The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 06:47 AM
Courtier

Simple, elegant, not over shadowing anybody as she is not officially part of the royal family as yet, neutral colours...well played.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:55 AM
Gentry

I actually adore this entire ensemble. She looks very event-appropriate, without being overdone or looking not refined enough. Tan and beige look wonderful on her. I actually like the hat too. As mentioned above, it is quite weird seeing non-hat people wearing hats, but Meghan pulls it off, imo. Her makeup and hair also look lovely. That glow of hapiness is a great aphrodisiac. Great job on the first family outing!

Old 12-25-2017, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

She does look very happy. And I noticed something today about her eyes. They shape of her eyes really makes her look like such a warm person when she smiles. I was trying to put my hand on what it was about her that just seems so sweet feature wise. I think that's it.

The outfit looks better in video. I'm not going to look at the photos anymore. Just video. That color makes me queasy when I look at it in pictures.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ms Markle looked fine, and 'event appropriate'.

Dislike the Handbag tho'...
Old 12-25-2017, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Perfect outfit for Meghan ! She looks great !
Old 12-25-2017, 07:15 AM
Majesty

I thought she might have a black dress on under her coat ...it's a dark color but I almost thought I saw a pattern like a plaid or tartan.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The coat is nice, but I really dislike the hat and the color combo (burgandy, tan and brown).
Old 12-25-2017, 07:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love everything about this look from head to toe (including the handbag). Love the colour choice. I am so going to enjoy following her on the fashion front - what a welcome ejection of elegance to the British Royal family.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:29 AM
Commoner

I saw a picture that made the hat look a tiny bit nicer but I hate that hat.The rest of the outfit is nice
Old 12-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Sentaler has very quickly updated their website with that coat noted as worn by Meghan Markle in description. I noticed earlier S and XL were sold out already, those sizes are now available for pre order. I notice XS was running low too, but no longer showing the last one message, so they must have replenished the quantity available online.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:41 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I thought she might have a black dress on under her coat ...it's a dark color but I almost thought I saw a pattern like a plaid or tartan.

LaRae
It's velvet
https://78.media.tumblr.com/546243ac...do6xo1_540.png
Old 12-25-2017, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

^Burgundy! Now I want to see the dress. Grrrr.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think the hat would've been better if it didn't have the side thing. It's always a little awkward to see people who don't usually wear hats wear hats at first. So I'm not going to hate on her for that.
That's true. I like this better than the fascinators that sit right on the front of the head.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Oooooooo....love that color and fabric feel....wish we could see the dress!!!

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Courtier

The hats decoration looks like it was placed wrong on the hat. The coat is trying to fit through the bodice, but failing. It needs to have some fabric trimmed to fit better. She could use some colors with more pop to complement her bronzed skin tone.

She needs to consult her stateside church ladies.(..)
Old 12-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very, very smart attention to detail and matching everything. Though I hate the hat, everything else is fabulous.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
She can spend her own money however she likes, but regardless if that dress was purchased privately or not, that dress is grossly overpriced. I have been a long time follower of fashion and not even your most stunningly designed dress from Lanvin by Alber Elbaz (runway) cost that much and that Ralph & Russo dress is not inventive or extraordinarily different to justify the amount it's charged for. Maybe I'm used to the prices at Net-a-Porter and it's clouding my judgement but that dress comes from the runway and is not designed from scratch especially for her.

But it's also not my problem and we should indeed move on.
First off, Merry Christmas everyone!!

Second - this isnít accurate if the RR gown was Haute Couture - which means it was handmade. Even if it wasnít yes there are still runway gowns that cost that much and more. Most Valentino gowns Iíve seen up close off the runway are $45k and up - One was nearly $80k. Any Ellie Saab gown would have a similar price tag.

But I think the main reason the dress cost that much is because itís Haute Couture. Also - given that she might have purchased the gown in London at the flagship store, it could have been the runway sample and thus didnít cost that much.

We already know the gown is two years old so she didnít pay full price.

I donít know why this is such a big deal to people when it was likely HER money and not the taxpayerís money.

And Iím sure we will see the gown again.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:29 AM
Majesty

She looks fine but as she has such a small frame, these belted coats swamp her. She looks lovely in fitted coats such as the navy blue one.

I really don't like the hat - it looks out of proportion.

And I'd love to see some more colour - the palette since the engagement is very neutral.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Majesty

I think that her everyday/working taste does run to neutral. When it's a special event or dressy event then she pops the color or style up.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

I like the color of her boots & hat with the coat but to me the hat looks too big for her head. I'm sure it is supposed to be that way.
Good color choice, you can see her wearing the light colored coat but it doesn't scream "look at me."

Closed Thread