The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I just want a colour! A purple or a burgundy please.

It looks okay but the coat looks big, and I wouldn’t wear black and navy together.
I think so too.
It's all right, but I am finding her style rather bland.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I get it that many of you are not loving MM's choices, but I really am. Such a breath of fresh air. Such a grown woman look. More business than girlie, which is to my taste. And really well pulled together. Not at all cliche!

I don’t think of Capri pants as business like. I like them, but it’s more casual than business dress imo. Especially the super tight ones. I don’t mind it, but it’s not really business attire to me.

Out of curiosity- what is a girlie/not grown woman look? Dresses? That’s more formal to me and always appropriate. Do you not like dresses and skirts?

Old 03-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
'Meh'......about covers it.
I hear ya...but I do like the coat color/trim and purse!

LaRae

Any idea on the silver bracelet she had on today (not gold..silver)...?

https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...42167466151936

LaRae
Old 03-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Gentry

Well... I guess she’s expanding to blue, so that’s something.

I personally am not a huge fan of the coat (maybe if it waan’t Wool). It looks nice from afar but I saw it up close online and.. no.
Yes to the Capri, and they’re not super tight so that an extra point! no to the damn black (there are more shades in the color palates Meghan).
I love the sweater, the shape and color. Not a cashmere fan myself, even though it’s a blend.

Taking away the coat and silly stiletto (I saw the pics she looked like she was about to fall and break her legs on them)(also those shoes come in other shades!) I like the pants and sweater combo, but! I’m taking away points for once again sticking to basic neutrals. That pants could and should have been a different color.

Once again, separately her stuff are awesome. Together? A monochrome mess.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Majesty

I wasn’t expecting colour. That’s ship has said but the Capri pants and hair are awful as usual.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Commoner

What's wrong with her hair?
Old 03-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the sweater, but everything else (including the hair) are a miss for me. The coat, again, looks to big, the pants with the heals looks strange and the hair is falling in her face (which in turn makes her keep pushing it back). I'm all for a monochromatic look but this is not pushing any buttons for me. I would have loved to have seen this sweater with the beige skirt she worn or a nice pair of trousers (hemmed to the correct length).
Old 03-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her hair hangs down and covers her face. Needs to be off her face
Old 03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Administrator

I don't think there is anything wrong with her hair. It looks like its freshly washed. And really, since she has long hair, there is not much she can do with it unless she puts it up, brings out the headband or cuts it and does the bangs look. And I am thinking she doesn't want bangs.

Frankly, I am getting weary of the black as well. As this is from someone who has over 30 pairs of black pants! I don't get the capris either...didn't England just have a big snow storm (i.e. Emma?).

If its true that she wants people to focus on the event and not her wardrobe, that's all good but she will at some point have to improve her wardrobe a bit. As Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother said during World War II (and I am paraphrasing here) people put on their best to meet me and I am going to wear my best when I meet them. I would expect her to at least dress up on Royal Ascot and other such snazzy and dressy events. But I guess we will have to wait for that.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Right so this might sound really odd, but I'm just going to say it and it's meant with no offence.

I think Meghan dresses like Meghan would if she wasn't in her situation re - marrying a Prince. I want her to be comfy, and dress for herself but I always remember hearing that The Queen dresses in bright colours so she can be seen when the crowds are 4 deep. Does that make sense?
Old 03-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Majesty

The shoes, IMO, too high for that event and style of outfit. She's got a 'working outfit' with a evening heel.

LaRae
Old 03-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Not again......ugh!
Old 03-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Majesty

I know Missjersey...I live in hope that when spring/summer arrive the wardrobe brightens.

LaRae
Old 03-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Oh Pranter I can’t even....I hope she put in as much time for the bridal gown as you and others have. I’ll say it, I’m disappointed
Old 03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Right so this might sound really odd, but I'm just going to say it and it's meant with no offence.

I think Meghan dresses like Meghan would if she wasn't in her situation re - marrying a Prince. I want her to be comfy, and dress for herself but I always remember hearing that The Queen dresses in bright colours so she can be seen when the crowds are 4 deep. Does that make sense?
Very well said. There is a reason women of the royal family dress in a certain way.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Administrator

I agree Lumu!

Maybe we should tweet that to Kensington Palace! But than again, if she started to wear bright colors she would be accused of being attention seeking! She can't win.

Either way...its barely been a year...and she is not even married yet.

It will take her a minute or so to find her royal fashion groove. It took Diana, Sophie and Camilla at least five years. So here's hoping it gets better!

Old 03-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

again she looks unkempt to me
to start there is something wrong with way she wore her coats always looks big and unfitted..today coat is very pretty but Meghan totally ruins it first with the way she wore it second match it the Navy coat with black capri looks all wrong and fumpy Imo and then the heels away tooo hight for the event and the so called working outfit i won't add anything about the lack of color in her wardrobe i think posts above said much
Old 03-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is Jessica Mulroney justifying her [doubtless substantial] retainer? Given she must have EVERY single purveyor of Black trousers and Wrap Coats across the Nation on speed-dial.

Her client is doubtless a VERY busy Woman, but her 'stylist' CANNOT be, given her uninspired and 'samey' choices..
Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
How is Jessica Mulroney justifying her [doubtless substantial] retainer?
This is my biggest issue with these looks. How in the world does a professional stylist have so little imagination that she apparently isn’t capable of putting together a winter outfit without black trousers?

I do like this coat and top though, so I’m just looking at photos from waist up.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Majesty

At this point I would beg for a dark grey trouser....

LaRae

Closed Thread