Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 2: September 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope she dresses better for her only daughter's wedding!! Someone should be stationed at the bottom of the stairs with the ability to march her right back up if the ensemble is way too whacky/outdated/ill fitting. One presumes she has a sense of occasion given her upbringing and the example of her own Mother (with very few gaffes over the years). I think we are ALL a little too casual sometimes for the events of life, weddings & funerals in particular!! Please, Your Royal Highness, be the mother of the bride in an appropriate dress!!!

Now THAT I would probably want to see a bit more than anything else related to Zara's wedding (accept the bride's dress). I'm crossing my fingers that Princess Royal will pick and wear something that will do her justice.

Princess Anne at the Modern Pentathlon European Championships today, July 28, 2011.
Instead of the gloves it's the shoes today ;) It's a nice fresh outfit, but the dark and
flat shoes are only comfortable not nice.

** Full view ** Upper part **

:) At least, they have the same colour as the handbag, and thus it is not bad.

Princess Anne at the Modern Pentathlon European Championships today, July 28, 2011.
Instead of the gloves it's the shoes today ;) It's a nice fresh outfit, but the dark and
flat shoes are only comfortable not nice.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the casual look this outfit offers. She looks very comfortable.

I agree Ice. She looks great in slacks.Thanks!

Great blue color on Princess Anne and I am in agreement about her looking great in slacks. She's has a great body (and not just for her age either). She's been looking hipper and younger as of late. Could I dare hope for a new hairstyle too??? Okay, maybe not, I'll have to be satisfied with the clothes!

I want to comment on the princess pantsuit; the colors suit her well; what I think takes away from the look are the "shoes" just plain ugly and the hairdo. I would love to see her doing something with her hair!

On July 25, the Princess Royal opened the 57th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference in
Westminster Hall, the Houses of Parliament, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** Princess Anne opens the 57th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference in London **

And on July 26, she made a visit to Amerton Farm and Craft Centre in Stowe-by-Chartley,
near Stafford, Staffordshire and received a gift of a miniature wedding cake to celebrate
the forthcoming wedding of her daughter.

** Pic **

** Princess Anne visits Staffordshire **

Today, July 29, Princess Anne has visited the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.

** Royal wedding: Princess Anne takes a breather from prep to visit University of Edinburgh **

Same dress within two days, a very quick recycling :):

Princess Anne at a ceremony to mark the one-year countdown to the Olympics in London
on July 27 and at the pre wedding party of her daughter on July 29 wearing the same dark
blue/white combination.

** July 27th ** July 29th **

Back to her usual glum self, I see. Couldn't she have worn something a bit more colorful for her daughter's party? I like the dress and it fits well, just not festive enough...

I think The Princess Royal looked just fine...I'd like someone to post what would be "appropriate" clothing for her.

Last edited:
Back to her usual glum self, I see. Couldn't she have worn something a bit more colorful for her daughter's party? I like the dress and it fits well, just not festive enough...
Maybe if she smiled?

Anne is a no-nonsense type of person, and she won't be able to change now into something that is "not hers".

That is always Anne's best accessory!! :)

Maybe if she smiled?

Thank you!! Maybe if she smiled people wouldn't be so zeroed in on what she wears. I'm wondering if this woman is ever happy ... or looks it. It's nice that she is a hard worker and "down to earth" but frankly I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her (not that I would have a chance). She was really an attractive young woman but being "no nonsense" does not require that one looks like a major grouch most of the time, IMHO. :)

I so agree! That is why I said that a smile is her best accessory... I wouldn't want to be near her on her on one of "bad" days...

I so agree! That is why I said that a smile is her best accessory... I wouldn't want to be near her on her on one of "bad" days...
She would be LETHAL. Although I must say I would enjoy it but your Russo is a bit of a massochist after all. . .
I know what you mean, Udy, she has a fabulous figure, she has such regal bearing and poise and yet she doesn't do more. And she would look so much more. Alas! Just not our Anne's personality.

She is usually smiling when doing her engagements. She actually seems warm and engaging with people.

Anne, smiles, occassionally, that is not her problem. Her clothes are either drab or comical. Her hair is...I can't describe what that piled up mess is and she needs makeup, more than ever. She, unfortunately, looks live a Hanover, not her fault, her genes. And she does have a great figure. More's the pity.

Princess Anne's face in repose is glum looking. I don't think she is glum all the time, she just isn't naturally smiley. The Queen isn't either.

Princess Anne's face in repose is glum looking. I don't think she is glum all the time, she just isn't naturally smiley. The Queen isn't either.

I would have to agree with you. Some people's neutral facial expressions are serious, and therefore, those people are labeled as 'glum', 'angry', or 'unapproachable'. I think our society has become a little too obsessed with constant happy looks. Not everyone has that type of disposition (I know for a fact that I don't, and I've been told on numerous occasions that I should smile more often because my neutral facial expression is rather sour [in my opinion it's just serious]).

Love Anne's outfit at the wedding today, would love it even more if the gloves weren't there.

Annes outfit is terrible as usual. Somethings wrong when your 80 something mother dresses better than you.

I would think that the Catherine Walker label would suit Anne very well. Tailored, not too fussy, and no floral prints- at least I don't think so.

I 'get' that she's uninterested in fashion, and she possibly thinks she looks fine, but IMHO, she usually doesn't. I find it admirable that she does so many engagements, and with such enthusiasm, but would it kill her to get her hair cut, styled, and colored (does a 60 year old woman not have even 1 gray hair?)? With her figure, a little touch of the glam would thrill those who meet her and those who photograph her.

While there's something to be said for those who suit themselves and not others, I would just love to see her really looking sharp.

Princess Anne as mundane as usual. His mother, the bride would have a much more elegant. For example, such as Ms. Middleton'ın wedding outfit.

I love Anne´s outfit. too. She must not wear the same as Ms. Middleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom