Old Fashion Discussion Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for pictures of her fashion I found a few pictures in a Sheikha Mozah fashion thread-
look at post '#56 Sheikha Mozah - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot
I like her black dress at the ROTA Gala dinner, not surprised that Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa can´t stop looking when he´s seated next to her :D
The dress is absolutely stunning and flattering,it highlights her great figure and feminine curves.....to be honest I´m a little bit sick with envy:p
The last picture where she is wearing a classic white blouse,black skirt and belt reminds me a lot of Queen Rania´s style...I wonder how they manage to be so busy and run in high heels that much?They look great and feminine but I think it´s quite exhausting to wear high heels when you are working....

While we are waiting for the opening of the parliament tommorow I think we should have a look back over the previous year. First Crown Princess Mary:
2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gInCTZdiYNQ/Ton-oQIMi1I/AAAAAAAAAa8/UdBzsiH-Xh8/s1600/2004+a.JPG
Personally I love her look from 2006, 2007 and 2009.

Princess Marie:
2008. 2009 and 2010:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Dt-X1WOSPvo/Ton_Jl0YmrI/AAAAAAAAAbE/HT8C1p2flV0/s1600/m+2008+a.jpg
I love love love her look from 2008. So chic!!

Royal Outfits

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are waiting for the opening of the parliament tommorow I think we should have a look back over the previous year. First Crown Princess Mary:
2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gInCTZdiYNQ/Ton-oQIMi1I/AAAAAAAAAa8/UdBzsiH-Xh8/s1600/2004+a.JPG
Personally I love her look from 2006, 2007 and 2009.

Princess Marie:
2008. 2009 and 2010:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Dt-X1WOSPvo/Ton_Jl0YmrI/AAAAAAAAAbE/HT8C1p2flV0/s1600/m+2008+a.jpg
I love love love her look from 2008. So chic!!

Royal Outfits

Those are my favorites from Mary as well. She looks so classy, and the dress coats/dresses are simple and elegant enough to speak for themselves.

Apart from 2004, I like all of Mary's looks for the opening of the parliament. My favorites are probably from 2006, 2007 (but I would have liked to see the outfit paired with a different hat and shoes), and 2010 (even though I'm not certain if the length is a little short for the event). I like the coat, hat and hair from 2010 but the coat and hat have looked much better on other occasions, IMO. Mary looked very elegant and chic in 2009 also, but she could have been attending a memorial service or funeral!

My favorite look for Marie is from 2009, followed by 2010.

Searching for pictures of her fashion I found a few pictures in a Sheikha Mozah fashion thread-
look at post '#56 Sheikha Mozah - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot
I like her black dress at the ROTA Gala dinner, not surprised that Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa can´t stop looking when he´s seated next to her :D
The dress is absolutely stunning and flattering,it highlights her great figure and feminine curves.....to be honest I´m a little bit sick with envy:p
The last picture where she is wearing a classic white blouse,black skirt and belt reminds me a lot of Queen Rania´s style...I wonder how they manage to be so busy and run in high heels that much?They look great and feminine but I think it´s quite exhausting to wear high heels when you are working....

I love the black dress, she is so beautiful. :flowers:

Tattoo Millenium: Princess Amira Altaweel of Saudi Arabia
another page with Princess Amira´s fashion...the first picture is the outfit she wore for William/Kate´s wedding-image of the complete dress ONTD_Royalty - Royal wedding: Victoria and Letizia relive magic of their own wedding days (you have to scroll down a bit)
Only now I see the similarity between Maxima of the Netherlands outfit and Princess Amira´s lace dress...I prefer Amira´s version because the sleeves are longer and her hat is more elegant than Maxima´s hairdo...

Last edited:
You know what I was reading the Wikipedia of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal and it says that Princess Ameerah is his fifth wife.
First wife is Princess Dalal, Second is Princess Iman, Third one is Princess Maha, Fourth one is Princess Kholoud and the fifth one Is Princess Ameerah.

Someone posted the same information in the Prince Al Waleed and Princess Amira thread,I would not be surprised if he had more than one wife but I believe that currently she is "the only one".
I also read that he was married to her sister before (?),I always get quite confused with Arabic love/marriage issues because I come from a completely different background:)

Back to fashion:
Shopping for Princess Amira al-Taweel « StyleLab Seattle
"Her Royal Highness was very gracious and fun and I enjoyed working with her. Her Royal Highness is not only charming, but has great taste and an eye for fashion, so naturally I liked her right away."
->Now we know some of the shops and brands she likes,it must be great to go shopping for her,all those glamourous robes and designers & you can buy every dress or jewellery without looking at the price tag :D

Princess Amera in Victoria Beckham-she wore it in UK November 2, 2010:
Victoria Beckham Style: Celebrities in VB: Princess Amira in Victoria Beckham Fall 2010 - #58

Last edited:
:previous: the way Ameerah wore it looks much better than the original Victoria Beckham design imo.

