Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 1: October 2003 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the turquoise and the red, the jewels are also great!!!

Le´'s face it, this is the worst, ugliest, most inapproprieted dress P. Caroline ever wore :eek::eek::eek:

I agree with you. The dress itself is not so ugly - it maybe would look fabulous in some other woman's body, but it does not fit to our dear Princess.

I loved the white gown with the one shoulder.Caroline looked gorgeous in it!

That black dress is the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time and totally not age appropriate for her. Maybe she should consult with Charlene's stylist.

I agree with you. The dress itself is not so ugly - it maybe would look fabulous in some other woman's body, but it does not fit to our dear Princess.
For someone who is so stylish this was just awful!

The Chanel dress is simply perfect :flowers: Thanks for sharing the photo!

A woman in all her glory...:flowers:

I agree, Chanel is a classic and will always be a symbol of « chic ». But it's up to us to be critical about stylists fashion proposals and not to accept them just because they're « fashionable ». :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very "80's" look,I prefer the way she looks now.

I guess this means that Caroline was not well informed about fashion in the late 90's,right?Or it was just a bad moment.

She looks beautiful as always,the gown is not one of her best choices,though.

Thank you for all the pictures. Beginning with the nineties, a lot of what Princess Caroline wore was hit or miss. Compared, say, to the fabulous red outfit with hat of the mid to late eighties, she did not always choose her colors to advantage (as in that horrible pinkish concoction of the above pictures) and seemed to stick to black to be safe. I find the skirt suits a bit too strict or visually uninteresting. I think, unless her style calls for casual, which she wears to perfection, Caroline needs a lot of glamour (unfussy, but present through hair, jewelry, make up, cut and color of her clothes) to live up to her reputation as a queen of style.

Thanks, queenofthelight. Princess Caroline in that yellow coat is one of my all time favorites. It's a cross between a dress and a coat, (dress-coat?) very springy-looking. The cut is perfect, formal, unfussy, the color speaks for itself, the shoes match to perfection and that soft shade of yellow couldn't be improved on. If I recall, it was taken during one of the flower shows ( 2000, 2001 ?) and it was the perfect outfit for the occasion. It's youthful, bright, slimming, carries authority and yet supremely feminine.

queenofthelight, thank you for drawing attention to those two dresses, although I am not sure what you mean by "Feel the difference". For me, both dresses are striking, and I even find that they have a similar theme in spite of being so different. One has stars, the other has those sorts of multi-colored balloons, both are meant to convey a festive mood. In the strapless one, Caroline is younger, she has the perfect body for that style. Her hairdo enhances the simplicity of her dress: no fuss, no muss, it's Caroline at her classical best. I tend to regret the lack of color, I feel that some very subtle hint of color would have improved the overall look.

The second dress blew me away when I fist saw it. The daring, the fun in her choice ! She seems to know the dress is a bit over the top, but rather than toning it down, she decides to enhance it with the sparkling purple earrings (one of her favorite jewelry items, which she always wears to great effect) and purple evening bag, two perfect accessories for the dress. I like the simplicity of the cut, which offsets the whimsicality of the dress. I like how it marks her waist beautifully. Caroline has been known to say that she didn't like all that business of evening gowns, but here, she seems to thoroughly enjoy the dress, and I am sure it put a big smile on the audience's faces and immediately got them in the festive mood. It's Caroline at her most unpredictable, risk-taking best, and has a way of saying "Lighten up everybody, we're here to have fun" without falling into the ridiculous, as in the dress that will remain unmentionable.

The first outfit is wonderful and makes her look so elegant,especially for a daytime event.The black gown in the 2nd photo seems beautiful,but she should avoid that bolero.It ruins the gown and makes her look funny.

I agree with you Zubiaur I don´t like the second dress but her earrings are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom