Princess Anne's Fashion & Style Part 4: April 2017 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore Anne. Recycling a 20+ year old dress. I love it! It also fits her well and is appropriate for the event. The jewels are delicious. Of course, she could try the "Princess Mary trick" and re-work the dress, I would simply take the "puffs" off of the sleeve, and bingo, new more modern dress.

Anne looks great...that she can wear a dress from 20 years ago is something! She looks very royal...love the whole look.

LaRae

Princess Anne looks so majestic and elegant in her gown even if it is 20 years young. She is simply a very beautiful woman to this day and carries herself with such dignity and grace. Yes one lady is of the older generation and one of the modern generation and both look great. IMO to be able to wear this gown that is that old, says something about the woman who wears it and still looks beautiful.

I can die happy now. Seriously, she was on her game tonight. I'm close to her age and so I can understand her fashion challenges. I realize this is a fashion thread, but as evidence of how she rocked this look, I submit this picture in which The King clearly appreciates her complete and unique Princess Royal-ness; and she right back at him.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...elipe-vi-of-spain-as-they-picture-id813976030.

I loved the photo of King Felipe kissing her hand as she curtseys, it's a wonderful moment because the King looks kind of shy (DM calls it chuffed), he even has a slight blush on his face. But that photo gives a fantastic rear view of Anne's hair, which is gorgeous, and her smile later is indulgent.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/13/21/424F049F00000578-4694136-image-m-186_1499976675069.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/13/20/424EAC5500000578-4694136-image-a-142_1499973188435.jpg

Anne looks wonderful!
I think it's great they way she wears clothes that are years old; typical of her.

(AND the clothes are becoming!)

No wonder her name is Princess Royal for this is a *Royal Princess* raised by a queen who knows just how to be in these situations and events. I have always so admired this woman for she seems very intelligent and suffers no fools. IMO this is a *Real Royal Princess* like no other. Now what else has she saved over all these years that is hiding in her closet/closets, oh to dig through that closet would be such joy......

She really was full of verve! What deep curtsies, what a great figure, even her hair looked good with all her dainty diamonds. Do we know for sure the dress was twenty years old? I would guess more like thirty plus, the eighties, because of the dropped waist which I love. Just wish something had been done to the sleeves

She looked beautiful and regal :flowers:

My only point wasn't fond of were gloves. Makes it too Disney.

She's from the era of gloves ...and she pulls it off. As the Queen does too.

LaRae

:previous: I really like her jacket. It is very different and yet suits her.

I'm not a fan of Anne's skirt as the colour is a bit underwhelming but otherwise she looks good.

Gorgeous outfit in the state banquet

It's deliciously old fashioned : a 20 years old dress, opera gloves. It's appropriate, it's regal it's so... Anne.
What a contrast with the young Queen.
My dear it is simple. Queen Letizia could not wear a 20 years old recycled gown simply because 20 years ago she did not have these kind of dresses. Not because of her age but because of her previous social position.
This kind of relaxed behaviour of wearing an old dress (the huge majority of women would jump to buy a new one) could be done only by British royalty and aristocracy. Like gentlemen wearing a used "bonjour" suit and hat in Ascot...Just because it is not the first time to attend, you are attending since generations.....
I found Princess royal very elegant, especially the gloves.
Do we have pics of the dress 20 years ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
This kind of relaxed behaviour of wearing an old dress (the huge majority of women would jump to buy a new one) could be done only by British royalty and aristocracy. Like gentlemen wearing a used "bonjour" suit and hat in Ascot...Just because it is not the first time to attend, you are attending since generations.....
I found Princess royal very elegant, especially the gloves.

Actually Queen Sonja does the same and often weas Gala gowns which she first wore during the 1990's.

When seeing today's look, I'm somehow reminded of the young Princess Anne in her early twenties..

** Back view ** Close up **

Do we know for sure the dress was twenty years old? I would guess more like thirty plus, the eighties, because of the dropped waist which I love.

Anne’s dress was worn in 1985 for the Malawi state banquet:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c3/2d/77/c32d778f0257ae1643c916a01e2eae12.jpg
Video:

1985,well done Princess Larisa,I wonder has it been worn since that State Banquet and its recent outing at the Spanish State Visit?

Thank you, Princess Larissa!

That was most enjoyable, and some of the fashions were amusing. Mrs. Thatcher's suit-gown was particularly strange; and Princess Michael's sleeves were enormous. I had forgotten how elegantly tall Diana was... And HM's necklace was fabulous. I kept trying to recognize some of the non-royals, but was unsuccessful.

I can't take credit for the discovery, I saw it on twitter. Glad you guys enjoyed it:flowers:

Anne looks really nice in white and navy and I love the way she has followed the old dictates that all accessories match. It makes for a very elegant and chic look. Her necklace looks like pearls interspersed with lapis lazuli balls.

I just LOVE navy and white together, but my mom says that wearing a white top and navy bottoms looks too school uniform-like. Either solid navy on both top and bottom (makes you look taller) or a navy-and-white striped top and navy bottoms is the way to go. Although the Catholic elementary schools in my area (and two of the high schools) have a navy or white collared top and navy bottom uniform.

:previous:
What is very amazing is that Princess Anne looks even more beautiful today in that gown as she did all those years ago. She looked simply the very best dressed woman of the night IMO. She learned from the very best, her mother the Queen!

:previous: I think most royal ladies keep their wardrobes catalogued and stored in such a way as to prevent damage. Queen Silvia is an expert and the beautiful gala gown she wore to the Nobel's in 2001 was lent to her daughter Madeleine for her after wedding party was fantastic.

I'll bet there are appropriate storage rooms and computerised catalogues for every personal collection stating each item was worn, what hat and shoes, gloves, scarves or tiara and jewels were worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom