The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a few of the ones i like
Dress
great jacket
Dress
beautiful

Old 02-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Aristocracy

Beautiful pictures, Julia!!!

Thank you too, CasiraghiTrio!

Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I love her in her shoes, a very beautiful lady and especially her lady in red shoes normally put on.

who has the best dress sense amongst all these queens
Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

The handbag is a brown Hermes worn with faux snakeskin slingbacks a la Valentino.The other shoes appear to be Chanel.Princess Caroline has inbred elegance that is outstanding.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Aristocracy

Cute Girl and Larzen: I like very much your findings. I mean, how you both have offered the pictures of Princess Caroline's dresses and the ones of Chanel collections, side by side. It gives us the chance of seeing how she adapts the clothes to her style.

On the other hand, I also like the pictures offered by tbhrc, where we can see different moments dresses had been used. Just changing the hairstyle, jewels and shoes, clothes look so different!

I like very very much how she dressed in this picture. I think she is absolutely elegant. (Official portrait of the Monegasque Family, taken in 1997).
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
I am shocked that this is Caroline (last photo of post #2)! I would expect this kind of outfit from Stephanie, but not Caroline. What year was this? 1980s?
When caroline was younger she wore the styles of the period. She hasn't always been prim and proper with her style of dress.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Caroline's Fashion and Style

Hi everybody I am new here.
I have always been a fan of princess Caroline style, I loved any hairstyles she wore,her sense of fashion is great and I simply admire her for her beauty,and I was wondering if any of you
knows what perfume she wears and what make up brands she loves to use?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Gentry

Caroline has an AMAZING sense of style.......I believe she was the first 'modern' chic Princess. Diana had style, but Caroline has always had a fashion model sense about her.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiep
Caroline has an AMAZING sense of style.......I believe she was the first 'modern' chic Princess. Diana had style, but Caroline has always had a fashion model sense about her.
Not so strange. Fashionwise Caroline is a Française in heart and kidneys. In general French ladies have a great sense of style and Caroline de Monaco was no exception on that.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

May 12, 2007, a great white chanel suit, i like the corchet flowers on the jacket.White is a great color on Caroline.

Close up of the jacket (anp)
Full view of the suit (polfoto)

The shoes, well, i know theyre in fashion but & I do like the heel heigh on for a women her age but im not too sure about the square toe with the small ribbons.
The shoes (polfoto)
Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

I thought it would be nice of posting some pics where Caroline is recycling her clothes.

the light blue deux-pièces she wore one a national day in the mid-90's and on her third wedding day

And another one: A floral dress which she wore while married to Philippe Junot (I think in 1980) and again at the wedding of her children's nanny in 1991
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1996bdaycarlgustav.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	260445   Click image for larger version

Name:	31aa.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	260447  
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Aristocracy

She looks like a real princess
IMO she should wear more colourful dresses. Red, orange, green . . . but whatever she wears, she's a beautiful lady.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
IMO she should wear more colourful dresses. Red, orange, green . . . but whatever she wears, she's a beautiful lady.
She inherited this quality from her mother. She is always graceful and stylish.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Commoner

[quote=coco]She looks like a real princess
Hey, Coco, but she IS a real princess!!! or maybe not ??
Old 06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

[quote=drusi66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
Hey, Coco, but she IS a real princess!!! or maybe not ??
Yes she IS!
Maybe I can say: "she looks like a real pincess should look like"

But actually that isn't my opinion. I think a princess has NOT the duty to look particularly beautiful or to wear expensive, stylish dresses only. That would be terrible!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:50 AM

I have really enjoyed looking at all of these pictures of princess caroline, what a beautiful woman she is. Thank you to all of the posters.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Are there any pictures of Caroline wearing shift dresses, or sheath dresses, like the kind Princess Diana wore in the last two years of her life ? It doesn't seem to have been part of Caroline's wardrobe, but I may have missed them.
I thought Diana looked so wonderful in them, and they were so fashionable in the mid-nineties, I wondered why I can't think of a single one worn by Caroline.

Also, what are your thoughts about Caroline always wearing Chanel ? The reason I ask is that I think that when Diana expanded her designer choices, she really came into her style, and it even seemed every designer competed to make her look real good, it even gave Catherine Walker a second life in designing (the sheath dresses, by all the designers, were all winners in my opinion). Do you think Caroline's style would have been improved by having different designers dress her ?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

well, i think that both Caroline and Stephanie have an elegante' style that is quite all their own. As far as designer's well, i think they are all quite talented and it's not a matter of whom is more talented per se.

what imho is the point of view about desingers is that while they are all talented i think in every designer i have viewed their's always one or 2 styles that to me would stand out and make them something i would want to own. So, i think that whatever her choice of designers which i thought was Lagerfeld.

however, shopping from other designers as well wouldn't make her in a "dressing down" category. i would think it would be fun to stretch a persona style by viewing different designers and see what styles of their fit on Pss. Caroline or Pss. Stephanie person and of course, as always, that is a matter of their own personal taste. does aNyOnE have any opinions on this?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hi. I came across this link which contains some great photos of Caroline i thought you might like. There's also a similar page of Grace pics.
The Princess Caroline of Monaco Glove Gallery
Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a beautiful short black dress, what a great dress for a night out.
July 6, 2007 Valentino's Exhibition opening
Picture 1
picture 2
the back view
Picture 4
(gettyimages)

A printed Lepord Chanel couture spring/summer07 (style.com) dress. Looked beautiful imo, liked all the embroidery detailing on the dress.
07 July 2007 Valentino gala dinner
Picture 1 (ANP)
Picture 2 (gettyimages)

another chanel couture spring/summer 2007(style.com) dress. It did suit her, but i though too much silver going on on the dress, though the pink detailing was lovely & did give a nice contrast. I dont really like the thick work going down the front, looks out of place.
July 27, 2007 the Red Cross ball on in Monte Carlo, France.
Picture 1
Picture 2
picture 3
picture 4
(gettyimages)

Tags
fashion, princess caroline, style