The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like this outfit when studying the details, but somehow from afar, the hot pink looks awkward. The shoes are FANTASTIC!!! I bet in person, (instead of photographs) the look was better. The only thing I did not like was the bronze studded circles, they didnt go with the silver thread in the coat, IMO.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
It is difficult to see how you can uphold both the fashions of CW and caro in the same sentence.
Now Caro upholds the the Grimaldi fashion front. right. Everything of Caro's here is mismatched .jmo There is no allure in that.
Darling, I wasnt talking about the above pics, jst about the situation at hand

Quote:
It is difficult to see how you can uphold both the fashions of CW and caro in the same sentence.
Now Caro upholds the the Grimaldi fashion front. right. Everything of Caro's here is mismatched .jmo There is no allure in that.
I never mentioned CW

Old 11-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Darling, I wasnt talking about the above pics, jst about the situation at hand
In post #341 of CW's Fashion you actually challenge me to post a pic of myself to see how I would fare against that of CW.So evidently you think that the situation at hand regarding CW's fashion is excellent. I am interested to know that just because you have not posted as such here how do you reconcile the two who appear to be opposites of each other fashion wise that is . Nothing more.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Talking Glistening Seas

DUDEPHILADELPHIA whuanderful pics indeed-y! The latest trends these days specifies that it is now the 'in' fashion to have shoes that differ from handbag. No kidding that was really stated in an article i read.

So-o-o all things being equal these pics are perfectly 'in style" you see???

the delicious handbag is apparantly co-ordinating the necklace while those dee-lightful shoes are co-ordinating the fab ring.

Personally, i love the outfit but i like the handbag and shoes more. Terrific combo i think. She seems too young to be wearing such a serious pattern in the coat. But the playful accessories help re-vive and re-juvinate the outfit and allows the handbad shoes and jewelry to take center stage making for a very fresh and alive outfit.

The entire combination makes one look at each item of her persona and outfit and enjoy each piece along with hairstyle! very unique!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Caroline's black outfit with just a splash of pink to brighten it a bit.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
In post #341 of CW's Fashion you actually challenge me to post a pic of myself to see how I would fare against that of CW.So evidently you think that the situation at hand regarding CW's fashion is excellent. I am interested to know that just because you have not posted as such here how do you reconcile the two who appear to be opposites of each other fashion wise that is . Nothing more.

Charlene is no Caroline anybody could see that. CW fashion choices has been questionable on many occaisions. I can only think of
one or two dresses that should looked good from the pics I seen. My post to you was the dress she had on at the PG awards that grey number. I thought she looked great in that. I apologise for that CHALLENGE it was very juvenile of me to post such a negative comment
Old 11-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Charlene is no Caroline anybody could see that. CW fashion choices has been questionable on many occaisions. I can only think of
one or two dresses that should looked good from the pics I seen. My post to you was the dress she had on at the PG awards that grey number. I thought she looked great in that. I apologise for that CHALLENGE it was very juvenile of me to post such a negative comment
Apology accepted and agreed on Caro.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Royal Highness

Anybody know who made Ps Caroline's dress for the ballet? I thought it might be Chanel, but I can't find it on www.style.com

GalerÃ*a de imágenes - Foto 1 - Carolina de Mónaco y Carlota Casiraghi, radiantes en el Ballet de Montecarlo
GalerÃ*a de imágenes - Foto 2 - Carolina de Mónaco y Carlota Casiraghi, radiantes en el Ballet de Montecarlo
Young Danish royals Christian and Isabella enchanted by Christmas performance
Young Danish royals Christian and Isabella enchanted by Christmas performance

It certainly looks better with the coat ON!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The dress looks like a nice beach dress ideal for S.France or a night out in Monaco during the summer.
The overall look looks much nicer with the coat on.

Not sure who designed it but I wont be suprised if it is Chanel. No everything seen in stores is featured on the catwalk.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Agree, coat on, much better on Princess Caroline...cannot imagine this outfit being anything but Chanel...
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Totally agree with you both about the coat on. The dress is nice but would have looked better on Charlotte because of her age.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Horrible Caroline is not doing well these days IMHO her whole look is really joyless ? her personal situation and this little "getup" is no different she looks old and wornout and honestly she shouldn't, I might with all that going on in my private life, but I would e running a home and that goes with that. Charlotte looks pretty love the nail polish.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dislike the dress...It is so odd,imo besides,why always Chanel? ...there are other designers.....
Old 12-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Look, who sits beside her. May this be a reason why they wear Chanel quite often? I'm not very fond of this dress either, I don't like the pattern and it indeed looks like a summer dress and not very appropriate for her age. The coat and shawl look quite nice to me.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks gorgeous all in white with the coat on! But I agree I don't like the dress either. What a strange choice. She does seem off the mark lately. She used to have such style.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't care for her dress either I'm afraid.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

Talking

oh i must happily disagree the coat looks better on than off.

While it's no doubt the coat is beautiful the outfit is really quite extraordinary. the fabric has a 'texture' to it which is really 'in' this season and the pattern is quite beautiful to say the least. Although with the snow it seems a little 'lightweight' but, haaa who could have guessed it would 'snow'?!

Chanel does seem to be a fav of Monaco and they really do some wonderfully creative work. however, we read that it was actually Chanel or Lagerfeld whom threw the party for Caroline so that would explain why Lagerfeld was there. Besides anytime is a good time for a party and since it's been a while since Caroline has been actually living in Monaco; it seems natural they would have thrown a party for her.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like the top part of the dress, and if it didn't have the waves of blue, it would be perfect.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

MONACO - DECEMBER 16: (L-R) Princess Caroline of Hanover and her daughter Princess Alexandra of Hanover arrive to attend Christmas Tree party at Monaco Palace

Horrible outfit! The ruffle style of the dress makes Caroline look like a clown, plus the dress is quite short and the ultra-peeptoe-platforms are more suitable for Charlottes age group, not for an almost 52 year old woman whose face now clearly shows the strains of life.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/945...539CAA63253A8C
Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke, unfortunately I cant get your link to open...

Tags
fashion, princess caroline, style