Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 2: September 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today, November 25, the Princess Royal has attended an investiture ceremony
at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Princess Anne and her husband Tim Laurence are on an official three-day visit
in Seychelles from November 29 to December 1st, 2010. Parts of the programme
have been a visit to the Commonwealth War Graves and the opening of the
University of Seychelles, today a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site,
Environmental Research Centre, Aldabra Atoll is planned.
Here are some articles:

** Seychelles gets its 1st university **

** Princess Anne meets staff from EU Naval Force and Seychelles Coastguard **

On November 11, Princess Anne has opened the Lord Ashcroft Gallery and
the Extraordinary Heroes Exhibition at the Imperial War Museum, London.

During the event she met a former north-east royal protection officer who
saved her from being kidnapped, he was shot three times as he put himself
between Anne and a gunman during the failed kidnap bid in 1974.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** express.co.uk: PRINCESS ANNE REUNITED WITH HER KIDNAP HERO **

(Courtesy Iceflower)

Nice lilac colors. Do my eyes deceive me or does her hair actually look shiny in the front?

Well, maybe just a little. But I am trying to figure out what's going on with the skirt of her dress!

Well, maybe just a little. But I am trying to figure out what's going on with the skirt of her dress!

What picture are you talking about? I haven't seen anything unusual about her dress.

What picture are you talking about? I haven't seen anything unusual about her dress.
See the picture in post 111.
Look at the bottom of her dress. There is some sort of design, I believe on it. Udyusa, I think it's rather clever. What do you think?

I like these lilac shades on The Princess Royal, but the cut of the coat makes it look rather old-fashioned. I agree, her hair looks healthier.;)

It looks like little pleats to me, Russo. I am not fond of the look, either.

Your guess is as good as mine, Noor! :)

The only trouble is, the buttons don't go all the way down. The fabric looks awfully light weight to be a coat. I am inclined to think it is a dress... a coat dress, perhaps? lol

On November 11, Princess Anne has opened the Lord Ashcroft Gallery and
the Extraordinary Heroes Exhibition at the Imperial War Museum, London.

During the event she met a former north-east royal protection officer who
saved her from being kidnapped, he was shot three times as he put himself
between Anne and a gunman during the failed kidnap bid in 1974.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** express.co.uk: PRINCESS ANNE REUNITED WITH HER KIDNAP HERO **
(Courtesy Iceflower)
Pretty colours on Anne. I like the Victorian style of the coat.

Nice lilac colors. Do my eyes deceive me or does her hair actually look shiny in the front?
Perhaps she has made a trip to the salon to get a deep conditioning treatment.

The Princess Royal would Not be going to a salon. She has her own salon, so to speak, and her hair stylists come to her to do her hair. It would be nice if they would read this... :)

In the first picture the outfit looks just horrid and outdated, in the second it looks more okay. Orange is not so bad on her, but I don't like the white gloves together with the outfit.

^^ I don't know what other colour of gloves she could've worn with this particular outfit though. White was really the best colour in this case.

IMO, the whole outfit is just not up to par, much less royal standards. The jacket isn't too bad, but the skirt looks like something you would put on a table. Very cheesy fabric and just not chic, or even... attractive. Surely, she could have come up with something smarter than this, white gloves or not. :(

I agree with Udyusa. This outfit isn't just outdated, it's BAD! :cool:

IMO, the whole outfit is just not up to par, much less royal standards. The jacket isn't too bad, but the skirt looks like something you would put on a table. Very cheesy fabric and just not chic, or even... attractive. Surely, she could have come up with something smarter than this, white gloves or not. :(
She looks like a orange sherbet desert! :eek:

Can you imagine what she will wear to Williams wedding?

I mean, she wore teh outfit she wore at Charles and Diana's wedding to Lady Rose wedding....goodness only knows what we will see on April 29th.

Though I do admire Anne's work ethic, her clothes leave a lot to be desired.

I mean, she wore teh outfit she wore at Charles and Diana's wedding to Lady Rose wedding....goodness only knows what we will see on April 29th.

Copy that. I'd love to see another Va-VOOM red outfit like she wore before.

I really appreciate Princess Anne but I must admit I don't like her clothes. :nonono:

In a short reference to the orange jacket and 'table cloth' skirt; I have to say it looked quite pretty on her when I saw her from very close angle at the first day of Royal Ascot 2009 when she wore this very outfit as well. Remember the interview for her 60th birthday when she wore this table cloth skirt with matching top as well. And I don't think it is that extremely bad!

About William's wedding; perhaps she will wear her outfit worn at Andrew and Sarah's wedding in 1986 which was bright yellow I think; she repeated that hat by the way for a shipnaming ceremony in 2002, so we are in full anticipation what she will wear on the day. I really hope that the blue 'Great occasion' outfit will not be repeated, I mean the one she wore for Queen Mother's 100th birthday and Charles and Camilla's wedding.

I don't get all the very negative comments either QE? It's not an outstanding outfit but I don't think it's awful.

The outfit is not so much awful is that it doesn't do Anne justice.

From what I can see, Anne has a (how shall I say this) a fabulous figure. She appears to have beautiful skin and that Hair! If that hair had a decent trim and could be let out it would be FANTASTIC.

When you look at pictures of Anne when she was young and her hair was out she looked simply AMAZING IMO.

Now, I am all for keeping a wardrobe (and Anne buys for comfort and not for fashion) but some things don't need to be reused. Or rather they need to be tailored as the fashions change. Or since you are so heavily documented in your public life...don't reuse certain things. For example, if a dress has been worn to something as well known as your brother's first wedding...don't wear it to your cousin's wedding. Wear something else. That's all I am saying.

Now, I am all for keeping a wardrobe (and Anne buys for comfort and not for fashion) but some things don't need to be reused. Or rather they need to be tailored as the fashions change. Or since you are so heavily documented in your public life...don't reuse certain things. For example, if a dress has been worn to something as well known as your brother's first wedding...don't wear it to your cousin's wedding. Wear something else. That's all I am saying.
I can agree that she does tend to over-recycle. Especially if it's an important event like a wedding where the photos will be shown over and over again she should wear something different.

^^ I don't know what other colour of gloves she could've worn with this particular outfit though. White was really the best colour in this case.

Sure, you're right, Opal! :) I didn't mean the color per se, I just don't like that kind of gloves in general. From a distance they look more like those gloves a surgeon could wear than a classy pair of gloves for a princess, JMO.

The bigger the event, the older the outfit perhaps? :D I've always loved Anne, but her fashion sense, no no... :nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom