Princess Anne's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 at Ascot (this is the only photo I found so far)

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/20759352.jpg
I actually like this outfit on Anne. I wish there was a photo of her showing the front of it. It looks like she's wearing a black blouse under the jacket so there's some nice color coordination. Her hat looks interesting.

I don't like the color very much...makes me queasy.
But it's a step higher than the outfit she wore at King Constantine's birthday!
It's definately a vast improvement from her previous outfit. That's for sure! ;)

^^
My smilie was expressing my opinion about the facinator (which I find awful) not about her hair

:previous:

I agree. :innocent: :) It's kind of a sweet idea, though.

Well it's something different. I'll give her that. It's just that it looks like a flower is growing out of her head.
On a positive note, I do like the color of her outfit. :) :innocent:

I believe I know what you mean. And I like the color as well. ;)

Can someone please explain what a 'facinator' is? IMO her hair and the sunglasses are the two things letting me down. One more thing in relation to royal ascot... evidently the princess has been there both days yet i've watched the royal processions and she hasnt been in any of the carriages. Is this normal?

I like the pink dress but I don't like her flower... er... fascinator.

Can someone please explain what a 'facinator' is?
A fascinator is a headpiece that's shaped like a saucer with a decoration on it that's worn tilted on the head instead of a hat. If you check Countess Sophie's thread she has worn one recently at Ascot with the white and black dress. Hope that helps.

I wouldn't say that flower is a fascinator. Looks like a simple plucked flower to me.

I think I like both outfits. They are not TOO out of fashion. I like especially the fuchsia outfit with the flowers.

The hair however... Why does it remain the same for decades. Do not understand. :ermm:

:eek:

.....mmmmmmmm..... She always looks regal, but someone should burn her whole closet!

^^
I'm not keen on the brown-beige outfit either. I don't like the large brown spots on it. And another flower in the hair ....

A couple more pics from Day 2 at Ascot
Front
Back
After seeing pics of the full outfit, I quite like this fuscia ensemble. It has a nice cut and colour. And the decoration around the collar add a nice feminie touch!
It's her best Ascot outfit so far, except for the hair flowers.

I don't think today's outfit is that bad. It's Princess Anne and I'm afraid nothing can shock me anymore after seeing her outfit at Constantine's birthday. :lol:
However, she could look definitely much better, but she seems to have a soft spot for frumpy appearances...

^^
I don't think it's really that bad either. The cut of the jacket is nice actually. I just wish she had chosen a different pattern for the dress instead of spots. It ruins the whole look of it. And I wish she would wear a proper hat!
But alas, this is Anne.

While her mother, the Queen, seems to look younger and smarter, poor Anne just looks older and frumpier. Too bad Anne doesn't use her mother's stylists.... Methinks it is time to go through your closet and start tossing the old.

Her last outfit was a miss, but the pink outfit was a hit imo. Thumbs up! She should wear light accessories though. It's summer!

What's with the flowers in the hair? Afterall this is Ascot where it's all about the hats!

Princess Anne has been in Germany today, June 18!

In Mönchengladbach (western Germany) she attended a farewell
ceremony for around 1000 soldiers. The headquarters of the Rapid
Reaction Force of the NATO will move from the base of the British
forces in Mönchengladbach to Innsworth/Gloucestershire in Britain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

^^
Anne does tend to get overlooked fashionwise at Trooping the Colour since she wears her uniform, but she does look distinguished. :flowers:

:previous: No you're not wrong Noor. ;) :lol:

I agree with you blujean, Anne needs to up the ante' in the hat (or fascinator) department.
Was Anne not at Ascot today? I don't see any new photos.

Anne wasn't at Ascot today because she went to Germany - and recycled a navy and yellow outfit while at it.

From Anne's current events thread:

Princess Anne has been in Germany today, June 18!

In Mönchengladbach (western Germany) she attended a farewell
ceremony for around 1000 soldiers. The headquarters of the Rapid
Reaction Force of the NATO will move from the base of the British
forces in Mönchengladbach to Innsworth/Gloucestershire in Britain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom