Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 2: September 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at a lot of her outfits, I will say she is fairly consistent in choosing garments many would think odd. Maybe she is anti-fashion, but if she, she is consistently choosing the same types of shoes, hemlines, cuts, and offbeat color combinations. The wedding outfit was calm and well coordinated compared to some of what others wore - or what she sometimes wears.

It did remind me just a bit of the female floral version of camo.

blujean said:
While I don't think she belongs in a horror movie CP5 the outfit def. would have been gr8 for the Easter mass last weekend.

I don't mean she's ugly or like that. She's just so severe! She lacking gusto and she acts like a zombie at times.

The hat is just awful and piled on top of her hiar mound. It is a pity, since she got something new, that it just didn't suit her.

I've would've sworn it was recycled or refitted. It just looks so.......1980s! Purple and green are good colors for her, and a good color combination in general. Her hairsytle though made her look frumpy, and she's too old for that style of hat. Someone I know thought Beatrice & Eugenie looked like Cinderella's Ugly Stepsisters and Anne was the Wicked Stepmother. They truely made Catherine look like a Princess.

Her wedding outfit may have been a better choice for Easter only due to the colours, but I don't think it's a bad outfit for a wedding.
The floral coat is pretty and coordinates nicely with the purple dress underneath. The nude toned shoes were a good choice for the brightly coloured outfit.

The outfit that she wore to the wedding on Friday was styled like one that Lucille Ball wore back in the 50's.
And, I really would like to know why she wears her hair in that style. It seems like she is making a statement, rather thumbing her nose at us.
In her younger pictures, her hair looks shiny and soft. Can hair really change that much?

The dress and coat are okay. The biggest problem iis the hat. I don' know why they plopped that silly looking hat on top of her big hair. It looks ridiculous!

Well I do agree she would have looked better with a simple wide brimmed hat that would have hid some of her hair which everyone complains about. :rollseyes:

No Excuse

I am sorry, but Princess Anne's outfit was absolutely HORRID. She looks like she is wearing someone's sofa cushions or grandmother's housecoat. And that hat! I think the fashion blog Order of Splendor said it best, "This is Eliza Doolittle, pre-makeover. I'm a little afraid Anne's going to start heckling people in a cockney accent." If she is "anti-fashion" that is a shame because she only lessens the impression others have of her. She certainly has people around her who could help her look more elegant and more befitting a Princess Royal. Her daughter seems to have some fashion sense. Surely Zara didn't look at her mother and say,"Mum, that ensemble really complements you. You look spectacular." How can people with so many resources look so awful?

On a side note..... I have NEVER understood her hair. She does not make the best of her features. Her hair ages her by about 20 years and is too severe.

Finally someone has written a post that I Totally agree with 100%. Well done, t-n-t! I could not have said it better if I tried... And I have tried!

Welcome to the Forums!

Hats Off!

I enjoyed the footage of all the lovely attire that was at the wedding. Remember a lot of fashion is avant garde and garish to get a reaction. Obviously you remember the fashion and designer if you notice it. The most surprizing thing to me were the hats. Frilly, silly, large and wild like at the Kentucky Derby. Funny, HRH prefers a smaller, more refined hat as does Her Majesty. I cannot wait to see what other fine fashions that we will see. The entire event looked very fun and full of precious moments. Most importantly I cannot wait to see what the Duchess chooses as her profession and charities. I would have recommended a hoop for carrying the dress later in the day but it was lovely. It was a much shorter dress, bustle and train than others but it was absolutely right.

tea-n-tiaras said:
I am sorry, but Princess Anne's outfit was absolutely HORRID. She looks like she is wearing someone's sofa cushions or grandmother's housecoat. And that hat! I think the fashion blog Order of Splendor said it best, "This is Eliza Doolittle, pre-makeover. I'm a little afraid Anne's going to start heckling people in a cockney accent." If she is "anti-fashion" that is a shame because she only lessens the impression others have of her. She certainly has people around her who could help her look more elegant and more befitting a Princess Royal. Her daughter seems to have some fashion sense. Surely Zara didn't look at her mother and say,"Mum, that ensemble really complements you. You look spectacular." How can people with so many resources look so awful?

On a side note..... I have NEVER understood her hair. She does not make the best of her features. Her hair ages her by about 20 years and is too severe.

I totally agree with you.
I have a feeling Zara puts her two cents in but I doubt Anne is listening. She prefers to look unattractive, severe and austere. Her hair looks coarse and her face looks like it could use a really nice smile. Like I said before she's like a zombie to me.

I don't think what she wears lessens peoples impressions of her . Her not being interested in fashion is well known she gets on with her job and seems do an excellent job in her role.

I'm sure she does an excellent job but your appearance and what you wear can make an iimpression too.

She never ever changes her hairstyle.. :whistling:

I never change my hairstyle either. When you find something YOU like, keep it.

From reading all the complaints about the PR's personal style, I think everyone should have to post a photo so she can see how you look.

Last edited:
It isn't a hairstyle, it is a great mound of hair, coarse and dry looking, stuffed around her head. If she just wore a plain dress, I would have said, she isn't into fashion, so be it. But, she, obviously, bought this ensemble, which looked.... someone said it, Eliza Doolittle. The hat was plain ridiculous plopped there. T-n-T you are right on the mark.

You, Countess, are also Right on the mark! Best description I have read so far, regarding dear Princess Anne's hair...

The dress and coat are o.k its Anne but the hat is just awful, if that outfit is new then that hat has to be very old I can't imagine anyone designing that thing today.

It isn't a hairstyle, it is a great mound of hair, coarse and dry looking, stuffed around her head. If she just wore a plain dress, I would have said, she isn't into fashion, so be it. But, she, obviously, bought this ensemble, which looked.... someone said it, Eliza Doolittle. The hat was plain ridiculous plopped there. T-n-T you are right on the mark.

Ha! The hat does look like an Eliza Doolittle kind of hat.

If I find something "I" like and it looks awful on me and makes me look 20 years older, I hope those closest to me will PLEASE, PLEASE tell me!

I'm not against her. I just desire to see her look her best.

I never change my hairstyle either. When you find something YOU like, keep it.

From reading all the complaints about the PR's personal style, I think everyone should have to post a photo so she can see how you look.

That last post was supposed to go with this one. Sorry, I'm new to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
She never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Not that she cares. I don't, believe, she wore any hose, too, so her legs look awful, also. Yuck. And it cost a fortune, I'll bet. That is the terrible part.

I don't, believe, she wore any hose, too, so her legs look awful, also. Yuck.
Really? Are you sure she didn't wear any hose? I thought she had.

Today, May 6, 2011, Princess Anne attended a commemorative ceremony at Valencay
SOE (Special Operations executive) F section Memorial in Valencay, central France.
The memorial is devoted to 104 members of the SOE F section who lost life for the
liberation of France during World War 2.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Princess Anne presented the Elizabeth Cross medal to the parents of Lance Corporal Liam Tasker
at a private ceremony held at the Defence Animal Centre in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire,
09 May 2011.
Lance Corporal Tasker deployed to Afghanistan on 08 September 2010 as part of the 1st Military
Working Dog Regiment was killed during small arms firewas while taking part in a patrol with his
dog, Theo on 01 March 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** BBC: Liam Tasker: Army dog handler awarded Elizabeth Cross **

Yesterday, June 2nd, Princess Anne handed out campaign medals to soldiers from 216 (Parachute)
Signal Squadron during a ceremony at Royal Hospital Chelsea watched by friends, family and Chelsea
Pensioners. The Squadron recently returned from a 6 month tour of Afghanistan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On May 31st, Princess Anne together with husband Tim attended a Closure Parade and Reception
at Royal Air Force Lyneham, Chippenham.

** BBC: RAF Lyneham farewell parade for departure of squadrons **

** thisiswiltshire.co.uk: Princess salutes Lyneham **

And on May 27th Anne opened the renovated Signal Tower Museum at Ladyloan, Arbroath, on the
occasion of the Bicentenary of Bell Rock Lighthouse.

** Pic ** Royal visit marks re-opening of museum **

On May 27, Princess Anne as President of The Princess Royal Trust for Carers made a visit to Carlogie
House to open a new carer respite facility, Carnoustie, Angus.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday Princess Anne as President of The Duke of Edinburgh's Commonwealth Study Conference
arrived in Bermuda for the Caribbean-Canadian Emerging Leaders' Dialogue. Jamaica, Grenada and
Barbados will follow.

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom