The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Nobility

I like most of these espcially the lavender hat and outfit I know may will disagree but I like alot of what she wears she is not fussy and she has a figure many women would love to have she may not be the most stylish princess but that is not her goal I think she does what is best for her the only thing I would really change is her hair I would have it shorter and more modern

Old 11-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Serene Highness

June 8, 1994-Grosvenor House Antiques Fair

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5209...6C74E6838940E6

October 11, 1994-Fundraiser for the British Olympic Equestrian Team
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5211...C6D1850E18057A

Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan View Post
Source: Getty Images

December 5, 1986-At East Midlands International Airport
In 1986 our village was visited by HRH, she wore this suit and hat and carried a brown handbag, I'll try and get a photograph.

God Save The Queen!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

I like The Princess Royal--she's no nonsense in both her attitude and her fashion sense. Loved seeing all the recycled clothing--not too many of us can say that we've worn the same clothes for decades!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Commoner

Good lord does the woman never discard any piece of clothing??? That's just plain strange!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroolie_julie View Post
Good lord does the woman never discard any piece of clothing??? That's just plain strange!
I have to agree, and as much as I would like to commend Anne on her frugality and carefree ability to wear clothes that have gone out of style decades ago (she does have a fine figure), I believe her sense of style would be called "dowdy" or "boring" at the best of times.
(And lets not get started on her hair)
Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Nobility

Many of her hats these days are far from new. The small pillbox hats she wore on photos in this section are from the 1970s and 1980s. Many of her hats are bought with one design, but different colour. If you see the white hat worn for the 2003 Service to commemorate the Coronation, the service for the Diamond Wedding, these are perfectly the same, but in different colour. The dress worn at Charles and Camilla is exactly the same in all the four photographs shows in that post.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Aristocracy

I think I am just going to echo what everyone else says.

Yes, yes yes, it's fabulous that Anne recycles so many outfits, but some of the ones she chooses to recycle are just so dated. The red suit at East Mids airport, for the eighties, it was just so, well, seventies.

And as for the turquoise suit for Charles and Camilla's wedding. It was hideous, and totally inappropriate to wear a suit for this occasion that she had worn at other high profile events (the Linley wedding, and QM's 100th b'day).

Of course - the prime example of recycling is this! Princess Anne recycles dress she first wore 27 years ago | Mail Online Funny this, I loved it on her at Charles and Di's do, but now, she makes me think of Bette Davis tryig to recapture her lost youth in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:27 AM
Courtier

27 years ago!! Oh for a storage area so large, without moths, rodents or dust. I wonder if she's got it all catalogued on computer, the day outfits, the ball gowns, the dinner dresses, the hats, the bags, the shoes, the tiaras, the jewellery
Old 01-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

If your going to keep a dress like that (WHY) you should do what PDiana did. Change to a blouse, change neckline, something, to make it look more updated. But I think in this case, the money you waste by discarding saves so many people from suffering from fashion migraines. Do It for the People PAnne!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

Do you really think that woman would catalogue her clothes on a spreadsheet?! Good God, I'm not even sure she puts them on with the light on. There has to be a reason for the omelette outfit surely? Oh Anne... why? Such a shame - such a great figure, but terrible taste. Being a princess is really wasted on some women isn't it?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Nobility

I noticed during the past months that The Princess Royal began the custom of wearing her brooches 'dead centre' like Queen Mary, her great-grandmother used to do it. I really adore her, because she is such a character and a tower of a monument, as I experienced when meeting her three years ago. But as all people say, her choice of chothes, hats and jewellery is sometimes out of date.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Source: Wenn
http://s5.tinypic.com/2urxvn6.jpg (2004)
http://s5.tinypic.com/2j2ccps.jpg
Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne's hat.
http://i40.tinypic.com/250l8af.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/ek43ki.jpg
Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Nobility

Another royal 'blunder'. I can not say how much I adore The Princess Royal, not only for her work, but for her appearance as well. I saw her on a regimental gathering for St Patrick's Day; and although dressed in a woolen boring dark Emereld green coat, fur hat and riding boots; she was 'The Princess Royal' and everyone knew they were in the company of a royal. However, this hat is again a disaster. I love her coffee brown deux-pieces, but the hat is beyond understanding a bad choice!!! She seems like a fruit-picker on The Queen's estate. I would have prefered her the hat she wore for the Diamond Wedding Anniversary service, which would have been better with this outfit.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I am really puzzled as to why she chose this hat. It looks like something one would wear while gardening. The fruits on the back are kind of whimsical, but not the best thing to wear to Easter services.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i honestly dont know what to say about the easter hat - i know she has never wanted to be known for her fashion choices instead concentrating on her royal duties and charities but this choice is simply very strange

Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
When did she wear this get-up?
OMG, Anne looks like she was cleaning house and threw on this hat (which looks like it costs $1.00 and was purchased off a souvenir stand in the tropics) and off she went to church.
The Queen at 82 dresses with more elan and chicness than Anne could ever hope to achieve.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

There is more information about Princess Anne's hat.
Princess Anne takes inspiration from Vietnam's rice fields for her Easter bonnet | Mail Online
Old 04-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

HELLO! Photo gallery Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

The hello caption ends in "..." seems they dont know what to make of it either!

Tags
fashion, princess anne, style