Yes, she changed it a little bit-the original outfit has a belt around the waist but P. Amira covered half of the belt and it looks better than on the runway because draped clothes look better on curvy women IMO.(I don´t like skinny models...)

:previous: I agree. Although I don't follow Zara closely, from what I've seen of her, I'm not impressed by her style but she looks very comfortable in her own skin.

Someone posted the same information in the Prince Al Waleed and Princess Amira thread,I would not be surprised if he had more than one wife but I believe that currently she is "the only one".
I also read that he was married to her sister before (?),I always get quite confused with Arabic love/marriage issues because I come from a completely different background:)

Back to fashion:
Shopping for Princess Amira al-Taweel « StyleLab Seattle
"Her Royal Highness was very gracious and fun and I enjoyed working with her. Her Royal Highness is not only charming, but has great taste and an eye for fashion, so naturally I liked her right away."
->Now we know some of the shops and brands she likes,it must be great to go shopping for her,all those glamourous robes and designers & you can buy every dress or jewellery without looking at the price tag :D

Princess Amera in Victoria Beckham-she wore it in UK November 2, 2010:
Victoria Beckham Style: Celebrities in VB: Princess Amira in Victoria Beckham Fall 2010 - #58

Yes, this is what I wrote in the other thread, that Alwaleed was her sister husband, then they divorced, then he married her sister. Well in Islam it is ok for the man to marry sisters ((as long as not at the same time)), and I mentioned in the other thread, that Ameerah was sent to Europe to learn how to deal with people and how to talk in interviews. so she is trained to do that.
Currently she is the only wife now, and my Saudi friend told me that she saw a picture of her playing with a little girl, maybe her daughter, I'm not a 100% sure if she has a daughter or not. :flowers:

Another thing my Saudi friend told me about Alwaleed, that he does not like white girls, all his employee I mean women who work with him, have to do Tan.

Last edited:
For me, Victoria look perfect at all of her pre-wedding events and Mary, at each of her pre-wedding events, looked like she was becoming perfect! Victoria's Elie Saab gown was simply divine and my absolute favorite look from her. Mary's red creation adorned with all the rubies was sheer regal elegance.

My two favorites were the grey and red dresses Mary wore to her pre-wedding events. Both are quite simple and lovely.

Here's a gallery of Crown Princess Mary and some of her recycled clothes and accessories.

Always nice to find out and to compare:

** BB: Mary i genbrug **

I like the grey cardigan in the first picture. The outfit in the fourteenth picture (I'm referring to the grey/white one) is a little too fifties for me. Though she pulls it off well.

I find it sympathetic for a Princess to recycle clothes and accessories.

Royals in gold and silver - quite recent pics of the royal ladies, I don't like
Máxima's and Victoria's choices, but the rest is really nice!

** Kongelige i guld og sølv **

Loved the last dresses for Letizia. Especially the long-sleeved red dress. Gorgeous.

Loved first, fourth, fifth, eighth, tenth, eleventh and fourteenth on Mary. I think the red dress with short sleeves (she's wearing her sash with it) is probably my top favorite.

Victoria looked stunning in dresses five, six, nine, eleven and twelve. The royal blue dress (she's wearing it with her sash) is my favorite.

I'm not a fan of any of Maxima's or Mette-Marit's dresses, though some did have very nice colors.

Mathilde's second gown is very nice.

Thank you for sharing the link. These ladies definitely know how to get dressed up to the nines.

Great collection of photos!

From this collection, Mary and Victoria are my 2010 winners, followed by Letizia and Mette-Marit, followed by Maxima and Mathilde. More specifically I like...

Letizia: 1, 3, 4 -- the first and third being my favorites
Mary: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15 -- the ninth and fifteenth being my favorites, with honorable mention to the seventh (she looked like she stepped out of a fairytale), eleventh and twelfth
Victoria: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13 -- the third and eleventh being my favorites, with honorable mention to the first, second, eighth and ninth
Mette Marit: 3, 6, 7 -- the last two being my favorites
Maxima: 1, 2, 3, 4 -- I'm really not sure about any of these
Mathilde: 2

:previous:

Remember that we already have a lot of those lists from 2010 on the previous pages of this thread.

Here's a gallery of Princess Madeleine's gala dresses:

** BB: Madeleine i galla **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom