The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

(..) back on topic about Meghan and her sleeveless. She was in a heated room or car for all but a few seconds when she had to walk into the building after the car pulled up. And when they are on stage, she’s under lights that would’ve made it hotter than the rest of that room. She doesn’t appear to be cold, so if she wanted to wear sleeveless in February, what’s the fashion issue?

Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

(..)
Meghan can wear what she likes, but I get cold just looking at her.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

(...)
Just to reiterate I adore Meghan's shoes and I hope she keeps wearing them additionally I love the select rings on her fingers. I feel things like that are little things that can keep her Meghan and not be dominated by being Princess Henry.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Gentry

I'm fine with short sleeves and sleeveless dresses in the winter. Sometimes I wear such myself, but I do have a shawl or a cardigan with me. It's because even though houses (especially homes) are well heated, some public places tend to be cooler. For example, the hallways and lobbies have lower temperatures, so it's nice to put on your cardigan when you're going to a toilet or the lobby, or quickly taking a breath of fresh air outdoors. Meghan most likely knew she was just going to sit under the hot lights. And judging by her bare legs, she may be one of those people who just don't feel cold easily.

It would have been nice to see a woollen shawl or cardigan or something with her nevertheless because it does look a little odd to have so much bare skin during winter, especially since it's a daytime function, not an evening one. She could have just taken it away if it got too hot. All the other ladies I have seen in photos there are wearing blouses or dresses with long sleeves and/or blazers/jackets/cardigans, and Meghan kind of looks a little out of place.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That's one lovely dress,she looks great and those shoes are to sie for
Old 03-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure if I'm completely liking Meghan's latest dress. The colour is beautiful but I'm not a fan of the style.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Nobility

I really liked Meghan's dress. Thought it was very edgy, fashion-forward and she looked gorgeous.

(..)

All in all, I wasn't phased by Meghan's sleeveless look. She spent too many winters in Toronto and too many years as a working actress for me to have thought she didn't know how to dress for the wintry London weather or Q&A forum under hot stage lights. I've found most of this thread to be a tempest in a teapot.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Opinion: People need to stop expecting Meghan to abandon all American traditions and culture – Royal Central

I thought this was a good article.

LaRae
Old 03-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Administrator

The on-going off-topic discussion about varying heating systems has been removed.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Meghan Markle’s Dress Was Almost 1,000 Percent More Expensive Than Kate Middleton’s | InStyle.com

There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. I do not understand the media's need to obsess over the cost of the garments. Especially since both women have their own private funds. But especially since Meghan isn't an actual member of the RF, and so what she spends where, is no ones business.

But furthermore, why the need to compare the garment price of these two women. Kate wears expensive and inexpensive brands regularly, and I'm sure Meghan does as well.

Be a good person.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Majesty

Just nonsense.

LaRae
Old 03-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It was good. Quite sensible and far more based in reality than much that gets printed.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Majesty

I thought so too...I really liked it.

LaRae
Old 03-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I really liked Meghan's dress. Thought it was very edgy, fashion-forward and she looked gorgeous.

(..)

All in all, I wasn't phased by Meghan's sleeveless look. She spent too many winters in Toronto and too many years as a working actress for me to have thought she didn't know how to dress for the wintry London weather or Q&A forum under hot stage lights. I've found most of this thread to be a tempest in a teapot.
Yes, I agree. No one has to choose the same look, but it really works for Meghan. She actually has very pretty, nicely-shaped arms (Mrs. Obama has very nicely shaped arms too and she has shown them off on many occasions to a lot of grumbling about appropriateness). I love that Meghan knows what looks good on her, and she's very comfortable rocking her own style.

Below is a Meghan video featuring a gallery of her different looks that truly gives a sense of her laid-back casual style, mixed with Suits polish, and edgy elegance. She always looks comfortable and fashion forward. The Wu dress looks quite wonderful on Meghan (again much better than it looked on the runway model)
Meghan Markle Joins the “Fab Four” at the First Annual Royal Foundation Forum

Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Courtier

With Meghan attending the Commonwealth Day service, eyes will definitely be on her for her choice of fashion that day. It's a more formal event at Westminster Abbey. With the Queen present I think she will blend to avoid the optics of looking like she is trying to outdo HM.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Majesty

IIRC they tend to wear more somber colors so that will be right in her wheelhouse of monochromatic colors. I'm going to guess she will be in a dress and wearing a hat as well.

LaRae
Old 03-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I really don't care about how much Meghan's dress cost. It was such a tasteless article. I'm sure she's used to designer clothes as she's a celebrity.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
It was good. Quite sensible and far more based in reality than much that gets printed.

Except shes not an average girl marrying an average man. Shes marrying a prince and marrying in to a royal family unlike any other.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Except shes not an average girl marrying an average man. Shes marrying a prince and marrying in to a royal family unlike any other.
What does that have to do with the article?
Old 03-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I really don't care about how much Meghan's dress cost. It was such a tasteless article. I'm sure she's used to designer clothes as she's a celebrity.
I don't understand this comment- I don't think we're talking about the same article at all.

Closed Thread