Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This IS my opinion on fashion! Are you a moderator? If not, don't moderate my opinion. I was just making the observation that men don't get this type of scrutiny. Also, I was saying how I love that Meghan is her own person when it comes to her style choices. (..)

So because you think it is sexist to talk about women's fashions we must be subject to your negative comments about fashion discussions?

Gotcha.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
People please refresh the understanding of quoting a post.

Anyway I think the pants don't look good but her hair is amazing and beautiful it was a fantastic style and color and looked well put together. I admit I am exasperated by people acting like long hair is somehow a bad thing. There is no age limit in regards to hair length it's not like she is wearing pigtails.
As for Meghan's clothes I have not been impressed with anything she has worn; even her outfit to announce the engagement looked bad imo.

So because you think it is sexist to talk about women's fashions we must be subject to your negative comments about fashion discussions?

Gotcha.

LaRae
PLEASE! Men don't have to live up to this level of scrutiny. Yes, it's sexist. Where would you have me post my opinion on fashion? The fashion thread seemed most appropriate, so this is where I posted my statement. I will make sure to check with you before posting my OPINIONS in the future. I just couldn't live with myself if I continued to upset you.

Her hair hangs down and covers her face. Needs to be off her face

Her hair looks dirty and unkempt, and I hate the way she keeps touching it and then shaking peoples' hands, gross

People please refresh the understanding of quoting a post.

Anyway I think the pants don't look good but her hair is amazing and beautiful it was a fantastic style and color and looked well put together. I admit I am exasperated by people acting like long hair is somehow a bad thing. There is no age limit in regards to hair length it's not like she is wearing pigtails.
As for Meghan's clothes I have not been impressed with anything she has worn; even her outfit to announce the engagement looked bad imo.

Her hair is the worst, dirty, unkempt, extensions are clearly visible, and she keeps touching it, she very ill-prepared, does not know what to do with her hands, maybe she needs to hold a clutch to keep her from touching her hair all the time

PLEASE! Men don't have to live up to this level of scrutiny. Yes, it's sexist. Where would you have me post my opinion on fashion? The fashion thread seemed most appropriate, so this is where I posted my statement. I will make sure to check with you before posting my OPINIONS in the future. I just couldn't live with myself if I continued to upset you.

LOL I'm not upset ... I just think it's the height of arrogance to lecture folks discussing fashion in a fashion thread. You aren't wanting to discuss fashion you want to discuss sexism.

LaRae

Laughing hard. Trying to remember the answers Kate's fans give when she gets the 'she touches her hair too often, she needs to where her hair back, she wears the same style all the time'. Its amusing to see, even though two women have drastically different styles, they get the same complaints. From different people. Kate fashion fans seem to hurl the same complaints against Meghan, that they die heartedly defend Kate against. What ever happened to her....its her style. Its what she is comfortable in. You don't always have to wear your hair back when you have lovely hair. Its nerves (playing with it) :lol:

I love the coat. The white detail adds just a little extra. Great top under :flowers:

Not a fan of the pants. To me they aren't capris. I guess maybe different concepts, but where I come from, capris usually fall just below the knee. They seem simply cropped pants. But what ever the term, seems odd choice for early March weather.

The purse is nice as well. ?

Meghan looked fine. Meghan is an independent woman, who's held many jobs to support herself. She's developed her own mind and opinions, so she's going to wear what she likes. She doesn't care what others think and that's why I like her. Men don't have to play by these sexist rules, so why should women? What a wonderful message on a day as important as International Women's Day - BE YOURSELF! The people who met her didn't care whether she had on black pants; they were happy that she cared about them and their interests. Women are more than a wardrobe or hairstyle.

Nothing wrong with being an independent person BUT she should care SHE IS REPRESENTIING Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. It’s respectful. Differences of opinion on attire are allowed on this thread

Nothing wrong with being an independent person BUT she should care SHE IS REPRESENTIING Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. It’s respectful. Differences of opinion on attire are allowed on this thread
And I delivered mine.

Laughing hard. Trying to remember the answers Kate's fans give when she gets the 'she touches her hair too often, she needs to where her hair back, she wears the same style all the time'. Its amusing to see, even though two women have drastically different styles, they get the same complaints. From different people. Kate fashion fans seem to hurl the same complaints against Meghan, that they die heartedly defend Kate against. What ever happened to her....its her style. Its what she is comfortable in. You don't always have to wear your hair back when you have lovely hair. Its nerves (playing with it) [emoji38]

I love the coat. The white detail adds just a little extra. Great top under :flowers:

Not a fan of the pants. To me they aren't capris. I guess maybe different concepts, but where I come from, capris usually fall just below the knee. They seem simply cropped pants. But what ever the term, seems odd choice for early March weather.

The purse is nice as well. [emoji2]
I agree the pants don't work imo, Capris to me also fall slightly below the knee. What Meghan wears look like pants that have shrunk in the dryer. I agree about the comments about her hair and how they were the same as with Kate. Both women have enviable hair and they show it off well. I prefer how she wore it in this recent event much better than her messy bun.

Since when is cropped pants pants that shrunk in the dryer? Are they too tight on her or something? Crop pants and crop pants. They are designed to be shorter than full length pants and longer than capris and perfectly acceptable business attire for women.

I thought she looked fine today. The coat must be brand new, because the stitch used to keep the vent neat before the garment is sold is still on that back vent. It should have been snipped.

Laughing hard. Trying to remember the answers Kate's fans give when she gets the 'she touches her hair too often, she needs to where her hair back, she wears the same style all the time'. Its amusing to see, even though two women have drastically different styles, they get the same complaints. From different people. Kate fashion fans seem to hurl the same complaints against Meghan, that they die heartedly defend Kate against. What ever happened to her....its her style. Its what she is comfortable in. You don't always have to wear your hair back when you have lovely hair. Its nerves (playing with it) :lol:

This. :flowers:

I am okay with her pants although I hope she matches it with different shoes, it just doesn't go well with those shoes.

I see no evidence to suggest that Meghan is in any way wearing clothes that are disrespectful or represent the Queen in a bad way. Her approach to, and interpretation of, what is stylish and appropriate to wear for occasions such as these is different to traditional Royal attire, but not unseemly. When attending church on Christmas Day, she showed she is fully aware of when it is expected to dress in a certain way.
I thought an earlier comment along the lines that her hair is dirty to be a very unpleasant remark. You might not like this free, flowing style which on a damp and windy day doesn't react well, but dirty really?

I think this is only Meghan's 3rd or 4th official engagement. She seems to be easing slowly into her new role, and that includes being conservative with her sartorial choices. I happen to love the cropped pants and the sweater, and the coat is quite lovely too. It's a perfectly appropriate outfit for the event. I think as she gets more comfortable in her role, we'll see more color from her and maybe more adventurous choices. I for one can hardly wait to see what kinds of evening gowns she will wear in the future. She has very good taste in general, and I don't think she's going to disappoint us in the long run. Give her a little time.

Another wrap coat but at least she doesn’t look like she is drowning in this one. The white stitch for the back vent of the coat that wasn’t removed shows she has no stylist. The Capri pants and high heels are not for her imo because of her naturally thin legs. So it looks very unbalanced to me, fine from the coat hem up. Love the sweater. I hope she will evolve a better hairstyle to suit her present job, as all the other royal women have I can remember for the last forty years, princess royal , you can update!

I thought Meghan looked great. Liked this coat much better than the one in Edinburgh. I'm a little old school so not quite sold on navy/black coordinates, but she pulled it off so maybe it's just my issue. I much prefer a coat worn as a coat versus coat dresses which I find matronly. Maybe that's why I don't have an issue with the cut of her coats (Edinburgh being the exception). It's an outer garment that I expect her to remove.

Interesting that the critiques here are so counter to most other fashion blogs. Makes me wonder if it's generational or geographical? But, everyone's entitled to their opinion. For the commenters calling Meghan unkempt or that her hair looks unclean, we must not be looking at the same pictures. :ermm:

:previous: I’m not sure where the comment regarding others being disappointed in her outfit since engagement came from either. Honestly, I’ve only seen some gasping at the fact that she dared to break protocol by wearing black (long broken by royal ladies before her) or pants (again, long before her) and the price tag of the engagement dress. Other than that, they might not be labeling her a fashion icon at the moment, but no one has been disappointed at her except for here. In fact, some of the pieces have been received positively by some of the more reputable fashion places like Vogue, Harper’s Bizaar and such. Most I’ve seen LOVED her McQueen suit and some other pieces. And honestly, is she supposed to dazzle with her wardrobe at everyday royal engagements? I mean it’s high time the work should take longer than the wardrobe choices. When she attended the Royal Foundation forum, I thought she looked lovely, but I’m really happy that the substance of what she had to say took more attention than her outfit. And I’m willing to bet that if she did dazzle with every outfit to every event, the same people would be criticizing her for taking attention away from others with her wardrobe and not know her place.

Her outfits have been completely appropriate for the events she attended and certainly acceptable attire for business women, so I’m a bit baffled by the insinuation that she’s somehow disrespecting HMQ by her clothing choices.

As for the not removing the packing stitch on her coat. Oh well, **** happens. Now that it’s been in multiple headlines, I’m sure we won’t see that happen again.

Last edited:
IMO this is Meghan's best outfit to date! It fits her beautifully.

Love the coat...not sure what I think about the hat. Surprised she's in cream/white.

LaRae

Love the purse, coat, shoe...can't see the dress. The hat, I keep looking at it..I want to like it..but I am just meh about it.

LaRae

That's 'more like it'...

Not a fan of Berets [on ANYONE]. but excepting that, Ms Markle 'looks the part'..

The hat is an improvement vs. Xmas but a beret is still the same basic shape at the base as the hat that will not be named. I'm not sure the brimless hat is her best look but clearly someone thinks it is. Enjoying the rest of the look.

Yesssss!!! No pants, and a coat that fits her rather than wears her!

This is her best look to date for sure. I like the cream, and I am a fan of the beret. It fits the lines and look of the coat. Well done today.

Not sure about the beret (I think that beret may be too flat?), but the coat is beautiful even though personally I don't like coat with stand up collar.

I am still waiting Meghan to wear a hat with brim (team brimmed hat here, no berets no cocktails no fascinators:lol:).

Last edited:
I Love the coat, and the beret is fine. Like what I can see of the shoes. It's great to see Meghan in coat and dress. Her best so far, IMO.

I'm team brimmed as well W.Y.CII! But the fascinators have grown on me over time. I still prefer a more 'full' hat. Given Meghan's more bohemian style leanings, I think we'll see more of that style once she's "fully integrated". I think a lot of what were seeing from her, as far as hats go, follows what she sees as British style. But Kate has branched out, and I think we'll see Meghan do it too.

And Marg if you're out there, I'm pretty sure I saw the glimmer of stockings. :D I'm going to say it's out of respect for HM and the church setting. If it was rigid protocol, she'd wear them for the more informal engagements too.

The white look is beautiful and elegant. Love the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom