Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 1: October 2003 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Duke, Ive noticed a certain tiredness about the Princess lately. Poor thing. Does she still smoke? But I think, even as she ages, she will do it with her innate style and elegance.

I truly loved the outfit P Caroline wore- its looks fantastic on her!

When I perused the photos, I was struck how SAD Caroline looks to me. (dark circles under the eyes, tired expression, tightly clinched jaw.....)

It reminded me a little of the pictures of her at her mother's funeral, I wish her peace!

As pictures taken during this year's summer holidays show, she still smokes.

In general, I find Princess Caroline's style vastly overrated. She certainly was something of a style icon in the 1980s and 90s, but during the past decade, I have rarely been impressed by her fashion choices, and especially during the past few years, there were more misses than hits.

While her Chanel ensemble at Monaco's National Day was beautiful, her heavy fur at the opera looked cumbersome instead of luxurious, and also somewhat inappropriate in the midst of an unusually warm autumn.
The sleeveless dress underneath with its pleated 'bib' effect is quite dull and unflattering, resembling something like a World War I nurse's uniform.

Unfortunatley, I think the smoking is really showing on Caroline now- how sad for such a beautiful lady, inside & out!

As pictures taken during this year's summer holidays show, she still smokes.

In general, I find Princess Caroline's style vastly overrated. She certainly was something of a style icon in the 1980s and 90s, but during the past decade, I have rarely been impressed by her fashion choices, and especially during the past few years, there were more misses than hits.

While her Chanel ensemble at Monaco's National Day was beautiful, her heavy fur at the opera looked cumbersome instead of luxurious, and also somewhat inappropriate in the midst of an unusually warm autumn.
The sleeveless dress underneath with its pleated 'bib' effect is quite dull and unflattering, resembling something like a World War I nurse's uniform.
I found her too flashy in the eighties and nineties.True her fur which was probably Grace's coat was cumbersome but I thought her white Chanel gown was chic along with gloves& earrings.It needed a special coat of its own especially designed for the occasion.It maybe time to relinquish Chanel.I thought Caro's hair was purposely long and pulled back to reflect her matriachal status as "mater familias."
However she did not have a deep cleavage and was sensibly attired although she failed to hit the fashion ball out of the ballpark.

However, Caroline has aged in the last months BIG TIME. All of a sudden her true age shows massively, as if she was spared for 5, 10 years and all of a sudden the tragedies show, maybe it has to do with the latest trouble, the rumoured difficulties in her marriage, .

couldnt agree more Duke :flowers: and as i tried to say before, :bang: these last few months haven't helped her at all. caroline looks more like her mother these days but awfully tired and unhappy. stephanie is certainly from the grimaldi side in her looks.

Courtesy of Wireimage.:flowers:

Princess Caroline of Hanover arrive at the National Day Gala at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco (19/11/2009).

Princess Caroline looks stunning, fashionable and very beautiful.:previous:

http://i46.tinypic.com/fwup8j.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2hs420p.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ym6ruu.jpg
I agree.She looks stunning with the authentic chinchilla fur and the long white gloves,Grace was so fond of,and she wears lovely earrings with The "Tour Eiffel",she has used many years ago and I love them.In my opinion,she would look better with dark lipstick,and clairer hair ....

she does look better than the model, but does the white fuzzy thing come off at some point? I mean how do you eat without making it dirty?
I call that the PMichael's of Kent dress look like a dress she would wear:flowers:

she does look better than the model, but does the white fuzzy thing come off at some point? I mean how do you eat without making it dirty?

December 27, 2005 - Ballet de Monaco

The whole outfit

mav2xg.jpg
mav3ag.jpg

Bag and Shoes

mav3pw.jpg
mav40l.jpg

Jewellery

mav72c.jpg
mavryq.jpg

source Eastnews and Deadline Press
It seems to me that Caroline is the ONLY one in her family that carries that royal allure............... without her...................I cant even type it. Caroline definately keep the royal tempearture for the Grimalidis

Last edited by a moderator:
It is difficult to see how you can uphold both the fashions of CW and caro in the same sentence.
Now Caro upholds the the Grimaldi fashion front. right. Everything of Caro's here is mismatched .jmo There is no allure in that.

I like this outfit when studying the details, but somehow from afar, the hot pink looks awkward. The shoes are FANTASTIC!!! I bet in person, (instead of photographs) the look was better. The only thing I did not like was the bronze studded circles, they didnt go with the silver thread in the coat, IMO.

It is difficult to see how you can uphold both the fashions of CW and caro in the same sentence.
Now Caro upholds the the Grimaldi fashion front. right. Everything of Caro's here is mismatched .jmo There is no allure in that.
Darling, I wasnt talking about the above pics, jst about the situation at hand:ermm:

I never mentioned CW

Last edited by a moderator:
Darling, I wasnt talking about the above pics, jst about the situation at hand:ermm:
In post #341 of CW's Fashion you actually challenge me to post a pic of myself to see how I would fare against that of CW.So evidently you think that the situation at hand regarding CW's fashion is excellent. I am interested to know that just because you have not posted as such here how do you reconcile the two who appear to be opposites of each other fashion wise that is . Nothing more.

Glistening Seas

:thanksgiving: DUDEPHILADELPHIA whuanderful pics indeed-y! The latest trends these days specifies that it is now the 'in' fashion to have shoes that differ from handbag. No kidding that was really stated in an article i read.

:candycane:So-o-o all things being equal these pics are perfectly 'in style" you see???

:candycane: the delicious handbag is apparantly co-ordinating the necklace while those dee-lightful shoes are co-ordinating the fab ring.

:candycane:Personally, i love the outfit but i like the handbag and shoes more. Terrific combo i think. She seems too young to be wearing such a serious pattern in the coat. But the playful accessories help re-vive and re-juvinate the outfit and allows the handbad shoes and jewelry to take center stage making for a very fresh and alive outfit.

The entire combination makes one look at each item of her persona and outfit and enjoy each piece along with hairstyle! very unique!
:advent:

I like Caroline's black outfit with just a splash of pink to brighten it a bit.

In post #341 of CW's Fashion you actually challenge me to post a pic of myself to see how I would fare against that of CW.So evidently you think that the situation at hand regarding CW's fashion is excellent. I am interested to know that just because you have not posted as such here how do you reconcile the two who appear to be opposites of each other fashion wise that is . Nothing more.

Charlene is no Caroline anybody could see that. CW fashion choices has been questionable on many occaisions. I can only think of
one or two dresses that should looked good from the pics I seen. My post to you was the dress she had on at the PG awards that grey number. I thought she looked great in that. I apologise for that CHALLENGE it was very juvenile of me to post such a negative comment:flowers:

Charlene is no Caroline anybody could see that. CW fashion choices has been questionable on many occaisions. I can only think of
one or two dresses that should looked good from the pics I seen. My post to you was the dress she had on at the PG awards that grey number. I thought she looked great in that. I apologise for that CHALLENGE it was very juvenile of me to post such a negative comment:flowers:
Apology accepted and agreed on Caro.

The dress looks like a nice beach dress ideal for S.France or a night out in Monaco during the summer.
The overall look looks much nicer with the coat on.

Not sure who designed it but I wont be suprised if it is Chanel. No everything seen in stores is featured on the catwalk.

Agree, coat on, much better on Princess Caroline...cannot imagine this outfit being anything but Chanel...

Totally agree with you both about the coat on. The dress is nice but would have looked better on Charlotte because of her age.

Horrible Caroline is not doing well these days IMHO her whole look is really joyless ? her personal situation and this little "getup" is no different she looks old and wornout and honestly she shouldn't, I might with all that going on in my private life, but I would e running a home and that goes with that. Charlotte looks pretty love the nail polish.

:previous:

Look, who sits beside her. ;) May this be a reason why they wear Chanel quite often? :whistling: I'm not very fond of this dress either, I don't like the pattern and it indeed looks like a summer dress and not very appropriate for her age. The coat and shawl look quite nice to me.

She looks gorgeous all in white with the coat on! But I agree I don't like the dress either. What a strange choice. She does seem off the mark lately. She used to have such style.

I don't care for her dress either I'm afraid.

:stocking: oh i must happily disagree the coat looks better on than off.

:candycane:While it's no doubt the coat is beautiful the outfit is really quite extraordinary. the fabric has a 'texture' to it which is really 'in' this season and the pattern is quite beautiful to say the least. Although with the snow it seems a little 'lightweight' but, haaa who could have guessed it would 'snow'?!

:candycane: Chanel does seem to be a fav of Monaco and they really do some wonderfully creative work. however, we read that it was actually Chanel or Lagerfeld whom threw the party for Caroline so that would explain why Lagerfeld was there. Besides anytime is a good time for a party and since it's been a while since Caroline has been actually living in Monaco; it seems natural they would have thrown a party for her. :poinsettia:

MONACO - DECEMBER 16: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover and her daughter Princess Alexandra of Hanover arrive to attend Christmas Tree party at Monaco Palace

Horrible outfit! The ruffle style of the dress makes Caroline look like a clown, plus the dress is quite short and the ultra-peeptoe-platforms are more suitable for Charlottes age group, not for an almost 52 year old woman whose face now clearly shows the strains of life.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/94...2E6EC6F8D87C863A8515E390E545DB3539CAA63253A8C

Duke, unfortunately I cant get your link to open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom