Princess Anne's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress and the hat are lovely I think - and she wore them for Ascot last year too. But blimey -the navy gloves and black accessories. Do she and her mother not know the colour beige?

The dress and the hat are lovely I think - and she wore them for Ascot last year too. But blimey -the navy gloves and black accessories. Do she and her mother not know the colour beige?

James in London that was my thought too when I saw the Queen and Princess Anne this summer!:flowers:

It's nice for Anne, but I can't help myself - this outfit still looks more like a costume/fancy dress to me.

And so she did again ?

The Princess Royal as Colonel of The Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards
and 1st Dragoons) attended a Household Cavalry Welcome Home Parade
and Service of Thanksgiving, Combermere Barracks, Windsor, Berkshire,
July 3rd, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Blue gloves with black purse and shoes?? At least use accessories that match. :bang:

:previous: I have to agree re: dark accessories. How expensive can it be to invest in beige or white accessories? It affects the overall look of the outfit.

I have to agree , as well. It is not as if Anne has to worry about the cost of a pair of gloves and/or shoes! She just really doesn't care, one way or another... She marches to her own drummer and is content. Sad, IMO, as she could look so much better...

I think Anne would do well to have a completely new wardrobe.
Somebody should tell her its 2010, not 1980.

I SO agree, CP5! I could not have said it better. Too bad she doesn't use her mother's stylist...

I think Anne would do well to have a completely new wardrobe.
Somebody should tell her its 2010, not 1980.
However, my dear! The Princess Royale is ever mindful of the current economic conditions and I am sure she wouldn't run out and buy a whole new wardrobe. My guess is that she would weave in new pieces bit by bit. Or, at least, IMO, she should.

However, my dear! The Princess Royale is ever mindful of the current economic conditions and I am sure she wouldn't run out and buy a whole new wardrobe. My guess is that she would weave in new pieces bit by bit. Or, at least, IMO, she should.

I, doubt, that the princess is mindful of anything, except her distaste for fashion, which, usually shows. It is, also, okay. She has a wonderful figure, but, unfortunately for her, looks like a Hannover. The queen, until the past number of years had no style, either. She dressed like an 80 year old when she was 40. Her white gloves are archaic, and look ridiculous. Her, recent designers have done her much more justice and she looks much nicer. Anne is Anne. Somewhere she decided, she didn't care what she looked like.

That is such a shame, imho, Countess! Anne, most definitely, could care less what she looks like, and whether it matches or how out-dated she looks. The Queen dresses like she should... A Queen! Anne should start to look like what she is... The Princess Royal.

Being mindful of the economic conditions is completely okay...but she should still look nice when dealing with economics!! She should bring in new pieces bit by bit, but I'm losing hope in Anne. I doubt she'll ever care about her appearance.

I don't think she puts too much effort into her appearance either and I've pretty much resigned myself to it. As long as she's a hard worker and represents the monarchy well then I can accept her fashion faux pas. I do think her recent outfits have looked pretty nice so maybe there's hope.

Anne has never cared about fashion and I don't think she ever will. As for the Queen's gloves I remember reading that she wears them because all the handshaking bruises her hands. Maybe someone can confirm this.

As for the Queen's gloves I remember reading that she wears them because all the handshaking bruises her hands. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I think it might be more than just bruising. Given that she meets a lot of people from all sections of society, often in quite quick succession, she may not always get an opportunity to wash her hands as often as she may like. IMO The gloves are just an elegant solution to this.

I've noticed Anne tends to wear her brooches in the middle instead of off to the side. Has anyone else noticed this? I like that she does this as it shows the brooch better and ties in more with the necklace she's wearing with it being in front.
Yes I've noticed it too.
A couple other outfits where she has worn it in the middle:
http://i42.tinypic.com/15n7if6.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/i3uxic.jpg

I've seen it with other outfits too, these are just the ones I found right away.
I like the way it looks.

I wonder if that's one reason Anne doesn't wear white gloves is because they might get dirty shaking all those hands. Beige would be a better colour. But yeah you have a point as to why the royals wear them. All those sweaty hands they have to shake.

The dress and jacket are nice.

I wonder if that's one reason Anne doesn't wear white gloves is because they might get dirty shaking all those hands. Beige would be a better colour. But yeah you have a point as to why the royals wear them. All those sweaty hands they have to shake.
Also, there are a lot of viruses and such out there and you never know who might have a "bug", so wearing gloves helps protect from that as well especially if you aren't able to wash your hands after meeting all those people.

Very true, Opal, but why does she have to wear such awful colored ones?? Brown, Black, Navy... Why not just a classic white? At the very least, she should not be wearing navy and brown...

I wonder if that's one reason Anne doesn't wear white gloves is because they might get dirty shaking all those hands.

But white gloves can be washed, even bleached if necessary.

Indeed they can, blujean! And I would think that the Princess Royal could afford to buy more than just one or two pairs of white gloves... thus eliminating the need to be washing and bleaching every time she wears them. Just a thought, of course. :)

Also, there are a lot of viruses and such out there and you never know who might have a "bug", so wearing gloves helps protect from that as well especially if you aren't able to wash your hands after meeting all those people.
Imagine if she caught one of those "super bugs" that don't have a vaccine. :eek:
There was a time when royal ladies always wore gloves. I don't know when (or why) it changed, but perhaps they should go back to doing that with all these germs running rampant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom