Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 2: September 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

On November 18, Princess Anne as President of the UK Fashion and Textile Association visited
Barker Shoes Limited in Earls Barton, Northampton, on the occasion of its 130th anniversary.

** Earls Barton shoe firm celebrates 130 years with visit by Princess Anne **

And on November 23, Princess Anne as President of the Royal Yachting Association attended a
Volunteer Awards Luncheon and the Annual General Meeting at 1 Great George Street, London.

** Pic ** HRH The Princess Royal presents awards to boating's unsung heroes **

Princess Anne as Patron of the Intensive Care Society held a speech at the Intensive Care
Society "State of the Art" conference at the ExCel Centre in London on December 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Anne as President of the Royal Yachting Association attended the Boat Show lunch
and the Yachtmaster of the Year award at Excel, London today, January 11.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Anne as Royal Honorary Colonel of University of London Officers' Training Corps and Honorary
Air commodore, University of London Air Squadron attended a reception for graduate employers at
the University of London, February 7, 2012.

** Pic **

Princess Anne has made a visit to RAF Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire, yesterday, February 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Anne as Patron of the Restorative Justice Council visited the Kensington and Chelsea Youth
Offending Service in London on February 16, 2012.
The Youth Offending Service aims to reduce offending by children and teenagers between 10–17 and
tries to work with all young people to prevent offending.

** kensington.londoninformer.co.uk: Princess Royal visits young offenders scheme **

** thekensingtonmagazine.com: HRH The Princess Royal meets Young Offenders in North Kensington **

Princess Anne attended day three of the 18th FINA Visa Diving World Cup - LOCOG Test Event
for London 2012 at the Aquatics Centre in London on February 22, 2012.

You are welcome! :flowers:

Today, February 26, Princess Anne attended the Six Nations International rugby union match
between Scotland and France at the Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh. The royal support
didn't help, France won 23-17.

** Pic **

Princess Anne wore a green and grey coat for the fourth day of Cheltenham races. She paired it with black leather boots, black bag, gloves and a lovely horse-shaped brooch. Princess Anne had worn the patterned coat before, for the Christmas day church service at Sandringham.

For the second day of the races, Princess Anne wore a burnt orange overcoat with fur hat and brown leather boots.
She had previously worn the same coat orange overcoat at last year's Grand National.

Now, I think the patterned coat is nice but the hat is just vile. :ohmy:
As for the orange overcoat, it's not horrible but I much rather prefer it sans the hat and with a lovely black Chanel bag (as worn for the Grand National).

Anne's hat would have looked better if it were a darker color, maybe black. It's too light against the dark pattern of the coat, but I like the fedora shape. But it's certainly an improvement over the scarf she wore at the Christmas services. The pattern was so bad it looked like she was sporting a blue Elvis pompadour on her head, or someone slightly taller with blue hair was walking beside her.

The burnt-orange coat would have looked nicer with a patterned scarf and a different hat. She looked better last time without one.

Last edited:
The orange coat looks much better than the grey-green one, which looks totally outdated, IMO.

Agree with posters who feel the latest two coat outfits look dated. I dont like either one a bit, sorry! : (

I'm with you, Patra. I don't think either one one of these coats are fashionable or flattering on Anne.

Everyone is going to think I am nuts but I like Anne even with the odd clothes and old fashioned hair style. She reminds me of a rather eccentric great aunt. Some how even though her clothes and hair aren't close to being fashionable in a strange way they suit her.

For days at the races at this time of year I don't think high fashion is a primary concern and it certainly not ever a prime concern of the Princess Royal since she can reach into her closet and still wear outfits from 30 years ago. Cheltenham is not Ascot.

I don't mind the coat, but the hat was awful. It looked old and mis-shaped and did nothing for the shape of her face. Fedora + narrow jaw = disaster.;)

Princess Anne wore a green and grey coat for the fourth day of Cheltenham races. She paired it with black leather boots, black bag, gloves and a lovely

I understand what you mean. Anne strikes me as someone strong-willed and uncompromising, and her clothing expresses that.

Everyone is going to think I am nuts but I like Anne even with the odd clothes and old fashioned hair style. She reminds me of a rather eccentric great aunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Anne wore a green and grey coat for the fourth day of Cheltenham races. She paired it with black leather boots, black bag, gloves and a lovely horse-shaped brooch.

I am likely the sole person who feels this way but I love the coat - and absolutely love the hat! Its great - especially the color. So there you go - to each his own! :p ;) I love it!

Princess Anne wore a green and grey coat for the fourth day of Cheltenham races. She paired it with black leather boots, black bag, gloves and a lovely horse-shaped brooch. Princess Anne had worn the patterned coat before, for the Christmas day church service at Sandringham.

For the second day of the races, Princess Anne wore a burnt orange overcoat with fur hat and brown leather boots.
She had previously worn the same coat orange overcoat at last year's Grand National.

As for the orange overcoat, it's not horrible but I much rather prefer it sans the hat and with a lovely black Chanel bag (as worn for the Grand National).

Don;t like the color of the orange coat. The patterned coat is not bad. Imagine if she had worn an elegant hat with it what a difference the whole look would be.

Yes, the patterned coat is actually quite nice. Dunno, I actually don't find the hat THAT bad, but together with the coat and the boots... It's a bit like Princess "Inspector Gadget" Anne. :p I guess we all know that Anne simply doesn't care and I admire it to some degree. She's no clothes horse, she has more important things going in her mind obviously. On the other hand it is a bit of shame as she used to be such a beautiful young woman and as she still is in great shape she could look sooo much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom