Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 2: September 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry, but I don't feel that I am protesting any more than several other posters, Kitty. I am just giving my opinion, for what it's worth. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Princess Royal's wardrobes much less any ability to be her stylist. I cannot, in all honesty, tell her what I would like her to wear. I just feel that she could dress in much newer, smarter, and more flattering outfits as she does have the figure and the means to do so... Can we agree to disagree? :)
YOU, my dear, have a terrific sense of style.
Kitty, I have spoken Udy quite a bit and she's spot on on a lot of things. She, like myself like things to flatter a woman's figure yet not be too revealing. She would like to see HRH TPR wear more make up and tame the mane (we both wonder if a good conditioner would help the hair). We agree that Anne has a good, sporting figure and should dress to flatter it the best way possible.
So yes, things a bit trendier and more flattering to face and figure.
However we both also know that TPR couldn't give a rat's fart about fashion so there it is. *sigh*

I am sorry, but the word stunning applied to Anne just does not come to mind... I know the photo that you are referring to, but stunning? Perhaps young and fresh would be more fitting..
I think she was quite stunning in her younger years.

Adore her for the latest outfits including Easter Mass. :D There's more to come hopefully, I just can't stop dreaming of the wedding ensemble...:clap: :clap:

I can't wait for the wedding ensemble either! :bounce:
How big is the chance that she will wear the same ensemble that she has worn to Charles & Diana's? Should we place a bet on it? :D

Well, she wore that to a wedding a few years ago. So she won't wear it again so soon, I would think! Maybe she will recycle the outfit she wore to Andrew and Fergie's wedding!:lol: For Zara's wedding maybe she will recycle the outfit she wore for the wedding of Edward and Sophie!:lol: I liked that outfit though!
But I hope not! I mean I admire Anne for being thrifty, but come on, you are a Princess, get some new elegant, stylish clothes!
And put the Easter outfit as far back in the closet as it will go. Let it collect lots of dust....;)

Last edited:
Don't like the Easter outfit. The jacket is weird looking.

the problem is, we all know that Princess Anne could be stunning if she wanted. She has the figure, and with a contemporary haircut and clothes, she could stand out even amongst Sophie, Beatrice and Eugenie (who all looked great at the Easter day service).

Well, she wore that to a wedding a few years ago. So she won't wear it again so soon, I would think! Maybe she will recycle the outfit she wore to Andrew and Fergie's wedding!:lol: For Zara's wedding maybe she will recycle the outfit she wore for the wedding of Edward and Sophie!:lol: I liked that outfit though!
But I hope not! I mean I admire Anne for being thrifty, but come on, you are a Princess, get some new elegant, stylish clothes!
And put the Easter outfit as far back in the closet as it will go. Let it collect lots of dust....;)

Oh, you're right, roseroyal! She had worn that to one of Gloucester weddings, right? So it might be out of the race indeed. The outfit she wore to Andrew and Fergie's would be my bet then. :cool: Outfit guessing, that's something... :p

My goodness. Doesn't Princess Anne ever buy anything new to wear to these very important occasions? It isn't as if she couldn't afford to. Wouldn't it be lovely to see her in a pretty new dress with a flattering hat, just once?! :)

I am sorry, but I don't feel that I am protesting any more than several other posters, Kitty. I am just giving my opinion, for what it's worth. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Princess Royal's wardrobes much less any ability to be her stylist. I cannot, in all honesty, tell her what I would like her to wear. I just feel that she could dress in much newer, smarter, and more flattering outfits as she does have the figure and the means to do so... Can we agree to disagree? :)

Of course we can. I thought you might have some scans or links to give us an inkling of how you think she should dress. It wasn't an attack.

Last edited:
I really have no idea what outfits Anne would look good in, Kitty. I have no access to her closets, as I said before, and I really cannot remember seeing her in anything that looked great on her, other than on her wedding day. :) She would have to consult an expert in the field of fashion to give her advice. I am sorry that I cannot give you a better answer... I did not take it as an attack, just another opinion.

There is nothing wrong with recyling outfits, if they looked good the first time, or even try to make them better. Many royals, as people do. It is that they were ugly the first time and never gets better. And, she does have a very nice figure, but her hair is ghastly, and she need makeup. She needs help.

Thank you, Countess, for saying what I was trying to say! You nailed it... :)

Has anyone seem any pictures of what she wore to her granddaughter's christening?

Oh I do hope Anne wears a new outfit for the wedding. Afterall a wedding is a great excuse to buy a new dress . ;)

The outfit is ok but the hat is horrible. She should have worn a different hairstyle with the hat.

It's good to see Princess Anne in something new. I love the colors.

Last edited:
Oh I do hope Anne wears a new outfit for the wedding. Afterall a wedding is a great excuse to buy a new dress . ;)
I was not pleased. The colors made her look washed out. I wish she would have worn red. She would have been stunning.

Sorry, I think she looked like a clown. The hat is just awful and piled on top of her hiar mound. It is a pity, since she got something new, that it just didn't suit her.

That was my first thought, as well, CrownPrincess5!! Who would design an outfit for the PR that made her look like a clown.. and couldn't Anne see that she looked ridiculous? It just boggles my mind.

Has anyone seen a full length picture of what she wore to the evening reception? It look like from what little you could see of it inside the car that it didn't look too bad.

I loved her whole wedding outfit!

Picture of Anne at pre wedding dinner please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not like Anne's outfit on the wedding, but she was majestic in the evening look on the pre-wedding dinner at the Mandarin.

One of the fashion critics on TV called her Princess "An"tifashion. LOL

After viewing the purple wedding oufit it looks like Anne still had Easter on her mind.

:previous:That's what I was thinking!

She looked...I hate to say it....hideous at the wedding. She'd be a good character in a horror movie :eek:

While I don't think she belongs in a horror movie CP5 the outfit def. would have been gr8 for the Easter mass last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom