The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

You really can't get better that this classic Chanel, but I think PCaroline doesn't look too good. Better make-up,hair...something. She looks rather hard IMO.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Agree, to me she looks quite hard as well. The outfit is just perfect. But her hair and make up...
She looks very matured in the last months, so this hairstyle is quite unflattering for her and a bit frumpy too.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Caroline looks amazing! The whole outfit looks wonderful but maybe a better hairdo or a nice hat would've complimented the outfit better
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Caroline looked really nice, the coat fitted perfectly and the detailing on it was just perfect, the dress underneth looked lovely with it not showing too much.
The hair was nice but the make up didnt look so good, she looked pale and tired, no color.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

The outfit is wonderful, stunning actually (love, love, love the jacket)! But everything else is, well lack of a better work, yuck. Her hair and makeup were just not good at all. She looks much older in these latest pictures that I have seen her.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

It happens when women are around 55, suddenly the skin looses its elasticity and if she will not opt for plastic surgery (which I respect) it will be the new Caroline, a middle aged woman. Also when you are very skinny which Caroline is, (the picture adds 10 pounds) you tend to wrinkle faster than those of us with some fat
Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Courtesy of PPE, Abaca Press.

Princess Caroline's is classic, it's Chanel.

http://i48.tinypic.com/28ivltk.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ia4bvc.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2n1b1fr.jpg

Apart from the dark hosiery Caroline's Chanel ensemble is amazing!

I love the tiny seed pearl trim of the coat and the shoes...just not the black hose.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Talking Glistening Seas

How dee-lightful believe it or not, we were hoping someone would post close ups of Caroline's outfit. What a truly magnificient outfit on her. Talk about regal looking indeed-y.

She opted for a more natural look which is wonderful perhaps if she would add a hair decoration or hat etc. However all in all the hair was very elegante!

However, the simplicity of the hairstyle made the dress the attention grabber and it looked simply elegante and very regal indeed. It was a truly grand outfit! Did anyone catch a close up of the shoes? Also we would love to have close ups of the gown worn at the opera that evening as well!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

I see where Caro's hair may have needed help with her tresses but then again she was chic with her chignon standing on the balcony and at the opera amazingly co-ordinated as always. Caro is an icon of sophistication and one of the best dressed women in the world.Her clothes allude to a certain classic style she has beyond trendy fashion itself.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Caroline is usually dressed to perfection, not only that she has the right connections (Chanel etc) and the budget, but also the style / elegance / grace / charisma to pull off one of the most regal look among royal women.

However, Caroline has aged in the last months BIG TIME. All of a sudden her true age shows massively, as if she was spared for 5, 10 years and all of a sudden the tragedies show, maybe it has to do with the latest trouble, the rumoured difficulties in her marriage, now she looks as hard as her sister, Stephanie.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agreed Duke, Ive noticed a certain tiredness about the Princess lately. Poor thing. Does she still smoke? But I think, even as she ages, she will do it with her innate style and elegance.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I truly loved the outfit P Caroline wore- its looks fantastic on her!

When I perused the photos, I was struck how SAD Caroline looks to me. (dark circles under the eyes, tired expression, tightly clinched jaw.....)

It reminded me a little of the pictures of her at her mother's funeral, I wish her peace!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

As pictures taken during this year's summer holidays show, she still smokes.

In general, I find Princess Caroline's style vastly overrated. She certainly was something of a style icon in the 1980s and 90s, but during the past decade, I have rarely been impressed by her fashion choices, and especially during the past few years, there were more misses than hits.

While her Chanel ensemble at Monaco's National Day was beautiful, her heavy fur at the opera looked cumbersome instead of luxurious, and also somewhat inappropriate in the midst of an unusually warm autumn.
The sleeveless dress underneath with its pleated 'bib' effect is quite dull and unflattering, resembling something like a World War I nurse's uniform.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunatley, I think the smoking is really showing on Caroline now- how sad for such a beautiful lady, inside & out!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
As pictures taken during this year's summer holidays show, she still smokes.

In general, I find Princess Caroline's style vastly overrated. She certainly was something of a style icon in the 1980s and 90s, but during the past decade, I have rarely been impressed by her fashion choices, and especially during the past few years, there were more misses than hits.

While her Chanel ensemble at Monaco's National Day was beautiful, her heavy fur at the opera looked cumbersome instead of luxurious, and also somewhat inappropriate in the midst of an unusually warm autumn.
The sleeveless dress underneath with its pleated 'bib' effect is quite dull and unflattering, resembling something like a World War I nurse's uniform.
I found her too flashy in the eighties and nineties.True her fur which was probably Grace's coat was cumbersome but I thought her white Chanel gown was chic along with gloves& earrings.It needed a special coat of its own especially designed for the occasion.It maybe time to relinquish Chanel.I thought Caro's hair was purposely long and pulled back to reflect her matriachal status as "mater familias."
However she did not have a deep cleavage and was sensibly attired although she failed to hit the fashion ball out of the ballpark.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Gentry

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
However, Caroline has aged in the last months BIG TIME. All of a sudden her true age shows massively, as if she was spared for 5, 10 years and all of a sudden the tragedies show, maybe it has to do with the latest trouble, the rumoured difficulties in her marriage, .
couldnt agree more Duke and as i tried to say before, these last few months haven't helped her at all. caroline looks more like her mother these days but awfully tired and unhappy. stephanie is certainly from the grimaldi side in her looks.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Wireimage.

Princess Caroline of Hanover arrive at the National Day Gala at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco (19/11/2009).

Princess Caroline looks stunning, fashionable and very beautiful.

http://i46.tinypic.com/fwup8j.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2hs420p.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ym6ruu.jpg
Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Courtesy of Wireimage.

Princess Caroline of Hanover arrive at the National Day Gala at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco (19/11/2009).

Princess Caroline looks stunning, fashionable and very beautiful.

http://i46.tinypic.com/fwup8j.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2hs420p.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ym6ruu.jpg
I agree.She looks stunning with the authentic chinchilla fur and the long white gloves,Grace was so fond of,and she wears lovely earrings with The "Tour Eiffel",she has used many years ago and I love them.In my opinion,she would look better with dark lipstick,and clairer hair ....
Old 11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002 View Post
she does look better than the model, but does the white fuzzy thing come off at some point? I mean how do you eat without making it dirty?
I call that the PMichael's of Kent dress look like a dress she would wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002 View Post
she does look better than the model, but does the white fuzzy thing come off at some point? I mean how do you eat without making it dirty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post
December 27, 2005 - Ballet de Monaco

The whole outfit

Bag and Shoes

Jewellery

source Eastnews and Deadline Press
It seems to me that Caroline is the ONLY one in her family that carries that royal allure............... without her...................I cant even type it. Caroline definately keep the royal tempearture for the Grimalidis
Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

It is difficult to see how you can uphold both the fashions of CW and caro in the same sentence.
Now Caro upholds the the Grimaldi fashion front. right. Everything of Caro's here is mismatched .jmo There is no allure in that.

Tags
fashion, princess caroline, style