The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Majesty

Gaudete I'm not familiar enough with Queen Beatrix to understand the reference?

LaRae

Old 12-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Gaudete I'm not familiar enough with Queen Beatrix to understand the reference?

LaRae
Queen Beatrix has/had a very....unique....taste in headgear. She always seemed to go for huge creations with lots of feathers. They were very dramatic. I think Camilla has cornered the market in imposing millinery in the BRF but part of me secretly hopes Meghan will take to Beatrix-like creations. I don't suspect for a minute I'm right of course

Old 12-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Majesty

In some of the pictures Meghan looks like she has an inch of makeup on her face
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't imagine Meghan in a formal hat. Perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie will take her out to buy a couple of fascinators!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
In some of the pictures Meghan looks like she has an inch of makeup on her face
Because you can tell so much in a photo taken through a car window as the car is moving?
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I can't imagine Meghan in a formal hat. Perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie will take her out to buy a couple of fascinators!

I suspect she’ll “warm up” with a few pillbox hats at the start and work her way up. But if Bea offers to take her to Westwood to shop for hats, I pray someone steps in quick!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Ok pray she takes no advice from Bea or Eugenie when it comes to clothes or hats!!!

LaRae
Old 12-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Because you can tell so much in a photo taken through a car window as the car is moving?
The DM has clear pictures. Lots of people have commented on her makeup on social media.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:53 AM
Majesty

I haven't seen any comments from the Royal Watchers on Twitter about her makeup?

I didn't notice her makeup being any different than usual?

LaRae
Old 12-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The woman wore HD foundation and contoured properly. The horror!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Gaudete and Pranter, I wouldn’t be praying—I’d be begging!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Meghan Markle joins royals for the Queen's Christmas lunch | Daily Mail Online

Pics from the DM....maybe the darker blush and shiny lip gloss sent folks over the edge?

LaRae
Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Meghan Markle joins royals for the Queen's Christmas lunch | Daily Mail Online

Pics from the DM....maybe the darker blush and shiny lip gloss sent folks over the edge?

LaRae
Honestly, this is a no win battle for her. Her makeup looks flawless, and she's criticized for wearing an inch of make up when in reality I can see some of her freckles still. If she showed up not wearing makeup or there are flaws, she'd be criticized for not respecting the Queen.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Honestly, this is a no win battle for her. Her makeup looks flawless, and she's criticized for wearing an inch of make up when in reality I can see some of her freckles still. If she showed up not wearing makeup or there are flaws, she'd be criticized for not respecting the Queen.
You're so right. Whatever she does she's going to be picked to pieces by people with too much time on their hands. For what it's worth, I thought she looked very beautiful and very natural. It's the first time I've seen her and thought how "right" she appears in this new role.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Exactly. And there is also praise on Twitter for her look today, clothing, makeup etc. I'm not taking any notice of naysayers and Meghan certainly won't as the woman has sense.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Meghan is meeting her future husband's extended family for the first time....royal family members at that. Who wouldn't look their extra best? She looks fabulous!!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Commoner

Her makeup doesn't look any different to me.looks the same like the interview one and i havent seen anyone commenting on it.She looks gorgeous.Im in love with those earrings and her dress is really nice.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
Her makeup doesn't look any different to me.looks the same like the interview one and i havent seen anyone commenting on it.She looks gorgeous.Im in love with those earrings and her dress is really nice.
She does have more makeup today than when they had the photo call at KP. However, calling it an inch of makeup is a bit of an exaggeration. The photo call was a bare minimum of makeup.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Exactly. She looks fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Interestingly I can't imagine her in a fascinator and think she will look gorgeous in formal hats , what come to my mind is these simple hats with large brims. I think pillbox will look good on her too!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Majesty

I think she will be able to pull off pretty much anything but I think she will look fab in a real hat/classic style.

LaRae

Meghan Markle's Christmas Luncheon Outfit Proves She's Already Figured Out Sartorial Diplomacy | E! News

Closed Thread