Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Hats, Headwear and Hairstyles: Nov 2004 - Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. :flowers: It looks great on her and really suits her. Very nice indeed

I think she looks alot more put together with this trim she's had done. Looks nice!

I like this new haircut a lot, it really suits her well.

Doesn't she have something similar before she became a princess?

I think abot shorter would have looked nicer though it looks wonderful now...

Ive always wondered why hasnt Letizia ever worn a headpiece or hat?

Spanish ladies hardly ever wore hats specially in home.

she just wore the traditional spanish mantilla (just as the one she wore when she met the pope) as a headpiece, but as of today, she never wore a hat or headpiece. we may have to wait until she attends some activity abroad.

Her hair looks a little bit shoter but otherwise the style is the same. She was comfortable with her looks and style before she became a princess and she probably will not change her hairdo or her outfits drastically.

I'm not really sure she has had this haircut before she was a princess this style looks much more blunt with no layers, very little variation of length throughout. I don't think I've seen pics of her with this exact haircut before now. But I could be wrong! However, she seems to be the type that just does little variations to her hair nothing drastic. So maybe in the past she has had similar hairstyle(with face framing layers) but not quite exactly like this. I think the haircut looks great on her(I love the side wept bangs, it hellps her face to not appear as long) and it is a smart length for a princess. It's not too long that it will look untidy but yet its long enough to put up nicely.

Last edited:
It has a ressemblence with the begining of her anchor days... straighter, with layers and less volume:
ImageShack - Hosting :: leti27mh.jpg
plus.es -videos
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5870/8f36601clj5.jpg

Yes, it is very similar, especially to the first one. This new hairstyle though still looks just slightly different then those. But just slightly different! It seems to have more blunt edges, the style in which it was cut just looks different to me. I apologize for my explanation of "blunt" edges but I always hear that word associated with this type of straighter across edges. However, I'm not sure it is a great explanation on my part!:ermm:

Oh I also think that way this haircut was done makes her hair look thin not as full. In these pics above her hair has a fuller look to it. Not that that is a bad thing just making the comparison.

Last edited:
Letizia just has pretty hair in general. It looks good just about any way she styles it!

:-/

Princess Letizia is always the best and most beautiful... but I think that this haircut is not my favourite.

It's too plan.

My favourite is the hairstyle that she used to the wedding of Prince's friend on Ibiza las year (when she wears a look like marilyn dress..)

I'm happy to see P.ss letizia.. I was missing her!!

:lol:

Princess Letizia is always the best and most beautiful... but I think that this haircut is not my favourite.

It's too plan.

My favourite is the hairstyle that she used to the wedding of Prince's friend on Ibiza las year (when she wears a look like marilyn dress..)

I'm happy to see P.ss letizia.. I was missing her!!

I would say her hair is now too short to do a styling like Ibiza but nevertheless she should be able to do some variations. Just hanging down plain like now is boring.

I loved the variations she did two or three years ago, really creative. On almost each event she had a different styling, not much different, but enough to recognize. Ponytail, curls, pinned up, whatever. Last year I had the impression JC did some cost cutting and got rid of her hairdresser & stylist as hair and clothing were rather boring & old fashioned.

It's too plan.

I think her haircut was as plan
because of the circunstances of this day, this very horrible moment ......

personnally
I always love her hair......but for me
the very best is the one she had the day of her engagementSHE WAS FANTASTIC I always have the photo when i go to the hairdresser !!!!!!!:wub:

In my opinion ( Yes I have one also for a hair cut:D...) The Princess of Asturias is as all women after a pregancy, lacking of vitamina and as she has to breastfeed she has not so much time to take care of her hair, more as she don't have an important oficial life she has done the best thing to give health to her hair, to cut them for part to make them stronger.

I don't think that Letizia has cutted her hair to change her hairdo, I think only that she want give to her hair some breathing.

At first I liked the new haircut. I thought it was a great length for her. But now I'm not so sure, it's boring and dull. I know that I'm judging mostly vacation pics but even when she dressed up in the gold dress the hair was still rather dull and unflattering. I thought her hair looked better up then down during these vacations. I really am clueless as to what is missing but it just seems too plain. But maybe I will change my mind when she officially gets back to work. I must admit I liked her hair at the baptism but since then I haven't liked it very much at all.

At first I liked the new haircut. I thought it was a great length for her. But now I'm not so sure, it's boring and dull. I know that I'm judging mostly vacation pics but even when she dressed up in the gold dress the hair was still rather dull and unflattering. I thought her hair looked better up then down during these vacations. I really am clueless as to what is missing but it just seems too plain. But maybe I will change my mind when she officially gets back to work. I must admit I liked her hair at the baptism but since then I haven't liked it very much at all.

i wasnt too fond of it from the start. to me now, it looks like its a block of hair. it looks lifeless maybe because there is not movement or defenition to it. maybe a few layers in the back would look nice

I think Letizia's hair looks very nice.

I beleive the haircut could have something to do with being easier to manage. I know after each of my kids, I cut my hair. I just didn't have the time to deal with the long hair and styling it. Cutting it seemed so easy to manage, just wash and go. So as a princess and now a mother of two, she has her hands full, so maybe she just wanted a simpler style.

Long hair looks beautiful, but it always takes more time and effort to style and look nice than a short cut. JMO

but for me
the very best is the one she had the day of her engagementSHE WAS FANTASTIC I always have the photo when i go to the hairdresser !!!!!!!:wub:
I completely agree with you :flowers:.

I beleive the haircut could have something to do with being easier to manage. I know after each of my kids, I cut my hair. I just didn't have the time to deal with the long hair and styling it. Cutting it seemed so easy to manage, just wash and go. So as a princess and now a mother of two, she has her hands full, so maybe she just wanted a simpler style.

As a private person, you are completely right, but as a princess? With obviously having access to hairdressers etc, her request should be pls provide a nice look and cut that leaves some options for variety and not pls cut as simple as possible without variety so I only have to wash and go as I have two daughters and no time to deal with my looks. Sorry but this is how I feel Letizia looks at the moment.

As a private person, you are completely right, but as a princess? With obviously having access to hairdressers etc, her request should be pls provide a nice look and cut that leaves some options for variety and not pls cut as simple as possible without variety so I only have to wash and go as I have two daughters and no time to deal with my looks. Sorry but this is how I feel Letizia looks at the moment.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Besides what is the deal with everyone thinking shorter hair is simpler. I think it depends on the overall style. Some people that have shorter hair really have to take time with it to style it just right.

Her hair is sometimes a work of art! I like her long hair she still looks like a strong woman. Long hair could easy make a woman look less "strong"

Letizia during a gala dinner on Nov 26, 2007 (originally posted by paty)
back view -- side view

This style really suited her, looked nice with the tiara, also like the idea of the hair twisted from the sides.Looked very neat.

Princess Letizia yesterday. I like this hairdo and the little flowers are lovely
Back (originally posted by lantash)
Side (Hola)

Princess Letizia yesterday. I like this hairdo and the little flowers are lovely
Back (originally posted by lantash)
Side (Hola)

The hair-do is lovely,intresting it worked well with short hair. I like the clips/crystals in her hair as well but i think they used abit too much imo

Letizia looks lovely. Her hair do looks great and I love the hair pins. I don't think they are too much, they are just right.

i wonder are those diamond hair clips or just costume jewellery??

i love her hair in a bun... it makes her look really regal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom