The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post

What would I do in Meghan's shoes? Realize I have a lot to learn in a short time frame and get some good advise from a non-friend, preferably someone who is familiar with the history and people of the UK. Level-headed and wise advisers, such as Catherine Quinn, are worth their weight in gold. Find one! (..) Don't think you know everything or can get by with flying by the seat of your pants, it will not be well received! I could continue, but that's enough.
Meghan is not yet a member of the BRF. She has done less than couple of handfuls of engagements, in a new country and in the face of constant criticism about her demeanour, fashion and comments at the Heads Together conference, mostly from people online on Twitter/Tumblr and forums.

I get it that you don't like Meghan much (it's not just her style is it) but considering it took nearly seven years for Catherine Quinn to be appointed and get improvements for Kate, how about a bit of slack for Meghan for a year or so?

She's supposed, because she was an actress to be well dressed for each occasion (a bit like those cut out dolls that little girls used to dress in books) and know exactly when to hold back, use restraint, comment/not comment as if she's a robotic seasoned Royal and has been doing this for years. And yes, imo she probably should have worn runners and a short jacket to Bath.

However, I actually think she engaged with these vets at Bath, laughed and talked with them, and she and Harry had great interaction with all the people she met. Meghan has a very easy conversational style, and people who've met her on her engagements have complimented her on it.

I doubt that any of the people she talked with today went home complaining that she wore stilettos at a track, just that she was bright, bubbly and easy to chat with.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Royal Highness

Never did I think anyone would recommend copying Harry (or William's) fashion. Just thinking about all the complaining about the ubiquitous blue suits--it just struck me as humorous.

I think a blockier heel might have been better at a track, and the wind affected her hair and coat, but nothing was actually inappropriate. The jeans and polo were perfect.

Her engagement ring may be fine. Mine used to slide around on my finger but couldn't slip over my knuckle.

I think people who think Meghan will give them high fashion may be disappointed.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan is not yet a member of the BRF. She has done less than couple of handfuls of engagements, in a new country and in the face of constant criticism about her demeanour, fashion and comments at the Heads Together conference, mostly from people online on Twitter/Tumblr and forums.

I get it that you don't like Meghan much (it's not just her style is it) but considering it took nearly seven years for Catherine Quinn to be appointed and get improvements for Kate, how about a bit of slack for Meghan for a year or so?

She's supposed, because she was an actress to be well dressed for each occasion (a bit like those cut out dolls that little girls used to dress in books) and know exactly when to hold back, use restraint, comment/not comment as if she's a robotic seasoned Royal and has been doing this for years. And yes, imo she probably should have worn runners and a short jacket to Bath.

However, I actually think she engaged with these vets at Bath, laughed and talked with them, and she and Harry had great interaction with all the people she met. Meghan has a very easy conversational style, and people who've met her on her engagements have complimented her on it.

I doubt that any of the people she talked with today went home complaining that she wore stilettos at a track, just that she was bright, bubbly and easy to chat with.
But this is the "Meghan Markle Fashion" thread, are we not allowed to talk about her clothes?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, actually I don't think that remarks about Meghan thinking she knows it all, or 'flying by the seat of her pants' has anything to do with her fashion sense, not really. And I am just asking that she be given some slack, in fashion and other areas, at least until she actually marries into the BRF.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Courtier

I never said Meghan thinks she knows it all, not once. I know you don't like my opinions, but you don't get to edit them, sorry.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Tell me please what is the *Big Deal* about Meghan wearing heels, a long trench coat, rings and wearing her hair today*.......goodness sake are some going to crucify each time she leaves the house, well Meghan stay home then and be a robot for goodness sake. It is okay to have an opinion here or elsewhere but this constant bad mouthing her at ever turn gets silly and stupid and dumb.

Her hair was down, flying something, so Meghan fix the wind, her heels were on grass, so Meghan walk elsewhere, her coat was long, so Meghan wear a shorter coat, she did not dress like Harry, so Meghan become Barbie.....nothing this girl does will please *everyone*, so she should please just herself and Harry and the h*ell with everyone else I say. I see lots of negative and jealous in comments about her since day 1.........wonder how anyone would like that said about them all the time? So we sit behind a computer and she never sees this ........wanta bet on that? Maybe not her.....yet ............
Majesty

(..)

I would have preferred trainers on her. But then again I would prefer Kate wear trainers and not her wedges. At least Meghan wasn't playing sports.

I love the trench. Its fashionable, and is casual. Don't need a 'sport coat' to look casual

I think people will just have to get accustomed to a modern duchess who dresses like a modern 30 something year old woman. How she dresses is actually on trend, why she wont fire her stylist.

I find it refreshing. It would be boring if we had two 1950's housewives.

But please Meghan, please, learn from Kate's mistakes, and tie your hair back in windy events.
Heir Apparent

Missy, you wrote as 'advice' to Meghan 'Don't think you know everything...' Which isn't usually addressed to people you don't think are behaving that way, in my experience.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I would have preferred trainers on her. But then again I would prefer Kate wear trainers and not her wedges. At least Meghan wasn't playing sports.

I love the trench. Its fashionable, and is casual. Don't need a 'sport coat' to look casual

I think people will just have to get accustomed to a modern duchess who dresses like a modern 30 something year old woman. How she dresses is actually on trend, why she wont fire her stylist.

I find it refreshing. It would be boring if we had two 1950's housewives.

But please Meghan, please, learn from Kate's mistakes, and tie your hair back in windy events.
But that is exactly the point--I don't think either woman has been wrong in what they have chosen to wear, it is personal preference by posters that Meghan or Kate wear something else to an event.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Tell me please what is the *Big Deal* about Meghan wearing heels, a long trench coat, rings and wearing her hair today*.......goodness sake are some going to crucify each time she leaves the house, well Meghan stay home then and be a robot for goodness sake. It is okay to have an opinion here or elsewhere but this constant bad mouthing her at ever turn gets silly and stupid and dumb.

Her hair was down, flying something, so Meghan fix the wind, her heels were on grass, so Meghan walk elsewhere, her coat was long, so Meghan wear a shorter coat, she did not dress like Harry, so Meghan become Barbie.....nothing this girl does will please *everyone*, so she should please just herself and Harry and the h*ell with everyone else I say. I see lots of negative and jealous in comments about her since day 1.........wonder how anyone would like that said about them all the time? So we sit behind a computer and she never sees this ........wanta bet on that? Maybe not her.....yet ............
Thanks for this; although I highly doubt Ms Markle is reading this forum, I do think that the critics among those who do read this thread should take into account that ms Markle is a highly professional person that is on a very steep learning curve. If one compares what she wore to the Invictus games in Toronto with what she wore at the Invictus event in Bath, this tells me that she is testing the British waters to see what dress works and what doesn't. As a Canadian who has visited Britain on numerous occasions, I am always having to keep my jaw from falling on the ground when I see how British people dress. The hats! The fascinators! The shoes! The uniforms! How can people walk around in such outfits with any hope of being taken seriously. My heart goes out to Ms Markle and I do wish her all the best in trying to make sense of a very confusing dress code. Fellow posters on this forum, do please understand that Ms Markle will make many appearances wearing dress that you might find odd, but just think how she must find your dressing standards
Old 04-07-2018, 12:18 AM
Serene Highness

Now Gerry, that had me in stitches laughing all the way to the loo....LOL. Yes there is certainly a double standard here for Meghan and even Catherine at times. I remember well the 1st time I went to London from Rome, well Rome just shocked the hell out of me with their clothing style, I felt like a silly country girl from the backwoods of America...turned my fashion on it's ear and boy did I change for the best. I happen to love the way Meghan dresses except for those skinny pants/jeans whatever, I love her coats, so they are long and belted, keeps one warmer in cold weather I would say. So her hair flies, she has long hair, ponytails and buns and up aren't always going to work for her, down and straight and let it fly. I would never like to see Meghan become a robot or someone who gives up her own sense of style for I am sure that she knows just what to wear. Only one dress I did not like and that was the engagement gown......I think she basically has a good sense of style and for sure herself, she will do fine even with all the negative comments. It just gets silly at times for there is no fun in being negative all the time.....lighten the load as someone here told me recently and have fun with TRF.....
Old 04-07-2018, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I honestly prefer what she wore to the last IG when she was just dating him. It's those ugly coats she wears that are killing me.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-07-2018, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

Surely people can post about fashion in a fashion thread without some having a breakdown.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Administrator

This thread has had a major clean-up. Posts and comments discussing Meghan Markle's weight have been removed, the same applies to insulting and personal comments towards fellow members. This is a fashion thread for Meghan Markle, not one about the Duchess of Cambridge, please refrain from continuing the "Meghan vs Kate" battle. Please stay respectful, accept differing opinions and stay on topic of this thread! Further off-topic comments and posts will be deleted without notice - thank you!
Old 04-07-2018, 02:06 AM
Courtier

Again, I liked what she wore. I like that she continues to wear clothes she's comfortable in. She likes loose coats, so she wears loose coats. I would've worn trainers, but I'm in general not a big heel person, so that's why. Her look was relaxed, event appropriate and looked good on her.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would be more suitable to wear sneakers considering where she was Once again a ponytail would be better I can’t stand my hair blowing in my face and when she’s trying to talk to people it would be distracting
Old 04-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Courtier

So far I have liked almost everything she has worn (minus the bootcut jeans, but that’s just me), so I don’t really understand the criticism here. She looks like herself which is exactly the person she is supposed to look like. I truly hope she never resorts to wearing the “uniform” the BRF tend to wear. I hope she keeps wearing whatever she likes and prefers, no matter what everyone else thinks about it.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Aristocracy

I read some comments about jaleousy of Meghan!!!!!!!????
really people really!!!!!!! i am really speechless alot of here may not believe but this forums are for fun and there a life for us outside it a real life with all the up and down it might nit be royal life but a sweet one anyway.
alot of like Mlle Meghan fashion and alot doesn't it's nothing personal just matter of taste let's accept each other opinions in the end Mlle Markle wont prize us for our good commnents or punish us for the bad
Old 04-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

And again, close, but no cigar. That trench ruins the whole look for me.
I’d have preferred these jackets instead, which she has in her closet:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9GDdYxVYAAeqQ6.jpg
http://www.meghansfashion.com/upload...-navy_orig.jpg
Old 04-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

I was talking to friend today about when I saw. the queen with my two little grandsons. It was packed but she was wearing a bright pink coat and hat and we could see where she was all the time. My eldest grandson could always see ..Williams grandma ..and I have him on video of him saying that. It’s why royals wear bright colors and Meghan’s has to think about the people who wait to see her. In her off time she can wear whatever she wants when she’s on duty she needs to wear the royal uniform. The constant dark or black just doesn’t cut it

Closed Thread