Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...rrive-for.html

Meghan today at the Invictus trials.

Meh. Does she need to wear a trench coat to a sporting event? Perhaps a short jacket would of been better in the conditions?

LaRae
With you on the meh. It's only 14C/58F degrees there, so I get why she needs a jacket, but one that went with the jeans and polo would be much better. The trench doesn't, and so she doesn't look styled, just like she grabbed something on the way out the door to deal with the weather.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Yeah there are lots of options for jackets/coats for an outside event that would go better with her jeans and IG shirt. The constant flying coat from all the wind is distracting too. She should of looked at what Harry's wearing...and how about a pair of flats or something for a sport event instead of heels?

LaRae

Old 04-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I definitely think runners for observing a sporting event. I'd also like to have seen more slimline jeans and a short jacket. I've never seen Meghan with a pony tail but if her hair was tied back it wouldn't be flying around all over the place.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeah there are lots of options for jackets/coats for an outside event that would go better with her jeans and IG shirt. The constant flying coat from all the wind is distracting too. She should of looked at what Harry's wearing...and how about a pair of flats or something for a sport event instead of heels?

LaRae
That's what I was thinking too!
But perhaps without the heels, those black pants (again!) would be sweeping the ground. (I'm not certain that they aren't).
Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Majesty

Well yeah the change of shoe might require a different jean..but I'm sure she has more than one pair...and if she didn't have a suitable pair for a flat heel/sneaker she could buy them. The hair bugs me too flying around and of all days it would be good to wear it in a 'messy bun' or pony tail, this would be the day. Not sure what her thought process was...maybe she didn't think it thru very well.

LaRae
Old 04-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Meh. Does she need to wear a trench coat to a sporting event? Perhaps a short jacket would of been better in the conditions?

LaRae
How about the heels...? And, the rings, those silly thumb, index rings...

Quote:
Well yeah the change of shoe might require a different jean..but I'm sure she has more than one pair...and if she didn't have a suitable pair for a flat heel/sneaker she could buy them. The hair bugs me too flying around and of all days it would be good to wear it in a 'messy bun' or pony tail, this would be the day. Not sure what her thought process was...maybe she didn't think it thru very well.

LaRae
Yes, yes, and yes. Why doesn't she put her hair in a ponytail??
Old 04-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend team trials for Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

More pics

Juliette yeah I commented on the heels...the rings are just something she seems to always wear. Not a fan but whatever on those at least they are very small mostly.

LaRae
Old 04-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's what I was thinking too!
But perhaps without the heels, those black pants (again!) would be sweeping the ground. (I'm not certain that they aren't).
Even a thicker, block heel would have been better. Still silly and inappropriate for a track field, but hey, better than stilettos.

(..)
Old 04-06-2018, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Even a thicker, block heel would have been better. Still silly and inappropriate for a track field, but hey, better than stilettos.

Yeah...perhaps next time she's out for something 'sporty' she'll make the adjustments.

LaRae
Old 04-06-2018, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Blergh. This is not at all inappropriate or horrid IMO. But it is also blergh.

To be fair, she is wearing IG gear.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it's terrible or inappropriate in any way. I just don't have much opinion on it other than it's fine for the event. Although, I usually don't have much opinion on polo shirt and jeans. Not something I'm ever going to geek out about.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

NOTHING pleases about this..
Old 04-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Majesty

wyevale you can't fault her shirt, it's an IG shirt she's probably expected to wear!

LaRae
Old 04-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

LaRae
Lol, why are you guys complaining? I thought Meghan looked good. She cannot make you guys happy. She is not a Nutella jar. Jessica is not bad btw.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I am revising my opinion. Thumbs up. She dressed for the participants, not for the press (and royal watchers). Puts the focus on the event and the athletes. Most appropriate for this appearance.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

Nothing surprising here. I knew she'd wear jeans and an Invictus polo. I don't have an issue with the trench, but wish she'd worn a jean cut that didn't require a heel.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Another “just threw something on” look to me.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Lol, why are you guys complaining? I thought Meghan looked good. She cannot make you guys happy. She is not a Nutella jar. Jessica is not bad btw.
Her fashion sense rocks and she couldn’t care less that’s all that matters really
Old 04-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

I don't understand all of the black clothing. Bleah.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Not true. She has worn some nice looks, and we've stated that when it's happened. Read back thru the thread.

Folks are allowed to disagree about Jessica, opinions vary about many things.

LaRae

Closed Thread