Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 3: April 2012 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that Anne's recycling formula is pretty interesting. I really don't see anyone wearing clothing they wore over thirty years ago, especially well known public figures. I guess Anne see no harm in it since her clothes is well taken care of and her figure hasn't changed. Then again, I'm still able to fit into some of my clothing that I wore in high school and that was nearly 20 years ago. So I guess it isn't all that bad!

It would be nice to see her wear her hair down every now and then. But she may think she's too old to pull it off.

Last edited:
While the outfits themselves look stylish still, and HRH fits them, the colouring and contours of her face have altered and I don't think those older clothes flatter her in the way they once did.

I don't think is so bud that the Princess Anne recycling to her clothes. Besides the fashion make cyrcles and always return again to the old days.

Exactly so enya! To me Anne's ability to re-use "ancient" pieces of clothing is an extraordinary skill! :D

It is also difficult to tell which decade it is because her hair style hasn't changed in 30 years.

In gloves at[FONT=&quot] Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2015 Reception.

I mean this with humor. In the summer, with all my outdoor work my hands work hard. I sometimes have problems getting the stains out from under my fingernails. I do scrub and scrub and resort to a bit of bleach in the dish water, but split nails or cuticles can be a persistent problem - over days.
That's what runs through my mind when I see The Princess Royal show up at an event in gloves. And yes, before anyone kvetches, I know she wears gloves often, but just as often takes them off and carries them.

Guests Attend the Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2015 Reception - Pictures - Zimbio
[/FONT]

Even the Queen takes them off while sipping her champagne...

Proper etiquette says that a lady or a gentleman should offer an ungloved hand. You see all continental royals often holding one glove in the gloved left hand, so that the right hand is free for giving correct handshakes. Exception on the rule forms the so-called "opera gloves", these can stay on.

Queen Elizabeth II is known for ignoring this standard etiquette. Maybe she has reasons for doing so, while all other Queens and the Empress of Japan offer a bare hand. What the Princess Royal did was really weird, holding a glass with a gloved hand. Very uncomfortable too.

I read a long time ago that because Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret did not have a lot of contact with other children when they were little, they did not build up an immunity to diseases. Nor did they suffer from measles etc. So when out among the public shaking many hands the Queen wears gloves. As an adult if you contract some of these things it hits you a lot worse than if you were a child. Anyway this was the reason given. I read it in a magazine from the 1970s, so true or not I couldn't say.

The gloves look ridiculous, unless she has poison ivy.

Queen Silvia of Sweden also wears gloves when shaking hands with a lot of people at receptions. I've also read that the Swedish royal ladies always carries desinfectants in their purses.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think for some royals, gloves are just part of their uniform and it also protect the hands.

I think gloves are perfectly justified as they often shake hands with an awful lot of people in the course of one engagement. If I was in their place, I would do the same.

Even the Queen takes them off while sipping her champagne...

Usually chilled water for HM.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Princess Royal was not shaking hands but rather sipping from a glass. Looks awkward to say the least.

I think Anne wearing gloves at that reception looks odd. I would imagine that anyone she is likely to meet there would observe ordinary hygiene protocols so I suspect there is a reason she's wearing gloves that's to do with her hands, not the company. It might be that she has a rash on her hands, or an infected nail or cuts with bandaids on them, and she wanted to cover them.

Princess Anne as Colonel-in-Chief of the King's Royal Hussars attended the 300th anniversary parade and open day at Tattoo Polo Club, Tedworth Park, Tidworth, Wiltshire today, July 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Anne as Patron of the Injured Jockeys Fund attended a Leger Legends Luncheon and Charity Raceday at Doncaster Racecourse yesterday, September 9:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Princess Anne as Patron of the Scottish Rugby Union at the Scotland versus Japan Rugby World Cup Pool Match yesterday, September 23:

** Pic **

Princess Anne as President of the Edith Cavell Centenary Appeal, together with husband Tim and Princess Astrid of Belgium attended the celebrations marking the centenary of the death of Edith Cavell in Uccle, Brussels today, October 12.

"The British nurse Edith Cavell was killed hundred years ago by German during WWI. Edith Cavell is celebrated for saving the lives of soldiers from both sides without discrimination and in helping some 200 Allied soldiers escaped from German-occupied Belgium during the First World War, for which she was arrested. She was subsequently court-martialled, found guilty of treason and sentenced to death. Despite international pressure for mercy, she was shot by a German firing squad. Her execution received worldwide condemnation and extensive press coverage"

** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery ** belga gallery 2 **

Princess Anne as President of the Animal Health Trust attended a Charity Raceday at the Racecourse in Bangor-on-Dee, Wrexham, Clwyd today, November 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom