The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is a nice colour but I think it has too many pleats in it. The pleating on the back is interesting but I don't like it on the bottom.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Anne attending Easter Sunday church service at St. George's Chapel on April 4, 2010 in Windsor
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Old 04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad she wore a turqoise dress underneath to offset all the browns.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The overcoat is ok. I adore her hat and muff (in 3rd pic).
Old 04-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Nobility

Euhm, extremely disappointed in The Princess Royal now. Last Easter, it was terrible, this Easter it is even more terrible. I think she does it simply to upset people about her wardrobe. this is a disaster.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I have seen this hat and coat before and I found it okay, but for attending an Easter mass the whole look is just too wintery, IMO.
It looks as if she was traveling to St. Petersburg and not like April in Windsor.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

These pieces are very nice separately (I even liked the boots), but the overall look is indeed too wintery. I'm sure most of us agree that she looks ok, simply because we wouldn't expect anything more 'glamorous' from Princess Anne...
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Gentry

I actually like it when Anne wears fur... especially on top of her head. (Perhaps because it hides her hair ) But I agree, her chosen outfit was too hot for this season but on the other hand we don't how the weather's over there.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Nobility

Yes, indeed, I am an Anne-fan as well, I can't stop admiring her, but the weather there is not good, that's for sure, but we saw the sunshine through the hat of The Queen and the Countess of Wessex had a nice decolletté, and the York sisters were quite short-skirted, so I expect there is no think it was that cold. We saw this wintery outfit at the Braemar Gathering in early September, but in Scotland it can be quite cold at that time.
Easter is not a time to look forward to on the topic of Anne's clothing, it has been disastrous for many years now.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-fan View Post
I actually like it when Anne wears fur... especially on top of her head. (Perhaps because it hides her hair ) But I agree, her chosen outfit was too hot for this season but on the other hand we don't how the weather's over there.
It has been quite cold in the SE UK recently, so the winter gear was quite justified over the Easter weekend
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Aristocracy

Really? According to weatheronline.co.uk the temperatures have been between 12 – 19 C in SE that day. But temperatures dont matter when it comes to fashion. That may sound odd but fashionwise it’s spring and the Queen, the Countess of Wessex and even the young Princesses dressed like that. Just take a look at how summery Princess Maxima dressed to Eliane van Vollenhovens (sp?) christening and I’m sure, though it was a sunny day, it wasn’t much warmer in Netherlands that day. Anyway, we all know Princess Anne is not a fashionista.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Gentry

Sure she isn't an icon when it comes to fashion. Still I don't think it should be critized when she decides to wear obviously warm clothes. We can critizes the outfit itself but not the reason. She must have had one. And after all I probably would have chosen something warmer as well. Perhaps not necesserily a hat like hers and not such a coat. But when I just saw a picture of Beatrice at that event. It seemed to be windy and she cerntainly didn't look very happy.
Her sense - or better said her nonesense - of fashion is one thing why I like Anne. She's anything but mainstream and especially because she doesn't care about those critics concerning her look, she has to be very self confident. I admire her for that.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

Dear Anne-fan.
I hope you haven't took my post as an offence. I like the Princess Royal too, strong woman and very dutiful. Truly admirable! I guess when you live in Paris like me you're just fashion-spoiled.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Gentry

dear Westminster. Please, don't worry, as long as your critic doesn't get personally I don't take it as an offence It's after all your opinion
Old 04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I admire Anne's no-nonsense approach to fashion too. I don't think she cares if the press (or we ) criticize her. At least she never wears anything outrageous and for the most part it is at least appropriate.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
Quite right. Princess Anne probably cares more about what she's doing and the organizations she's supporting rather than what she's wearing, and I actually think that's a good thing.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
Really? According to weatheronline.co.uk the temperatures have been between 12 – 19 C in SE that day. But temperatures dont matter when it comes to fashion.
People have different weather tolerances. I personally tend to get cold easily. Perhaps to Anne if felt cold. I think her outfit looks nice.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Anne carrying out investitures at Buckingham Palace in London.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Princess Anne carrying out investitures at Buckingham Palace in London.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
What is Anne wearing?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hm, it looks like it might be a cape coat? A shame we don't have a pic of the front of it.

Tags
fashion, princess anne, style