Princess Astrid of Belgium's Fashion and Style: July 2007 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an odd look with the clashing colors. Don't like it at all.

Princess Astrid at the memorial of the 10 Days Campaign of 1831 in Houthalen-Helchteren on April 21, 2012,
wearing a brown and black coat.

I mostly like her faion choices, but in this case I find the coat terrible with that color contrast.
Experimental, but not nice.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I very much like this coat.
Very elegant.

The coat looks like she is wearing a brown wrap around apron over a blue suit. Fashion forward perhaps but still unattractive.

Joining the above opinions, I have to say that the experimental coat hasn't got an single redeeming quality.

Princess Astrid attended two World Malaria Day events at the United Nations in New York on April 23, 2012,
wearing two nice and elegant outfits - that's the usual Astrid style I like that much:

** Outfit 1 ** (thanks to stephanievl for the pic!) ** Outfit 2 full view ** Outfit 2 upper part **

I like the 1st outfit a lot, very elegant! The second one is too flashy for me. ;)

I'm not sure, but didn't she already wear outfit 1 ? The two are really beautiful!

Are her smile and kindness not more important than her Outfits.

A Royal Archduchess and Princess should not be dressed by CHANEL.

Princess Astrid in Brussels today, May 23 - ooks like a nice dress with a flower print, modern and fresh.
Maybe we'll get some closer pics as well:

** Full view **

Looks like the dress Sophie (Countess of Wessex) wore recently, only with white background instead of black.
The dress is probably nice, but the print is just too busy for me. It might have worked for an outdoor event, but not indoor one.

Princess Astrid has posed for birthday pictures (she'll be 50 tomorrow), wearing three different outfits,
you can't see much of the first ones (a nice white blouse and a recycled jacket), but you can see the
dress, which is quite nice:

** Outfit 1 ** Outfit 2 ** Outfit 3 dress **

Princess Astrid attended a concert for the Belgian National Day this evening, July 20, wearing a nice skirt and a nice jacket
- I like both on her, but am not 100% sure if they should be combined. I can't decide :)

Princess Astrid attended a concert for the Belgian National Day this evening, July 20, wearing a nice skirt and a nice jacket
- I like both on her, but am not 100% sure if they should be combined. I can't decide :)

I like them separate but not together.

The Chanel jacket nicely matched a simple white top. The glittery skirt is no for me.

I love the jacket but not the skirt.

Princess Astrid in a nice classic look with red shoes as a highlight during the celebrations for Queen Paola's foundation yesterday, September 2,

** Full view **

and today with jeans, a blouse and a special stripes coat on the way to her youngest daughter's school:

** Full view ** Close up **

Sigh of relief!! Astrid is one of my favourite princesses, but when it's time for galas she may do fashion disasters!! Not tonight, she's wonderful, dignified and attractive! Any idea about the designer? I think the dress is new, right?

Sigh of relief!! Astrid is one of my favourite princesses, but when it's time for galas she may do fashion disasters!! Not tonight, she's wonderful, dignified and attractive! Any idea about the designer? I think the dress is new, right?

The dress is from Elie Saab
:flowers:

Another Elie Saab for sure. ;) She looked great last night!
Today's coat-dress made her look huge or is it my idea? It's quite elegant though.

She looked ok at the gala. At the wedding, everything about her ensemble was nice, except the final result on her body.

Today's coat-dress made her look huge or is it my idea?

Yes, she don't look very thin in it, but may that be because of the dress she's wearing under the coat?
The peculiar think about cold-season weddings is that, if you want to look good in photos, you have to be more careful to the coat and to how you look in it than to the proper dress!

Last edited:
I like this dress very much. Maybe she was caught at a bad moment, but good posture and a smile would do wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom