The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

I think they all look fab - Euge has good legs, and heck she's young enough for a short one. Bea has gone for a fussy take on the LBD, but still good, and Fergie - well I applaud her for knocking 50 and looking better than ever. She's in fine shape. They look like sisters rather than mother and daughters, which I think lots of women would be green with envy at!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

What is this?An ugliness competition?They look horrible,where is the police?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Oh come on... That's a bit harsh! Even if you don't like the outfits - they aren't exactly minging! Mind, I'm sure there are plenty of others we could think of for that particular competition ;-) That's not an invitation to nominate....
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Courtier

First of all thanks to Iceflower who posted these pics in the current events discussion of Sarah

Beatrice ... is she wearing a blue potato sack????
http://i43.tinypic.com/2jd5oh0.jpg
The Milano outfits was at least IMHO ravishing in relation to this one.

And here comes Eugenie http://i42.tinypic.com/289ya05.jpg nice dress, new hair-cut? It looks shorter. However, I would have chosen different shoes. Also it looks more like a summer dress ... must have been chilly, but the three ladies obviously don't mind.

All my personal views of course
Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Oh GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beatrice looks horrible, the color is too bright, the dress has no shape. It looks like she said "What if I just throw 10 yards of fabric, and tied it around my waist???"

Eugene... I agree with Avicenna that it looks like a summer dress, so it would have been lovely to see her wearing on the summer during the day and wearing a decent bra that pushes up things rather than down. Look at her boobs they look like she is 81 not 18. And why on earth did she put them on with those hideous biker shoes????.

I'm under the impression they try to look chic and totally in, like something right out of gossip girl. But they forget that their body shape is not the one of a model, that there are things called seasons (technically it is still winter) and that granny is the QUEEN and that they shouldn't dress so tacky

I never thought I would say this, but Fergie is the best dressed of the pack
Old 03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Eugenie's dress is nice and Beatrice's shoes are nice but that is it - and Fergie is awful again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-dresses.html

Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Really, the Disaster Triplets!
Maybe they should all shop at Top Shop instead of mangling these designer duds which hang on their bodies like ill-fitting - but expensive! - dish rags.
Beatrice needs to forgo the too short dresses with the short puffed sleeves. She is a student at a fashion college and she has not learned a thing!
I think that Eugenie follows her big sister. I think that once she has matured, Eugenie will turn out to be the most fashionable one of the bunch.
As for Mummy Sarah, she has her chest all plumped up and on display. She is a striking woman with no taste and needs a firm hand to guide her fashion-wise. She tries to look like the sexy siren and that is not her style at all. She doesn't have the penache to carry ir off.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Eugenie's dress is nice and Beatrice's shoes are nice but that is it - and Fergie is awful again
Beatrice and Eugenie have a Marilyn moment at The Young Victoria premiere as windy weather ruffles their dresses | Mail Online
Aside from the wind wreaking havoc with their dresses, I must say that this is a vast improvement from their previous outifts. Eugenie's dress is very pretty (although, it still seems to be a bit too short), and Beatrice looks very nice in that particular shade of blue. These two princesses still need to consider slightly longer hemlines, though.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

An absolutely tasteless choice!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

What?Why?Where? Sorry,I'm trying to ask:Who is a student at a fashion college? Oh,no,noooooooooo!!Is she going to influence the fashion trends in the future? I'm leaving this planet,that's it
Old 03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
What?Why?Where? Sorry,I'm trying to ask:Who is a student at a fashion college? Oh,no,noooooooooo!!Is she going to influence the fashion trends in the future? I'm leaving this planet,that's it
Beatrice is attending a chi-chi fashion college which - I believe - is Goldsmith's. I am sure that there are many talented students there. I cannot imagine what exact courses Beatrice is studying. I think that she has the intention to have her own fashion line someday which is a joke in itself. Beatrice has absolutely no taste in fashion.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

Pamk,the "joke" is terrifying by itself...Why did you continue it?Now I'm gonna have nightmares
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Oh alright then, I think I'll have to take back what I said in my last post on this subject having seen the latest images here!

Has a vote ever been cast in who is the best dressed royal family?!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Aside from the wind wreaking havoc with their dresses, I must say that this is a vast improvement from their previous outifts. Eugenie's dress is very pretty (although, it still seems to be a bit too short), and Beatrice looks very nice in that particular shade of blue. These two princesses still need to consider slightly longer hemlines, though.
I might have reversed the two dresses on the girls. Eugenie with her lovely dark hair would look lovely in royal blue. Beatrice in the lighter color. But you're right, the hemlines should have been longer (and possibly weighted). We were in danger of seeing the royal thongs. .

I saw a picture of them with Fergie at the Cavalli show. They were all in black. Beatrice had puffy little cap sleeves on her dress, which made her upper arms look enormous. I can't wear them myself, you have to have really thin arms for that to look alright.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Getty Images - "The Young Victoria" World Premiere - Outside Arrivals
Getty Images - UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Inside Arrivals

Old 03-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Beatrice is attending a chi-chi fashion college which - I believe - is Goldsmith's. I am sure that there are many talented students there. I cannot imagine what exact courses Beatrice is studying. I think that she has the intention to have her own fashion line someday which is a joke in itself. Beatrice has absolutely no taste in fashion.
Beatrice is attending Goldsmiths College, in South London. It is certainly not a "chi-chi" college, in fact it is based in one of the most depressing and poor parts of London. If I am not mistaken, she is studying History, and not fashion.

Home, Goldsmiths, University of London
Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Royal Highness

Imagine that young lady kicking someone with these shoes.Ouch! And it seems that she likes fishing a lot
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Did not realize it in the first pictures ... The material of Bea's dress is translucent or should I say non-opaque. Whatever, see it yourself in the pictures of the afterparty:
Sarah Ferguson Pictures - UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Afterparty - Zimbio
Old 03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Did not realize it in the first pictures ... The material of Bea's dress is translucent or should I say non-opaque. Whatever, see it yourself in the pictures of the afterparty:
Sarah Ferguson Pictures - UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Afterparty - Zimbio

Oh goodness it gets worse

Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Nobility

I think the translecent nature of Bea's dress is in poor taste.These girls want to wear short dresses to the exclusion of anything else.We all have to honestly assess our body types when choosing clothes and I feel there is a discinnect in this area when these girls dress themselves.They are of average build with a pear shaped body and need to dress with this in mind.What looks good on a girl with a waif like figure will not look good on them and vice versa.

Tags
fashion, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, style