white coat in the 1st photo.

She was perfect at the Ball imo. She seemed like a real moroccan (sp?) Princess. I liked the earrings too. But the best of her accesories was her smile :flowers:

She was perfect at the Ball imo. She seemed like a real moroccan (sp?) Princess. I liked the earrings too. But the best of her accesories was her smile :flowers:
There was actually a Fez on her purse how imaginative and attentive to detail Caro always is-Her colourful dress had all the elements of the Orientalist theme and of course she looked like Matisse could have and would have loved to make a a painting of her.

I love her outfit... so colorful and she pulls it so well!

Was there any photos of the back of Caroline's dress?:ermm:

I do not like her dress: it looks just like one of those pieces of cellophane that wrap Easter eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom