The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
It must be cold, since she's wearing hose for the first time.
I think wearing hose is more about the formality of the occasion.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Majesty

Yeah those hose are not going to keep her legs warm...they are worn merely for formality's sake.

LaRae

Old 03-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Love the coat...not sure what I think about the hat. Surprised she's in cream/white.

LaRae

This is the first coat she’s worn that I really like.

White/cream doesn’t surprise me at all. It’s neutral.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
dgtns..
Please explain A] 'PB'
Princess Beatrice.....famous 2011 wedding hat!

B] How 'very 21st Century' can possibly be 'very classic' ?
when I look at current things, I see classics with a twist.
Sometimes an irregular cut to create interest.
Or a classic with an oversized feature.
That's why the beret that is "a little different" is picked. Looks like a bit more shaped than slouchy. Ditto for the christmas hat, some times that very round hat would have a center "stem" back in the day, here is Meg with the stem unwinding and off center.

My opinion.
In case you think I just love her so much that I'm going to roll with everything she presents.
Actually, I'm not a 100% on Meghan, I believe she is a work in progress. She has aptitude and a lot of public image experience. But like I said she is a work in progress. I think Dss. C has grown a lot since 2011.

What do you think?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Meghan looked superb today. Stand out of the royal ladies next to Sophie. Her and Harry have so much charisma together.

I love this white coat. It could be better fitted though. Her hair was amazing as well.

One of my favorite combos is navy and white so glad to see this on Meghan.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I for one like everything about this look, she really shines when she is at formal events and seems to make an effort to make sure things fit. I love her hat and think it works well with her face and how she wears her hair.
I did once say that Meghan 's fashion has been unimpressive since the announcement but I made an error; what she wore. to church for Xmas was a good look as was the official engagement photo dress. This is another look that works for her.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I was again bored with todays outfit, navy and blue with a silly little beret on flowing hair. This is quite a big event and I just think her outfit was a washout. I'm glad she didn't wear trousers, but unfortunately that's as good as it gets.

I do hope we see her at Ascot.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

What an improvement! The first non-bathrobe coat that fits. Too bad she messed with the collar and the lapels. The beret is perfect for her, she is petite and it suits her.
The navy and white seems to be the memo for all royal ladies today. Love her navy dress length, however, the heels are way too high.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
And Marg if you're out there, I'm pretty sure I saw the glimmer of stockings. I'm going to say it's out of respect for HM and the church setting. If it was rigid protocol, she'd wear them for the more informal engagements too.
I'm here and you sure did! It gives the legs an elegantly smooth colour and finish. (I wish you could've seen me doing a little happy dance around the lounge. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wish someone would direct her away from the beret look though..get a proper hat.

LaRae

Having now seen a pic of the open coat with the navy dress I like the over all look better than with it closed up...nice navy/white contrast. Still not loving the beret <G>

LaRae
If you are not a "hat" person you can feel very conspicuous in a hat and many, like Sophie and Catherine, started out wearing little wisps of fascinators. I'll take this saucy beret any day over that. You have to work up to Sophie, Anne and Camilla "real" hats.

But, all things being equal, I feel she aced this first serious engagement. Her beret suited her hairstyle perfectly and her navy dress and cream top coat looked fantastic and to go for the turned up style of collar was a perfect little Meghan tweak. I am beginning to think that her fashion precursor was Princess Anne. They have the same no-nonsense approach to clothes.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Meghan looks lovely, and I'm happy to see her wearing something other than all dark colors for a nice change. It looks like Kate and Meghan are wearing the same navy Manolo Blahnik pumps with stiletto heels. Both Kate and Meghan look gorgeous. Meghan's outfit is by two of Diana PofW's favorite designers, Amanda Wakeley (coat and dress), and milliner Stephen Jones, who designed a number of berets and hats for Diana.

Meghan looks good, but I'm not that in love with the beret. It is rather flat. I will look forward to seeing Meghan wear something different in a hat. I like the hat she wore to Sandringham celebrations on Christmas Day. But I think as a new formal hat wearer perhaps she's easing into becoming more comfortable with hats.

Meghan Markle Attends Commonwealth Day Services
Mad About Meghan
https://twitter.com/meghanmaven?lang=en
Meghan Markle Maven | The Life and Style of Meghan Markle
Old 03-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
It looks like Kate and Meghan are wearing the same navy Manolo Blahnik pumps with stiletto heels.
They’re not, Kate is wearing Rupert Sanderson and Meghan is wearing Manolo Blahnik. Both repeats.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

must be Meghan best outfit so far minus the hat,i like the white coat and navy dress must say also the coat looks much better opened
Old 03-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

Such a chic outfit. I like the beret. I think a close fitted style of hat suits her petite frame. The colour is lovely and brightened up a wet and dreary London day.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

I was a big fan of the look. I kind of wish the coat it was a little more tailored to fit her but the overall style was amazing. Loved the color. Love the collar. Very chic. The hat was nice too though I am not really a fan of berets but she rocked it.

I also liked her new highlights. Very curious how she will be doing her hair. It is getting long and she was wearing it to the side today.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Love it ! So far I have always loved everything she wore....just perfect
Old 03-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Majesty

She looked fantastic. I love the chic white coat, and the blue under. And I even love her hat

Best dressed of the day honestly.

I think it was conscious putting her in white with blue accents, next to Kate in blue. Her and Anne in mainly white, is a nice break in the sea of dark blue.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Much better the coat looks great but still not liking the hat but overall much better
Old 03-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I love her outfit. I think she looks great! I'm really loving the coat.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:28 AM
Gentry

Just wish her coat was better fitted to her measurements !
Since she is quite petite a better fitted silhouette will suit her better .
Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 AM
Majesty

She may very well be losing weight with all these new things coming at her and there's still two months to go before the wedding and everything is very grand and more than a little daunting and there's still two months to go.