Princess Anne's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many outfits get posted on other fashion threads too, sometimes people forget i suppose. :)

^^ Yes, I suppose so. I also think people tend to be more interested in what the younger royal ladies are wearing.

I think Princess
Anne looks absolutely stunning in blue. Especially that light blue dress and the coat. I think that is her best color. That green dress she wore for the investiture was just beautiful on her. Another great color. I loved the black coat and hat and gloves. So elegant. I agree that her clothes just fit her perfectly, and she always looks very put together and very nice, even if i don't care for some of her style choices.

It is a nice colour but I think it has too many pleats in it. The pleating on the back is interesting but I don't like it on the bottom.

Princess Anne attended the Grand Military Gold Cup Day at Sandown
Park Racecourse, Sandown, today. Among others she presented a
retirement salver to Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles OBE, March 12,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Princess Anne has travelled to New Zealand from March 16
to March 19 and attended various events like factory visits
or the Save the Children New Zealand Reception. On March
19 she continued her journey in Tonga, where she will stay
till March 23.

Here's an article with three pics about her arrival in Tonga:

** Princess Anne arrives in Tonga **

Here's some more information about Princess Anne's visit to Tonga,
the above quoted site matangitonga.to has put together a large
number of nice pics of Anne meeting Tonga study tour participants
on March 20:

** Princess Anne meets Tonga study tour participants **

Princess Anne meeting participants in the Emerging Pacific Leaders'
Dialogue held in Tonga, 20 March 2010.

----> Pic

Princess Anne with Tonga's Princess Royal, HRH Pilolevu, Tonga's
Prime Minister Hon. Dr Feleti Sevele (right) and the Chairman of
the Commonwealth Study Conference, Mr Richard Warburton (left),
22 March 2010.

----> Pic

Princess Anne and Tim Laurence at the Gatcombe Park Horse
trials at Gatcombe Park, Glous., March 27, 2010. Zara was
competing, but so far no pics of them together.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Anne is in Newcastle upon Tyne today, March 29,
and attends several events there.
The first has been the opening of the Haymarket Metro Station,
where unusual pics were taken - unusual as you rarely see royals
taking the underground train.. ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

On March 31 Princess Anne officially re-opened Cambridgeshire City
Library after a £7.5 million renovation. The event also brought out
a dozen demonstrators, who chose the occasion to protest government
cuts.

** Pic ** article **

On the same day Princess Anne toured the new St John Ambulance
Cambridgeshire headquarters at Hartford near Huntingdon for its
official opening.

** article ** photo gallery **

Princess Anne attending Easter Sunday church service at St. George's Chapel on April 4, 2010 in Windsor
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I'm glad she wore a turqoise dress underneath to offset all the browns.

The overcoat is ok. I adore her hat and muff (in 3rd pic).

Euhm, extremely disappointed in The Princess Royal now. Last Easter, it was terrible, this Easter it is even more terrible. I think she does it simply to upset people about her wardrobe. this is a disaster.

I have seen this hat and coat before and I found it okay, but for attending an Easter mass the whole look is just too wintery, IMO.
It looks as if she was traveling to St. Petersburg and not like April in Windsor.

These pieces are very nice separately (I even liked the boots), but the overall look is indeed too wintery. I'm sure most of us agree that she looks ok, simply because we wouldn't expect anything more 'glamorous' from Princess Anne...

Princess Anne, as President of the RYA, opened the Royal Yachting
Association office complex at Portland, Dorset, Britain, April 7, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I actually like it when Anne wears fur... especially on top of her head. (Perhaps because it hides her hair :p) But I agree, her chosen outfit was too hot for this season but on the other hand we don't how the weather's over there.

Yes, indeed, I am an Anne-fan as well, I can't stop admiring her, but the weather there is not good, that's for sure, but we saw the sunshine through the hat of The Queen and the Countess of Wessex had a nice decolletté, and the York sisters were quite short-skirted, so I expect there is no think it was that cold. We saw this wintery outfit at the Braemar Gathering in early September, but in Scotland it can be quite cold at that time.
Easter is not a time to look forward to on the topic of Anne's clothing, it has been disastrous for many years now.

I actually like it when Anne wears fur... especially on top of her head. (Perhaps because it hides her hair :p) But I agree, her chosen outfit was too hot for this season but on the other hand we don't how the weather's over there.

It has been quite cold in the SE UK recently, so the winter gear was quite justified over the Easter weekend

Really? According to weatheronline.co.uk the temperatures have been between 12 – 19 C in SE that day. But temperatures dont matter when it comes to fashion. That may sound odd but fashionwise it’s spring and the Queen, the Countess of Wessex and even the young Princesses dressed like that. Just take a look at how summery Princess Maxima dressed to Eliane van Vollenhovens (sp?) christening and I’m sure, though it was a sunny day, it wasn’t much warmer in Netherlands that day. Anyway, we all know Princess Anne is not a fashionista.

Sure she isn't an icon when it comes to fashion. Still I don't think it should be critized when she decides to wear obviously warm clothes. We can critizes the outfit itself but not the reason. She must have had one. And after all I probably would have chosen something warmer as well. Perhaps not necesserily a hat like hers and not such a coat. But when I just saw a picture of Beatrice at that event. It seemed to be windy and she cerntainly didn't look very happy. ;)
Her sense - or better said her nonesense - of fashion is one thing why I like Anne. She's anything but mainstream and especially because she doesn't care about those critics concerning her look, she has to be very self confident. I admire her for that.

Dear Anne-fan.
I hope you haven't took my post as an offence. I like the Princess Royal too, strong woman and very dutiful. Truly admirable! I guess when you live in Paris like me you're just fashion-spoiled.;)

dear Westminster. Please, don't worry, as long as your critic doesn't get personally I don't take it as an offence ;) It's after all your opinion

I admire Anne's no-nonsense approach to fashion too. I don't think she cares if the press (or we :D) criticize her. At least she never wears anything outrageous and for the most part it is at least appropriate.

^^
Quite right. Princess Anne probably cares more about what she's doing and the organizations she's supporting rather than what she's wearing, and I actually think that's a good thing.

Really? According to weatheronline.co.uk the temperatures have been between 12 – 19 C in SE that day. But temperatures dont matter when it comes to fashion.
People have different weather tolerances. I personally tend to get cold easily. Perhaps to Anne if felt cold. I think her outfit looks nice.

On April 1st, Princess Anne attended a court meeting and
reception of the Worshipful Company of Butchers in London.

Here are some nice pics of that:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom