The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Anne's hats cheeky, and cute? At the very least, it covers up some of her hair-do. :)
Indeed they do!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks, okay. Sort of a fashion nightmare with something you can't like or dislike. I don't think she cares one way or the other.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I could not have said it better, Countess... although I have tried! :)
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Nobility

For the love of God I wish she would do something with her hair. There is a picture of her and her father taken in the early 70s at a BBQ, she looked stunning.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry, but the word stunning applied to Anne just does not come to mind... I know the photo that you are referring to, but stunning? Perhaps young and fresh would be more fitting..
Old 04-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

I think it shows she's still having fun with her role and the dress she has to wear.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Jockey Sam Waley-Cohen riding Long Run celebrated with Princess Anne after winning the Gold Cup race at the Cheltenham Festival horseracing meet in Gloucestershire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4
All I can say is Oh my... thumbs down!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Nobility

Anne at Windsor for Easter, what can you say, actually what is it?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Easter at Windsor: HRH The Princess Royal

It's actually British Airways 1987 all the way ...

Love you Anne...
Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Right on, Nico! However, I think the British Airways uniforms fit much better in those days. Dear Anne... always in the royal "how Not to dress" category. :(
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just get so irritated because she could wear so many beautiful clothes since she has a wonderful figure, but she chooses to wear these gosh aweful outfits! Just mad, just plain mad about that.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

My Gosh, you are right! She looks like a cross between a airline stawardess, a British policewoman of the old days, and a London beefeater!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Adore her for the latest outfits including Easter Mass. There's more to come hopefully, I just can't stop dreaming of the wedding ensemble...
Old 04-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Right on, Nico! However, I think the British Airways uniforms fit much better in those days. Dear Anne... always in the royal "how Not to dress" category. :(
OK, since you are protesting so much. What would you like her to wear?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry, but I don't feel that I am protesting any more than several other posters, Kitty. I am just giving my opinion, for what it's worth. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Princess Royal's wardrobes much less any ability to be her stylist. I cannot, in all honesty, tell her what I would like her to wear. I just feel that she could dress in much newer, smarter, and more flattering outfits as she does have the figure and the means to do so... Can we agree to disagree? :)
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know about wonderful figure, she looks painfully thin in that latest photo.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am sorry, but I don't feel that I am protesting any more than several other posters, Kitty. I am just giving my opinion, for what it's worth. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Princess Royal's wardrobes much less any ability to be her stylist. I cannot, in all honesty, tell her what I would like her to wear. I just feel that she could dress in much newer, smarter, and more flattering outfits as she does have the figure and the means to do so... Can we agree to disagree? :)
YOU, my dear, have a terrific sense of style.
Kitty, I have spoken Udy quite a bit and she's spot on on a lot of things. She, like myself like things to flatter a woman's figure yet not be too revealing. She would like to see HRH TPR wear more make up and tame the mane (we both wonder if a good conditioner would help the hair). We agree that Anne has a good, sporting figure and should dress to flatter it the best way possible.
So yes, things a bit trendier and more flattering to face and figure.
However we both also know that TPR couldn't give a rat's fart about fashion so there it is. *sigh*
Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am sorry, but the word stunning applied to Anne just does not come to mind... I know the photo that you are referring to, but stunning? Perhaps young and fresh would be more fitting..
I think she was quite stunning in her younger years.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Adore her for the latest outfits including Easter Mass. There's more to come hopefully, I just can't stop dreaming of the wedding ensemble...
I can't wait for the wedding ensemble either!
How big is the chance that she will wear the same ensemble that she has worn to Charles & Diana's? Should we place a bet on it?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, she wore that to a wedding a few years ago. So she won't wear it again so soon, I would think! Maybe she will recycle the outfit she wore to Andrew and Fergie's wedding! For Zara's wedding maybe she will recycle the outfit she wore for the wedding of Edward and Sophie! I liked that outfit though!
But I hope not! I mean I admire Anne for being thrifty, but come on, you are a Princess, get some new elegant, stylish clothes!
And put the Easter outfit as far back in the closet as it will go. Let it collect lots of dust....

Tags
fashion, princess anne, princess royal, style