Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Accessories 2: September 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if I had a husband that tall & platforms were fashionable, I might be tempted... But urgh - enough already!
Apart from the platform aspect I love these shoes - I just want to lop off half or two-thirds of the soles!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Marmi!!

I like the top area of these shoes. The front part is very pretty, and I like the flower detail. But I do agree with most of the posters that they are too clunky-looking.

A close-up of Letizia´s bag at the Prince of Asturias Awards:
Belga

She's too skinny and her legs are so skinny as well that she need to realized that those chunky shoes only make her look like Minnie Mouse.

But apparently she love those shoes with 5+ inches of heel and 3 inches of plattform that makes her look way tall than she is.

I didn't care at all for the whole outfit anyways, busy lace with two tone pearls with shinny flower shoes and shinny clutch with shinny satin underwearing with etc etc etc.

A close-up of Letizia´s bag at the Prince of Asturias Awards:
Belga

I really like the shape of this clutch. It is very modern. I do think that it doesn't work with the dress that she wore. The clutch is very modern and streamlined, and her dress was very lacy and feminine. They are two entirely different looks that don't work well together.

They may be 'classic Letizia' but she Really needs to rethink her shoes! I don't really care what color they are... they are all just too chunky!! She is sooo petite and she needs to address the fact of her shoes. She does so well for the most part, with her wardrobe. I just don't understand her shoe choices. :(

Today Letizia wore a pair of what seems to be brown suede boots
Galerías de imágenes

I like her whole outfit, not just the boots which look really nice.
The jacket and pants are casual but the jacket is made of a pretty fabric.
Looks like there was some steep walking outdoors - the outfit and boots looked perfect.

Marie of Denmark should take note from Letizia on how to dress casually but still look nice and professional for an occasion like this.

As I said before.... Looking good so far!!!

I really like the shape of this clutch. It is very modern. I do think that it doesn't work with the dress that she wore. The clutch is very modern and streamlined, and her dress was very lacy and feminine. They are two entirely different looks that don't work well together.

I agree that it perhaps wasn't the best match, but its not glaringly bad either.

It's not glaringly bad but on the other hand, it's not glaringly great either, Marmi... I think we are being really picky here but it's just opinions! :)

Zimbio
Getty
Exactly. Nice clutch, but doesn't look good with the lacy dress! Different styles!
They may be 'classic Letizia' but she Really needs to rethink her shoes!
I do agree! She often ruins her nice outfits with either wrong or ugly shoes!

And I sooooo completely disagree:

I love this shoes! Wow, really nice!
Love the flower detail.

That's one pair of shoes I'd LOVE to own!

:wub:
I'm afraid I'll be claiming them first!

Zimbio
Getty
Exactly. Nice clutch, but doesn't look good with the lacy dress! Different styles!

If you look closely you will see that the clutch suits the shoes or the other way around - they are both made of the same plastic / shiny / tacky material.

Those shoes are really really lovely and they macht very well with this lace grey:flowers: dress!

Unfortunately, one of the 'Ladies' Did trip and had a slight concussion as a result. CP Mette-Marit tripped and fell and she is now unable to attend to her duties for at least two weeks! I am Not saying that she was wearing anything close to these silly heels but it doesn't make sense to tempt Fate for the sake of beauty(?).

ALL of these CP's dress beautifully for the most part and I am not trying to demean any of them, I promise!! But it does make one take pause, doesn't it??

Unfortunately, one of the 'Ladies' Did trip and had a slight concussion as a result. CP Mette-Marit tripped and fell and she is now unable to attend to her duties for at least two weeks! I am Not saying that she was wearing anything close to these silly heels but it doesn't make sense to tempt Fate for the sake of beauty(?).

ALL of these CP's dress beautifully for the most part and I am not trying to demean any of them, I promise!! But it does make one take pause, doesn't it??

To say nothing of the permanent damage these shoes might do to their feet. I have seen on TV women getting botux injections on their feet to numb them from the pain some shoes cause.

Ouch!!! I can relate somewhat as I have bunions as a result of wearing (years ago!) Very high heels and pointy toes and I have big problems finding comfortable and stylish shoes now. Bummer! Price is no object as long as I am able to walk without getting blisters. :( Of course the CP's will have their shoes hand-made to their specific feet characteristics which I would Kill to be able to do.

Sorry. Enough of me. That isn't what this thread is about!!!! Apologies once again...

It's not glaringly bad but on the other hand, it's not glaringly great either, Marmi... I think we are being really picky here but it's just opinions! :)

Of course we can be really picky. Thats our right :D
Letizia (or anyone) will never be able to please everyone - we all have different tastes!

And that, Marmi, is the Beauty of this wonderful board!! :)

How right you are as usual, Marmi. But I am Still not a lover of Letizia's shoes....

These are great shoes - but they would look sooo much better with either neutral or black tights, this way they would look like shoes, rather than extensions of the tights!!! ;)

I agree. The tights match the shoes, and there is no difference. I thought that she should have worn neutral tights and black shoes with this outfit.

Of course we can be really picky. Thats our right :D
Letizia (or anyone) will never be able to please everyone - we all have different tastes!
I do agree Marmi!:flowers:
That's exactly what I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom