Old Fashion Discussion Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if is the correct place to post. From last www.hola.com, a nice analysis on Catherine's style

La más elegant: Analizamos el estilo de la duquesa de Cambridge
All but one hark back to her more elegant phase. The one short dress I can't place except that it was not at a "Royal Engagement". There was much of her Canadian wardrobe on show and her dresses were chic and showed her legs to advantage. Elegant and chic for the most part . . . . what happened?

She's hitting 30 and her skirts have shot up like a teenager and she's back to hiding behind a curtain of hair!

Other than the Zara dress, I really don't remember Kate wearing many mini dresses. If you think of the McQueen coat she wore to present medals to the Irish Guards, her Amanda Wakeley dress at the Royal Marsden, her DVF coat at Remembrance Sunday, the Mulberry dress at the Diamond Jubilee media reception, the LK Bennett coat she wore to Copenhagen (which was criticised on this forum as too long!), the McQueen skirt she wore to visit victims of the summer riots (which was also thought to be too long on this forum) - all have been extremely demure.

In fact Kate wore many, many more mini skirts and dresses when out on the town in London before she became engaged. If anything she's become much more conservative since she got married.

I think people is obsessed by this so called mini dress. I agree, without tights or with nude tights it is too short, but with these opaque tights she wore, it does not shock me. OK, this is my opinion...

My favorite is navy jacket and dress for departure from London to Canada - I hope she'll wear it again.
I like: red suit from Edinburgh, Burberry coat from NI, Zara blue dress and jacket (day after the wedding), white outfit from some derby (with hair up), McQueen white coat from TTC, McQueen navy coat from military event, Malene Birger dress, jacket+jeans+wedges from Canada and Roksanda Ilincic dress from US. Her evening dresses are not my type. Kate looked good short after the wedding, now her style is more and more not interesting.

I really don't see an issue with the Zara dress she wore recently. It was short but she had tights on. She's only in the beginning stages of her new role as a wife/princess & she's experimenting with clothes.

The Monaco dress is beautiful. She looked amazing in it.

Last edited:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Belgian National Days Past

This event had a lot of bad fashion moments!

I think Mathilde in that orange dress and crazy hat was her worst fashion moment! I did love her pink outfit in 2005 though.

All of Claire's outfits were the worst! Mostly the white and black outfit with the crazy hat and the blue with the white pants/jacket look.Horrid.

It's all about color & print but done in a very tacky way IMO.
Claire seemed the best dressed in that white suit.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Queens and their Pre-Wedding Style

I love mostly every outfit on this post.

My favorites are Silvia,Grace,Sofia,Anne Marie and Beatrix.

Margrethe's was kinda boring.Still not a fan of Charlene's.And Fabiola was too much.
Sofia, Grace, and Beatrix all looked lovely to me. I don't mind Charlene's outfit, had it been a skirt ;).

This would not be my top five list! From it, I like the first two and the last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2011 in Review: Crown Princess Mary

My favorite Mary looks of the year are:

1.The pink dress wore at the Monaco wedding ball
2.The turquoise dress she wore at the Monaco wedding ceremony
3.The blue dress she wore at her twins christening

Her worst look was her mis-matched look in New York.And also,the shimmery dress she wore at the American-Scandinavian Foundation Ball.

For me,she was one of the best dressed royals of the year!

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2011 in Review: Crown Princess Mette-Marit

My favorite MM look of the year is that red dress.She looked amazing! Also,the light blue Valentino dress she wore at a state visit to South Africa.

Her worst looks is a tie.Her awful see through Valentino dress at the Nobel and the horrid school girl look while at the Anniversary of the birth of Fridtjof Nansen.

Mette Marit was not one of my best dressed of the year.Some of her looks were boring or nothing special.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Best of 2011: Crown Princess Victoria

My favorite Victoria looks of the year:

1.Her red dress at Will and Kate's pre-wedding dinner
2.Her outfit she wore at Will and Kate's wedding
3.Her auqa dress she wore at her sister in law's wedding

Her worst looks were that grey baggy dress she wore at the Parliament celebrations.And that circus tent like dress at an opening of a children's culture center.

Her year was good but not great like last year.

Last edited:
It's a tie for me between, Maxima, Mary & Cathernie- thanks for posting the compilations, I enjoyed it"

Its a tie for me too between Kate, Victoria, Letizia, and Madeleine. Wow, thanks for all the hardwork to put it together.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Mary at the New Year Courts

I thought Mary's worst look was in 2006.Horrid! I love that off the shoulder purple dress,very princess like! In 2009 she looked great in that ice blue dress with the fur;even though I am not a fan of fur.In 2010 I thought she carried of that orange dress very well.

My favorite look from this event is 2007.One of my favorite Mary looks of all time! The color is gorgeous and I love how medieval it is.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2011 in Review: Princess Mathilde

My favorites from Mathilde:

1.White dress at Maxima's birthday
2.Armani dress at Monaco's wedding ball
3.White dress with orange cardigan

Her worst was that lose fitting Dries Van Noten dress.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2011 in Review: Princess Máxima

My favorites:

1.The dress at Will and Kate's wedding
2.The yellow dress at the Monaco wedding
3.The black one shoulder dress

There were too many worst looks for Maxima! But the number one worst is that see though dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom