Princess Astrid of Belgium's Fashion and Style: July 2007 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the dress would look like under the jacket.It looks nice.

Princess Astrid at a reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels on January 31, 2012 , wearing
a black outfit combined with a gold jacket. It's elegant, but I think it would have looked
better with a black skirt instead of the trousers.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I find this ensemble awkward. The drap d'or jacket with fur cuffs was not exactly flattering. It would be fair to say that Princess Astrid could have chosen something better from the Chanel pieces she has got in her wardrobe.

That jacket is awful.The gold and fur don't mix well!

I like the jacket. It gives a retro 60s feel. And I agree it would look better with a skirt.

Princess Astrid at a reception at the Royal Palace in Brussels on January 31, 2012 , wearing
a black outfit combined with a gold jacket. It's elegant, but I think it would have looked

Ok, I'm going out on a fashion limb here in saying I adore the mink cuffs! Call me sentimental, but there is something very Jackie-O inauguration outfit, or Doris Day in that touch of mink to me, I know, sad! But true-

I really really like it. The combination of modern - vintage. The gold and the black. Really great!! she's really beautiful and it fit her perfectly :flowers:

PS: on picture 1 she looks like she's pregnant. I know she's not, but it's funny :p

'Modern-vintage', my thoughts exactly. ;) Apart from the ugly shoes, the rest looks like a very interesting outfit indeed.

Except for the shoes I like this look on her.

Princess Astrid attended the annual mass to commemorate the deceased members of the family
in Laeken today, February 16, 2012, wearing a nice coat in turquoise. I think the pants don't
match that well and I totally dislike that pompom hat here:

This must be the first time that I see Pss Astrid looking not so elegant. I don't even find the coat nice, it looks rather like a sack to me...

Don't like tha hat, pants is nice but not in combination with the coat.

Oh là là, the hat... :whistling:
Whereas her daughter is quite stylish!

iceflower said:

Princess Astrid attended the annual mass to commemorate the deceased members of the family
in Laeken today, February 16, 2012, wearing a nice coat in turquoise. I think the pants don't
match that well and I totally dislike that pompom hat here:

Maybe it's the hat and jacket colors? But maybe if it was a different jacket like a beige or white with a nicer hat?but anyways her daughter looks nice in that outfit.

Last edited:
Awful hat and coat, both in style and color. That looks like a mushroom on her head!

Oh My.....where on earth did she come up with that oufit...Princess Astrid stick with the Chanel.

Ughh I have three words to describe this outfit on Princess Astrid:

1.) No!
2.) No!!
3.) No!!!

I agree with you, the 1st outfit is very professional and nice, the 3rd one even more elegant and stylish. The black gown (2nd outfit) looks outdated to me, I do like the red pashmina though.

Generally nice but as her hair is quite fair I think the choice within a colour range needs to be paid more attention to.. the brown longer jacket as an example the cut is nice but the colour is too bland and sickly IMO on her.
I like the red shawl black skirt evening on her , and the Chanel jacket and black pants are really lovely together.

Princess Astrid at the memorial of the 10 Days Campaign of 1831 in Houthalen-Helchteren on April 21, 2012,
wearing a brown and black coat.

I mostly like her faion choices, but in this case I find the coat terrible with that color contrast.
Experimental, but not nice.

The coat is rather ugly (especially the white collar part) but the most unfortunate element is the belt; it clashes not only with the other colours (blue and white), but also the different shade of brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom